State your case for (song) thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon - Bono could actually pull it off now. imagine this right after Ultraviolet. :drool:

The Fly - it's my favorite U2 song ever.

Discotheque - i think it would work so well with the stage.

EBTTRT - see Discotheque

Zooropa - the song never got a proper live performance. the Wembley version is ok, but i'd love to see the band really nail this song.

Oh my god:drool: You should play in U2 :drool:

The Fly it's my favourite u2 song ever, too!

Realistically:

Even Better Than The Real Thing: not played since 2001 and is fun and pretty easy for Bono to sing I would imagine. That guitar will get the crowd going.

Gone: the most played track from Pop and hence one of their favourites. Has the darkness and raw quality that we need in a show.

All I Want is You: rotate with WOWY in the encore for a change.

Kite: Vertigo versions were stunning.

The Fly: I know it is well played but it is a great live song and I'd like to see another reworking a-la Elevation Tour.

Unrealistically...

Love is Blindness: their best closer and would tie so well with the darkness of Moment of Surrender

Dirty Day: so wonderfully dark and angry I'd like to see this somewhere

New York: love this track (I'm in a minority) and think the post 9/11 performances were fantastic

Random other songs: The Electric Co., Seconds, 4th of July, Exit, God Part II, Mofo, Staring At The Sun, Do You Feel Loved, Fast Cars, Cedars of Lebanon

Oh my god:drool: You should play in U2 :drool:

The Fly it's my favourite u2 song ever, too!

my top 10:

1. The Fly
  2. Bad
  3. WTSHHN
  4. Zooropa
  5. Lemon
  6. Discotheque
  7. Running To Stand Still
  8. UTEOTW
  9. Unknown Caller
  10. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

and no, i did not sign that stupid 90's petition, even though i am a major 90's U2 fanboy. :D

Please -- It would be the emotional peak of the show and because it is utter brilliance rarely does anything ever get better than that.

New York -- Underrated track that really comes to life when performed live, New Yoooorrrkkk ... :rockon:

Seconds -- The ultimate war anthem. :drool: 'It takes a second to say goodbye ...' Also because I want to hear Edge sing.

Please -- It would be the emotional peak of the show and because it is utter brilliance rarely does anything ever get better than that.

New York -- Underrated track that really comes to life when performed live, New Yoooorrrkkk ... :rockon:

Seconds -- The ultimate war anthem. :drool: 'It takes a second to say goodbye ...' Also because I want to hear Edge sing.

Abso-fuckin-lutley!:applaud::applaud:

I wouldn't be surprised if they play Miss Sarajevo in Croatia, for obvious reasons.

Please on the 360 stage would do well... here's my idea:

Guantoflope (aka The Claw) is dark... to create the effect of missiles being fired, the lights on a Guantoflopeleg are lit sequentially and rapidly (bottom to top), go straight over the Guantoflopecap, and down the opposite Guantoflopeleg.

Dirty Day
HMTMKMKM
God Part II
Gone
The Fly(Elevation style)

I have no good arguement or case other than that I fucking love these songs live.

Discotheque, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Gone, Please - because U2 needs to introduce the greatness of POP to the audience, and all of these songs are amazing live, some of U2's best. I would take IGWSHA but honestly I think they should play something more upbeat or rockin'.

Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, Dirty Day - because U2 needs to introduce the greatness of Zooropa to the audience (playing Stay is a step in the right direction)

Do You Feel Loved, Zooropa - songs from the above albums that never really got their proper live treatment. if they could really nail them live I think it'd be epic because they're two of my favourites, in my top 20.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Even Better Than The Real Thing - haven't been played live lately and are great, both are singles so it's not too far-fetched

The Fly - The Claw demands more 90's rawk. One of U2's best songs so why not?

Exit - intense.

11 'O Clock Tick Tock - The set is currently lacking in anything pre-War, and this is one of their best early songs, and it hasn't been played in awhile

Drowning Man - Just play it already! beautiful song. and War is an album that a lot of the audience probably has, so its not THAT obscure.

Mercy - so sue me, I think it's one of their best songs. For me it's very quintessential U2. but it'd probably be a stadium killer unless it was released properly on SOA.

Acrobat - never gonna happen. but it's awesome.

Stand Up Comedy - not the best song on the album, but one of Edge's best riffs! would really rock a stadium I think

Fez - Being Born - should open the show!

wouldn't mind seeing WAS or Cedars acoustically either, I'd take those over, say, Desire or Stuck, easily.

yeah I have a lot of requests ... only because U2 have too many good songs! :D

Mofo needs to follow the Crazy Tonight Remix

extended drum intro, vegas style

because.

Finally debut Stand Up Comedy, which I think could be a killer song in the live arrangement. Rotate it regularly with Mysterious Ways. Also, please, for the love of all things holy, play Fez-Being Born, have it open every encore, and let it lead into UV. That's all I'd like to see. I am pretty happy with what they've done so far, though.

:up:

I honestly think this stage is crying out for Exit.

The light show when it goes batshit after the build up would be epic.

I think they are trying to stay away from straight up rockers (SBS being the exception) with dropping BTBS, and for the most part songs like NYD and UTEOTW. The stage is a bit spacey, and they have been going atmospheric, (and for the more spacey rockers like UV, Crazy Tonight remix).

With that in mind, why haven't we heard anything from Pop yet? They rehearsed IGWSHA, that would be perfect the the mid-set acoust-a-thon. Gone, DYFL?, Please, MoFo, Disco, all these songs suit the stage and the theme they are going for down to the ground

I would just love to hear In God's Country, Exit, Hawkmoon, and God Part II. I would die, but I would die happy :D

And ANYTHING pre-War. I love every single song from that period ridiculously a lot :lol: And the fact that the set has been lacking a single pre-War song is the only downside to it for me. But if I had to pick a few...Tomorrow, 11 O Clock Tick Tock, Out of Control, An Cat Dubh, Another Time Another Place, With a Shout...sigh, I'll stop now.

With that in mind, why haven't we heard anything from Pop yet?

because they hait pop :sad:

I reeeeally hope they add something from Pop at some point, but I'm not counting on it.

Pop just isn't a well-known album unfortunately ... which is why I think they need to introduce it to the audience :D

I just wish Bono would stop apologising all the time for Pop- doesn't he realise that some of us love it?

Back
Top Bottom