The Official Post-Achtung Nineties Material On The 360 Tour(PAN-360) HOPE Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Welcome to the PAN-360 HOPE Thread. This is a thread for those of us who badly want U2 to insert some of their post-Achtung nineties output into their setlist this tour to voice our hope for it to happen. I've decided to be positive with this thread. Instead of complaining or bitching about the lack of these songs in the setlist, I hope that they will play any/all of these songs at some point in the tour. Do you hope this material sees the light of day again? Say so here!

In the order of how badly I want to hear them:

6178YHE0Q6L.jpg

U2_Mofo.png

69645;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

v83jed35j8z8vr5qn30f.jpg

DIRTY DAY

last-night-on-earth-us-cd2.jpg

album-if-god-will-send-his-angels.jpg

0000000120_350.jpg

600.jpg

Good topic...I love POP and ZOOROPA is my single favorite U2 album. The latter, of course, is hard to translate live as it is heavily keyboard dominated. Additionally, my favorite song is Lemon, but the falsetto was a strain for 1993 Bono, so I'd imagine 2009 Bono would be singing a full octive lower. Hence, Lemon is not as high on my list as you'd think. Ranked by order in which they *should* see the light of day in a live environment:

1. Hold Me Thrill Me...a legitimate hit in its own right, would absolutely dominate with the current stage setup. Gone two full tours, definitely due to return.

2. Last Night on Earth...simply the best of many great Popmart highlights. A totally different song live.

3. Discotheque...was fortunate enough to catch its very brief token appearance on the Vertigo tour. Like most POP songs, translates well live and I liked the "rock" version of the Vertigo tour, they should have stuck with it.

4. Mofo...exactly the heavy-hitting material that could give some more heft to the setlist

5. If God Will Send His Angels...rehearsed and never really explored fully on Popmart.

6. Dirty Day...the gem of the ZooTV Sydney show. A powerful rocker.

7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)...full band version w/Bono on acoustic, a la ZooTV. Never liked the Elevation version as much.

8. Staring At The Sun...great tune and legit 2nd single from POP.

9. Lemon...greatest song in their entire canon...but can they play it/sing it live?

10. The Wanderer...Cash tribute performance shows that U2 could pull this one off.

Just realized I did not include Please on the list, LOL. Shows you how much material there is to choose from. Please would slot in at #7 for me, move everything else down 1.

Like HawkFire I too would like to add just one more:huh:

Dirty Day !:applaud:

I will not complain but I would really love it if they would play about five good rock me to death songs :hug:

How does this not qualify as indirect bitching about the setlist? This is ridiculous, they're not 2-year olds... we're not going to "trick" them. I prefer the direct approach.

How does this not qualify as indirect bitching about the setlist? This is ridiculous, they're not 2-year olds... we're not going to "trick" them. I prefer the direct approach.

because it's not cool to be negative all the time. we're just hopeful.

i will say though that the new version of Crazy Tonight makes me hopeful that we'll hear some of these great 93-97 songs.

Unless you have a Bat Phone to Bono what is the "direct" approach:huh:

LOL Just kidding now ZooMac

I thought this thread was just for fun

Like Mikal said "we're just hopeful":up:

i will say though that the new version of Crazy Tonight makes me hopeful that we'll hear some of these great 93-97 songs.

I normally do not like Remixes maybe b/c it puts me in the mind of being 18 in some kind of dance club but I really really really like The Remix of Crazy Tonight from Barcelona 1 & 2:love:

1. Mofo
  2. Dirty Day
  3. Last Night On Earth
  4. HMTMKMKM
  5. Discotheque
  6. Zooropa
  7. Gone
  8. Lemon
  9. Please
  10. Stay
There were so many great songs produced in this period. Why can't they see it?

Back
Top Bottom