The Official "No Peeking" Support Group thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh I dont think that's going to work honestly. Plus way too much trouble to moderate. I think if you dont want to read any setlist spoilers, you should just stay clear of this forum. Or just bookmark this thread or something as to avoid coming into this forum. I dont see any reason why anyone not wanting to know the setlists, would come in here.

Well you dont have to go cold turkey, just dont come into the tour section :wink:

I had 8 months of waiting for Vertigo to come to Montreal, so this time, for Toronto, I'm REALLY going to try to avoid all talk of setlists and especially video and photos of the staging, e.t.c.

:up:

fuck it. the thread starter is already bowing out. there's no way i'm going to resist listening to bootlegs before the Chicago show. i love bootlegs too much.

sorry all.

Back in the olden days, before the internets, we managed. I remember walking into the stadium for Zoo TV (Saratoga, NY), and being uttlerly thrilled/baffeled. The opening noise of Zoo Station left me speechless, and the lit-up stage forever changed for me what it meant to be at a rock concert. Surprise rocks. :rockon:

I would, however, like to know the last song played on the the PA before the band takes (lands on?) the stage. As that tiny bit of information is not really thread-worthy, I wonder if any good soul would be willing to share that morsel with me before the Raleigh show? :hmm:

I figure that I'll be super thrilled to be there, whether or not I know the set list. It's going to be killer, either way. :cute:

I'm a rabid bootleg collector, too.

I'm planning on downloading the shows but not listening to them, and try to avoid reading the setlist when I go for the download/torrent link.

How many shows are there on the European leg? Not as many as on the arena legs of Vertigo, right? That'll make it easier. ;)

I hope to only get information about cameras, ga procedures etc...

I think looking at the setlists before the show--knowing what's gonna happen--really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the concert.

I looked at zero setlists on the Elevation Tour and was completely blown away...I had no expectations and every song seemed like a suprise...like "OH. MY. GOD! THEY'RE PLAYING "THE FLY!!!!!!!"

On the Vertigo Tour, however, I looked at all the setlists before the 2 shows I went to...I was at both the shows filmed in Chicago...the main show that was filmed (5-10-05), I was in the front freaking row right in front of The Edge...but there was nowhere near the excitement that I felt in '01 because I knew pretty much everything that was being played, about Bono playing the drum...COBL opening the show with the confetti...the only surprises were that awesome piano version of OOTS and Party Girl.... Had I not known that they were playing "Electric Co," "An Cat Duhb," "Zoo Station," RTSS...I probably would've shat myself with excitement...but in the end a knowing all of these things before the show took a lot of the thrill away.

K I'm officially out of the "no peeking" support group...sorry guys I just have to peek at the setlist when it comes out:cute:

lol, yeah, i'm still 50/50. my big problem is that i just love bootlegs too much to wait almost 3 months for the opening gig.

i'm thinking about looking at the first setlist, downloading the bootleg for opening night, and then not looking at any other setlist between then and Chicago, and there's no way that opening night and Chicago will have the same setlist, so at least i'll still be surprised in some shape or form.

lol, yeah, i'm still 50/50. my big problem is that i just love bootlegs too much to wait almost 3 months for the opening gig.

i'm thinking about looking at the first setlist, downloading the bootleg for opening night, and then not looking at any other setlist between then and Chicago, and there's no way that opening night and Chicago will have the same setlist, so at least i'll still be surprised in some shape or form.

Yeah I just wanna know what songs are played the opening show. I was gonna wait and be totally surprised but I'm not gonna be able to wait until September. I wanna see some pics and videos too from the first show just to hold me over til my show:D

I'll be looking at every setlist. For me, it's about avoiding disappointment. There certain songs I want played and albums I want represented...I want them to play "Exit" and "Ultraviolet(Light My Way)" and "Love Is Blindness" and "Discotheque" and "Please" and "Mofo" and "Last Night On Earth" and "Lemon" and "Dirty Day" and "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me" and "The Unforgettable Fire", among others, badly. If they don't, I want to know it from the beginning so that I can make my peace with it before I go to the show, so that I can fully appreciate the show without feeling any disappointment.

I'm going to try and avoid stuff from here on out.

We'll see how well that goes. I'm not holding my breath that I'll remain completely unspoiled between now and September.

Back
Top Bottom