[Spoiler] has been played live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they are quite happy with Mercy yet. I was speaking to Dallas about it the night before the Brussels 1 gig, asking if it was going to get played. He was shocked that I liked it. "He said you like that....!" But to be honest I was not sure (none of us were) if he actually left shit off the end :huh: :hmm:

Apparently (and I am hopeless with names) it was sent to one person to work on, then it went to whoever does Lady Gaga's stuff, but they still don't feel it is right. So I said that's cos they just needed to "tweak" the original version :lol: Oh it's a new song he said :ohmy: Yeh right :lol:

that's kind of what's so lame about the new version...they took the demo and dumbed it down with predictable and obvious song structure...it's like they sat down and said "hmmm...how can we turn this into a hit single?" and then proceeded to fuck up the demo....I mean I like the new version just cause I love this song so much, but they still fucked it up.

Absolutely. Terrible destruction of a good song. Its got that feel about it. They are trying soooooo hard to find that singalonga chorus and in the process have fuc#ing ruined it!

I figured out a little something while riding to sports tonight. A sort of compromise between the old and new versions of Mercy, since a LOT of us miss the "rippin the stitches" part.

Listen to the song, and then when Bono begins the chorus, the "You wanna kill me and I wanna die" part, sing the "ripping the stitches" part over it. It's the same musical part, and it fits right over it!

Now, what if EDGE were to sing that part, while Bono does his new part? We get our part, Bono gets his, everyone happy?

I listened to this song today, while I was walking around in the rain. I actually think this song might be my favorite of the new songs they played live. It gave me the chills when I listened to it and, to me, that is a sign of a great song. Cause only a few U2 songs give me chills like that--Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, and All I Want Is You.

I think Mercy will become another 'epic' U2 song :drool:

Back
Top Bottom