The Official "No Peeking" Support Group thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
this thread is for people who don't want the shows spoiled for them. this means.....

- no peaking at setlists
- no listening to bootlegs
- no finding out that "OMG THEY PLAYED LEMON!!!11"

......before you see your show.:wink:

the question i ask is if it's actually possible to avoid this information, or must i take a 2 1/2 month break between June 30th and the Chicago show?

I'm considering a break.

Before you all start laughing - no, really, I am. :p

see, i'd hate to leave for those 2 1/2 months, but i'm just afraid that finding out things will be unavoidable, even with the great job the mods have done with spoilers over the last two tours. somehow, i'll probably end up reading a thread and a post will say something like:

"and considering that they're playing 'Your Blue Room' really shows the direction this band is going artistically."

even though the above scenario is probably unlikely, reading something like this is very likely.

Ha! I'm in. I'm going to do my best.

But as a bootleg collector, I'm still going to download what becomes available when it's available. I'll just have to click the "download this torrent" button while covering my eyes so I don't see the setlist. ;)

I imagine I'll find out some of the songs they're playing, but if I can avoid actual setlists and avoid hearing live versions, I'll be happy.

Ha! I'm in. I'm going to do my best.

But as a bootleg collector, I'm still going to download what becomes available when it's available. I'll just have to click the "download this torrent" button while covering my eyes so I don't see the setlist. ;)

I imagine I'll find out some of the songs they're playing, but if I can avoid actual setlists and avoid hearing live versions, I'll be happy.

yeah, i'm a huge bootleg collector too. let's just say that after the Chicago show, U2start.com is going to get a big workout. :wink:

i'm worried though because i was so weak when it came to listening to the Beach and Walmart clips.

I managed to make it until the actual album release date having only heard GOYB and about 90 seconds of Magnificent, so I don't think I'll cave too easily. ;)

I wish I had the willpower to stay away from this site altogether like some other people I know. I am powerless against the Blue Crack.

I managed to make it until the actual album release date having only heard GOYB and about 90 seconds of Magnificent, so I don't think I'll cave too easily. ;)

I wish I had the willpower to stay away from this site altogether like some other people I know. I am powerless against the Blue Crack.

yeah, i think i'll still post here, but just be very careful about what subforums i visit.

If a thread were titled "OMG! They haven't played the same setlist twice yet!" by the end of July, then would you feel safe enough to join back in?

:lol::lol::lol:

'cause it could happen.

Mark

I won't listen to bootlegs, but I know I'll find myself wandering onto U2gigs.com to view the set lists.

If a thread were titled "OMG! They haven't played the same setlist twice yet!" by the end of July, then would you feel safe enough to join back in?

'cause it could happen.

Mark

lol, still "no". i want to be completely surprised this time around. i don't even want to know what song they are opening with or any songs they've dug out.

I've made my peace with any spoilers I catch. Even after insisting on being at the Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo Tour openers, there is no way I can go to Barcelona. I insisted because I wanted the FULL surprise.
So, I'll live with what comes.:shrug:

Mark---I'll be gone for most of July anyway, so I'll miss a lot.

I had the same idea to be honest. I told my wife I don't want to know anything!!
This time it is possible because they will start in Europe and Amsterdam is quite early in the tour .. sssssooo I have to hold on ... :D:lol:

Just think of how cool it's going to be to go to the concert with no idea what their opening song is, how the new songs will sound (although we've heard some of them on TV performances ... but they'll probably change a little), what chestnuts they'll pull out ...

And you can experience an eye-roll right there when they drag out whatever chestnut you're sick of, rather than seeing it online and rolling your eyes ahead of time!

:wink:

Just think of how cool it's going to be to go to the concert with no idea what their opening song is, how the new songs will sound (although we've heard some of them on TV performances ... but they'll probably change a little), what chestnuts they'll pull out ...

And you can experience an eye-roll right there when they drag out whatever chestnut you're sick of, rather than seeing it online and rolling your eyes ahead of time!

:wink:

that's what i keep telling myself. :wink:

I'm gonna try, but it will be extremely difficult.
I would love to walk into the venue and just have no idea what will be played.

I'm gonna try, but it will be extremely difficult.
I would love to walk into the venue and just have no idea what will be played.

exactly.

i closely followed the setlists for Vertigo, and in doing so, the shows became less enjoyable for me.

I tried to do this for the Vertigo tour. You try holding out for 7 and a half months before you see U2! :lol:

Good luck to anyone who does. :)

I was all psyched up for the Vertigo opener in San Diego, and then I read the stuff about the fan promo show/rehearsal in LA(?) just before it. Basically, everything was revealed, and it dulled a little of the "opener" thrill. This is why I'm not worried about spoilers. This tour is going to be so different than the last (whereas, at least in arenas, Vertigo was quite similar to Elevation) that no one will really get the experience until they are in the stadium.

I admire anyone who can pull this off, but I think it is going to require that you become a non-U2 fan for the whole summer--TOUGH, maybe impossible.

Mark

Well, we can still be U2 fans this summer ... just ones who are back in the 80s or early 90s with little internet contact. :wink:

Good luck to you all . . . no way I'll be able to avoid peeking . . . still no clue as to whether the tour will, at some point, encompass the antipodes and I love love love reading everybody's tour stories . . . and I figure if they do get down this way, it will be a vastly different show to the one you lucky lucky souls will experience this year as will more than likely encompass the Songs of Ascents release . . .think I may just not listen to anything as opposed to not reading anything.

Can't wait to read your tour stories :yes:

^^yeah i wanna read about everyone's tour experience too
Im gonna try my hardest to not know what songs are gonna be played
I want it to be a surprise at the show:D...seeing its my first U2 concert:cute:

yeah, i'm hoping i can still visit the forum and partake in discussion about the GA rules and all that good stuff without finding out the specifics of what songs they're playing.

yeah, i'm hoping i can still visit the forum and partake in discussion about the GA rules and all that good stuff without finding out the specifics of what songs they're playing.

Yeah Im still gonna come on here too. Hopefully all threads about the tour will still in the tour section so I can basically avoid that area.
Although I wouldn't mind cheating and finding out what the opening song is:wink:

Back
Top Bottom