The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your wrong because he said your wrong, your supposed to like what he likes remember.

What's the problem with you? I just pointed out that not because a song it's innovative or inventive it is necessarily a good song :| I am entitled to an opinion, just like you

Oddly, this is the sound of the band jamming. I mean, it's pretty free-form, just the guys playing against a drum loop, stretching it out here and there. They could play with that for hours - you know, if they wanted. I think it will probably come together pretty well by the time they get acclimated - it's like a lot from this show, a little rough around the edges.

Favorite song on album. Worst live version of any song I've heard from U2.

Usually they turn a great song on an album into an amazing song LIVE. They always improve them, add little verses, change it up. Improve it.

This is the first time I think they went backwards.

If they are going to do this -- at least it should be an old song we've heard for 20 years and spice it up. Why do this to the most pop song on the record?

Was it in the best interest of the song or just the best interest of the show?

I bet they play it normal by the time they get to the US.

I think this is a version that would be better at the show, but i do really like it even just audio wise, i think its something europeans will like a little more.

Favorite song on album. Worst live version of any song I've heard from U2.

Usually they turn a great song on an album into an amazing song LIVE. They always improve them, add little verses, change it up. Improve it.

This is the first time I think they went backwards.

If they are going to do this -- at least it should be an old song we've heard for 20 years and spice it up. Why do this to the most pop song on the record?

Was it in the best interest of the song or just the best interest of the show?

I bet they play it normal by the time they get to the US.

I was at the stadium mate and it was fantastic! one of the highlights brilliant lighting show to go with it! Even read a newspaper report from Irish Times i think who also said it was the highlight of the night!

I was at the stadium mate and it was fantastic! one of the highlights brilliant lighting show to go with it! Even read a newspaper report from Irish Times i think who also said it was the highlight of the night!

its because of the lights, and the staging not the song.

they could easily do the same thing with discotheque or mofo and then you would have a great song and the great staging / lights.

its because of the lights, and the staging not the song.

they could easily do the same thing with discotheque or mofo and then you would have a great song and the great staging / lights.

where u there?

On another issue i really think they are gonna keep the remix song but change it from night to night they have also reheresed EBTTRT perfecto mix so maybe you will get IGCIYDGCT in its album form on some nights

well i watched both videos and the second video was much better, honestly they will get this better as the tour goes on. I like the album version of this song...but im really looking forward to hearing this version because is pretty fucking cool!

Bravo for effort :up:

chaotically awful on purpose. :hmm: maybe i'm just missing the irony or something.

I think you’re probably missing what it might be like to be in the audience for it. I have no idea why you’d think there’s intended irony there. I think it’s meant to be… fun. U2! Fun! How ridiculous! How dare they do anything other than heart-on-sleeve straight arena rock! I don’t pay $150 to have a bit of a dance for a few minutes somewhere in the middle of 20 fairly straight up rock songs!

Yeah, it's definitely messy, but if they trade this version of Crazy out, I certainly hope they trade in something that keeps that dancy fun spirit in there. Be it a very jumped up Discotheque or some other similar re-working of another song. I think it's great that they've got this 5 minute party breakdown in there. Listen to the audience - and notice that while the camera doesn't pick it up in the light, the guy spends a bit of time panning around the crowd, specificaly the upper, upper levels of the stadium. Could it be... because.... people were really enjoying it? Maybe even a lot?

I think you’re probably missing what it might be like to be in the audience for it. I have no idea why you’d think there’s intended irony there. I think it’s meant to be… fun. U2! Fun! How ridiculous! How dare they do anything other than heart-on-sleeve straight arena rock! I don’t pay $150 to have a bit of a dance for a few minutes somewhere in the middle of 20 fairly straight up rock songs!

Yeah, it's definitely messy, but if they trade this version of Crazy out, I certainly hope they trade in something that keeps that dancy fun spirit in there. Be it a very jumped up Discotheque or some other similar re-working of another song. I think it's great that they've got this 5 minute party breakdown in there. Listen to the audience - and notice that while the camera doesn't pick it up in the light, the guy spends a bit of time panning around the crowd, specificaly the upper, upper levels of the stadium. Could it be... because.... people were really enjoying it? Maybe even a lot?

I was there and it really was great! yeah it was different & unexpected but maybe thats why it worked!

this was the best thing yesterday....in the middle of my worst U2 gig 8I went only to 5 before) this was the best bit..fun, dancable, put smiles on people faces etc...

great thing, and I think that this should be a concert opener...really! Breath just falls flat, and NLOTH sounded empty...but maybe because we couldn't hear the guitar on it at all...

Andy, were the crowd into the performance?

In some of the videos I thought they looked a bit quiet for a Spanish crowd.

I thought it was great- U2 rediscovering rhythm after 12 years. If the MOR kids don't like it, tough.

the irony comment what a joke. there is no irony here, the songs sucks big time.

my point is i don't mind a dancy, fun song- but play a song. this sounded like they threw it together 5 mins before doing it, it was a jumbled mess. it sounded horrible. i don't mind if they do a new version of a song, if they can play it. what is worse is there are so many old songs that desperately need a make over and they do it to one of the new songs.

i would love if they played mofo or discotheque and play it well. i have said over and over, i love pop. i'm not a some old fan that pines for jt and before and thinks it should only be earnest u2. discotheque and mofo were great live, but they sounded like an actual song and they knew what they were doing- this did not. i would love to see do you feel loved live, make it a little more uptempo and put in crazy's place. they have lots of songs that were suited to to be a party type song in the middle, that they could have pulled off very well. crazy tonight is not one of them, and it showed big time.

So they took the catchiest song on the album and turned it into an unlistenable dance track... live? Really?

Can I get a what the fuck?

Absolutely criminal hatchet job. Took all the lilt and soul out of it. Please go back to the original. It'd been sounding amazing on the TV appearances.

I LOVE IT

the song was nice before, but a little predictable and a little mundane - now it's a MONSTER!

Bring it on!

If they do that to Even Better Than The Real Thing -- that might be cool as it's an old song that has been played live the normal way.

And I'm sure being there makes it 50% better because you are in the moment and the pretty lights... but that's my problem.

I hate it when I see live bands and they do horrible things, but it's "cool and hip" because it's different. When they don't sing the words, ask the crowd to "give it up", anything of that shit. I used to love the DMB and still like their music, but got sick of their concerts when they only played 10 songs in 2 hours because they jammed so much. When I was 16, it was very cool. But at 31, I want to hear 22 songs and keep them short. I don't need the 10 minute version of anything.

U2 is great live because

1) Love their songs/music
2.) Live versions are usually even better. Crazy Tonight on Letterman and Fordam sounded amazing.

But it's just the first show and loved that they played "UF, Little While, Angel of Harlem, UV"

So I'll be happy regardless. But I just wish they wouldn't pick the song I think sounds best live on the new album as the one they mess with so much it sounds worse. It went from an uplifting song, classic U2 style... to a dance mix. Just play a song from POP or mess with Vertigo.

The idea isn't horrible, but the song choice was. Can you imagine them doing that to With or Without You or One?

Back
Top Bottom