The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they do that to Even Better Than The Real Thing -- that might be cool as it's an old song that has been played live the normal way.

And I'm sure being there makes it 50% better because you are in the moment and the pretty lights... but that's my problem.

I hate it when I see live bands and they do horrible things, but it's "cool and hip" because it's different. When they don't sing the words, ask the crowd to "give it up", anything of that shit. I used to love the DMB and still like their music, but got sick of their concerts when they only played 10 songs in 2 hours because they jammed so much. When I was 16, it was very cool. But at 31, I want to hear 22 songs and keep them short. I don't need the 10 minute version of anything.

U2 is great live because

1) Love their songs/music
2.) Live versions are usually even better. Crazy Tonight on Letterman and Fordam sounded amazing.

But it's just the first show and loved that they played "UF, Little While, Angel of Harlem, UV"

So I'll be happy regardless. But I just wish they wouldn't pick the song I think sounds best live on the new album as the one they mess with so much it sounds worse. It went from an uplifting song, classic U2 style... to a dance mix. Just play a song from POP or mess with Vertigo.

The idea isn't horrible, but the song choice was. Can you imagine them doing that to With or Without You or One?

:applaud:

So a few questions:

Is Bono a redhead now? LOL

And do you think the band really just coasted along and didn't feel like being there?

Was anyone pulled up besides the people with the damn masks on??

If they do that to Even Better Than The Real Thing -- that might be cool as it's an old song that has been played live the normal way.

And I'm sure being there makes it 50% better because you are in the moment and the pretty lights... but that's my problem.

I hate it when I see live bands and they do horrible things, but it's "cool and hip" because it's different. When they don't sing the words, ask the crowd to "give it up", anything of that shit. I used to love the DMB and still like their music, but got sick of their concerts when they only played 10 songs in 2 hours because they jammed so much. When I was 16, it was very cool. But at 31, I want to hear 22 songs and keep them short. I don't need the 10 minute version of anything.

U2 is great live because

1) Love their songs/music
2.) Live versions are usually even better. Crazy Tonight on Letterman and Fordam sounded amazing.

But it's just the first show and loved that they played "UF, Little While, Angel of Harlem, UV"

So I'll be happy regardless. But I just wish they wouldn't pick the song I think sounds best live on the new album as the one they mess with so much it sounds worse. It went from an uplifting song, classic U2 style... to a dance mix. Just play a song from POP or mess with Vertigo.

The idea isn't horrible, but the song choice was. Can you imagine them doing that to With or Without You or One?
I'm not sure WOWY or One could possibly sound worse than they already do nowadays, so bring it on.

Redheads of the world, unite!

So a few questions:

And do you think the band really just coasted along and didn't feel like being there?

Was anyone pulled up besides the people with the damn masks on??

A little girl was pulled up, but I don't know when.

Okay, so I've thought about this more. In all honesty, I think trying to screw with one of their tracks like this is cool, but would I prefer the madly mixed/mastered, slightly cheesy, and beautifully uplifting Crazy Tonight of NLOTH and its promo tour or the Krazy Tonite with the cool rhythm but a Bono who can't stay on a time signature for more than three seconds and an Edge who stays essentially silent the majority of the time? The former, by a lot. I just hope they improve this version.

Love it at about the 4min mark, when Larry gets back to the kit and kicks it up a notch. And how it kicks into SBS.

Honestly, if you don’t like this, you’re living a sad life.

The reworked version of Crazy Tonight sounds great. It's very different and not a "safe" choice which is good. This new version takes advantage of all the stage has to offer from The Claw to the video screen. I'm looking forward to this song when they come to the U.S. I think U2 is at their best when they rework song arrangements for their live shows. Examples would be Mysterious Ways and Desire on the Zoo TV Tour and The Fly on the Elevation Tour.

I like this version b/c it's diverse and b/c it gives parts of Bono's voice a break. Also that leads to the fact that they should be playing SUC b/c that is Bono at his best!

Been listening to the bootleg and this remixed version is starting to grow on me. Interesting how Bono says "Eveything's Gone Green" at the end when SBS begins. It does remind me of the New Order song. But for all I know he's referring to the green lights going off on the claw. Or both. :hmm:

U2 is NOT a dance band.

This WAS my favorite song on the album. They really destroyed.

I hope it gets back to its form before it comes stateside. Don't see this version going over to well this side of the Atlantic.

Initially I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it's really growing on me after hearing a proper bootleg. I bet it's pretty awesome to experience live. We'll see what happens to it.

People in the crowd must have liked it. The youtube video shot from way up in the stadium - the one with the muddy sound - was the #1 Top Favorited (overall) as well as the #1 Top Rated (music) in Spain yesterday.

I have never used this smilie before ever...

:pray: please let the Crazy Dance Remix make it to one of my shows in the US.

I liked this right off but every time I hear it again I love it even more. I want to experience it! When Bono sings It's not a hill it's a mountain in this it's just :drool:

And I HATED the remix when I first heard the studio version! :lol: Wow U2 just totally turned this one around for me live. :up:

And also, this song didn't kick enough ass THE WAY IT WAS on Letterman?

You really belive a song like that would work in a stadium of 90,000 people? because i dont, the album version is a little to thin and poppy for a stadium IMO, it was great for small venues like letterman and the boston gig,

Initially I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it's really growing on me after hearing a proper bootleg. I bet it's pretty awesome to experience live. We'll see what happens to it.

Agree, listened to it from Toni's recording while watching the youtube clip. It blew my sock off. It seems to be the song that gets the most juice out of the stage.

Back
Top Bottom