the preshow setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Last tour we had a list of the songs played on the PA before U2 hits the stage. Frankly I havent dug the new leg pre show dj list as much..but there are a couple songs I really like..can someone run them down? Thx

I know there's a bunch of songs by the Broken Bells that are played - the Ghost Inside and the High Road were both definitely played in Montreal.

I miss BP Fallon doing his DJ set form the ZOO TV days!! Nothing beats hearing "house of pain's 'Jump Around!" being played from a Trabant by the ex manager of Led Zeppelin!!!

I know they practically played all of Arcade Fire's latest album, The Suburbs, at Nashville, along with a lot of tunes off of "Brothers" by the Black Keys. Great, great stuff all around.

I heard at least two, maybe three, songs off of the Strokes' newest album Angles, over the PA at the Chicago gig a couple weeks ago. The song off of that album that I remember hearing most specifically is called "Life Is Simple In The Moonlight." It's probably my favorite track on the album. Was happy to hear it.

Other than that, yeah, I also remember hearing at least a few tracks off of The Suburbs.

Can't think of much else, sadly.

Anaheim 1 & 2 had the same songs

-Heard some TV On The Radio
-Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Nothing else really stood out.. :hmm:

I didn't recognize anything except for MGMT - Time to Pretend is still in, and there's a song by Gaving Friday quite close to showtime.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing "A Forest" by The Cure at the Toronto show.

Keep the Lights On - Wave Machines is the song they play right after the opening act leaves the stage. I enjoy that one.

They played Discoverer by REM at Salt Lake City show I remember.

At that show they were also giving a lot of love to Radiohead's The King of Limbs and also played The Rolling Stones' Satisfaction, Start Me Up, and Brown Sugar. Heard some Arcade Fire there too.

All I know for sure is that they play some great stuff in between the acts.

Back
Top Bottom