stopped singing Sexy Boots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
in the recent Q Artist of the Century interview, Bono mentains they stopped singing "sexy boots" during the 360 tour's Boots perfomances.

Anyone know what show of the Amercian leg saw its end? It was not sung at the Rose Bowl, however i seem to recall it in Toronto.

It wasn't since the American leg at all. It was uh, at the Grammy performance in early 2009?

Gotta say I prefer it this way. Boots live rocks way harder than studio.

It was sexy boots on the promo tour. They dropped the line starting in Barcelona.

I regret a little that they dropped this line, for me the absence of it takes something away from the song. No "sexy boots" makes the lyrics more ordinary and less tongue in cheek IMO.
It's like in one point they got afraid of this line and went "OMG the word sexy is too DARING, we must drop it!"

sinatranancy_boots.jpg

Only Nancy Sinatra should be singing about boots. But that's just me.

I think I forgot my magazine on the subway when I rode it pantless the other day. I can't seem to find it. :(

Anyway, I think the text said something like, the reason they took it out was because they thought the term "sexy boots" took away from the meaning of the song, perhaps cheapened it a little. I got the impression that they think the reason the single didn't do too well was because of that particular term being misleading.

I regret a little that they dropped this line, for me the absence of it takes something away from the song. No "sexy boots" makes the lyrics more ordinary and less tongue in cheek IMO.
It's like in one point they got afraid of this line and went "OMG the word sexy is too DARING, we must drop it!"

I think I forgot my magazine on the subway when I rode it pantless the other day. I can't seem to find it. :(

Anyway, I think the text said something like, the reason they took it out was because they thought the term "sexy boots" took away from the meaning of the song, perhaps cheapened it a little. I got the impression that they think the reason the single didn't do too well was because of that particular term being misleading.

This is basically how I feel... I wish they had kept it misleading. But in the end, whatever. It's a minor thing to complain about.

I guess some things look (justifiably so) a lot more ridiculous in retrospect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom