Songs that are being played on the current tour that you're f**king sick of and WHY:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with everyone in saying that I'm sick of IALW. They're beating the whole 'spaceship' theme to death. Just an excuse for Bono to pull up girls from audience- since he's already exhausted that shtick with other songs.

Elevation also needs to go. No sense in having it in the setlist if you already have two other rockin' anthems (GOYB and Vertigo) as staples.

Maybe I'm weird but there can never be "too many" rockers in a live concert. Hell I'd love to just shove every up-tempo song, hard rock song, jumpy song, they have ever made in one show.

Vertigo, GOYB, Elevation, The Fly, GODp2, UTEOTW, Disco, Mofo, Electric Co, IWF, WTSHNN, ABOY, Rejoice, HMTM, Wire, etc. :drool:

^^

I'd take that.

So long as the final encore is Stay into Bad into Love is Blindness/Can't Help Falling In Love

Mysterious Ways- Worked well in previous tours, but not this one (absence of slide solo maybe?)
Elevation- While I like the song, there are sooooo many other rockers they should be playing
In A Little While- Boring, I would never have though this would come back when the European tour started.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- I like the song, but this is the kind of song that should be rotated with something else and not played at every show
Sunday Bloody Sunday- Hasn't been really good live since Slane Castle
Walk On- Ugh, Aung San Suu Kyi is free now, time to drop this song

apart from the fact 99.9% of the crowd love it :shrug:
for me it's just that there's three similar songs being played every night. sure the crowd loves it, but i'd be willing to bet most will jump up and down and dance to pretty much any rocking number they play.

though honestly as much as i hate elevation and sit down in protest (yeah i'm lame) when i hear it, i'd rather them play that instead of slow crap like ialw.

Same reason why they play Elevation instead of The Fly or Even Better than the Real Thing.

That's the worst answer I've ever received here on Interference...first of all I'm talking about In a Little While, you know, that boring little ditty of a song. As much as I despise Elevation and would like nothing more than to never here it or see it on a setlist I understand why the band might want it as a setlist staple...apparently people actually like it and it's upbeat and gets the stadium crowd going...o.k., I'll give them that. As for In a Little While, sorry, just boring...especially for a stadium!!!

That's the worst answer I've ever received here on Interference...first of all I'm talking about In a Little While, you know, that boring little ditty of a song. As much as I despise Elevation and would like nothing more than to never here it or see it on a setlist I understand why the band might want it as a setlist staple...apparently people actually like it and it's upbeat and gets the stadium crowd going...o.k., I'll give them that. As for In a Little While, sorry, just boring...especially for a stadium!!!

I do not get In A Little While being staple either. It had its day, and actually I enjoyed it when it was done on Elevation. It "fit" in those setlists and arena shows. It should have been left on that tour though.

Well good. I'm proud that it was one of the worst answers you've gotten here. Unfortunetly you took it the wrong way. I'm in complete agreement with you. I understand why they're playing Elevation every night. And yes I realize you were talking about IALW. Yes it is boring and yes it needs to be jettisoned into space.

I agree except for the Washington 1992 version which beats the 360 versions.

Na, I have to disagree with that one. I think after the Denver 1987 performance, they decided to suck up all the power in the performance (I wasn't that big of a fan of Edge's rendition the following tour either). It's obvious from this concert they were playing it safe with this performance (Notice the absence of the "No more" chant). Elevation Tour was a return to those powerful renditions. Vertigo Tour's rendition was ok at best. Not a bad performance, but pales in comparision to Elevation. 360's is the same as Zoo TV, just playing the motions with the song without much power.

Na, I have to disagree with that one. I think after the Denver 1987 performance, they decided to suck up all the power in the performance (I wasn't that big of a fan of Edge's rendition the following tour either). It's obvious from this concert they were playing it safe with this performance (Notice the absence of the "No more" chant). Elevation Tour was a return to those powerful renditions. Vertigo Tour's rendition was ok at best. Not a bad performance, but pales in comparision to Elevation. 360's is the same as Zoo TV, just playing the motions with the song without much power.

I disagree entirely, sorry.

The "No More" chant was good but I don't think it's necessary for a great performance of the song. After War, UF and JT tours featuring the chant, they can be forgiven for changing up the middle part of the song, I think!

Though Edge solo Popmart renditions were of course entirely different, I thought they were the definition of simple yet powerful. And since it came back specifically for Sarajevo and was not played every single night, it was a very passionate rendition.

Elevation I thought was terrible. They played it embarrassingly slow and Bono barely sung it at all. The Slane version was very powerful because of the memorial they did for Omagh, but it was no faster or better sung. Just made up for in passion, just like performances of Bad on Elevation.

Vertigo was a step up, played a little closer to the original and Bono sang it better than Elevation. Your "no more" chant was back, though the middle part kind of dragged along too much for my liking with whatever was on Bono's mind that night.

360 I think has been consistently great. Larry is pounding the drums like he did back in the 80s and the band is playing this song like they mean it. Bono seems reinvigorated again, and I think tying the song to Iran has made it more powerful. Unlike Vertigo, Bono is singing powerfully and keeping up with the band. Just listen to how he does the "how long must we sing this song" line now compared to Elevation and Vertigo.

I'll trade the long speech and "no mores" from Vertigo for a ripping, faithful to the original Edge solo in the middle any day. I don't even mind the outro they're using this tour. I'd like to hear Bono sing the last verse every so often, but I've heard it enough times.

I think Sunday Bloody Sunday on this tour is only topped by War and Joshua Tree tour versions.

They should play SBS every 5th show, at most. Make it special. It's been over done and there is no way they can enjoy playing it now. It's as regular and meaningless as a morning plop.

They should play SBS every 5th show, at most. Make it special. It's been over done and there is no way they can enjoy playing it now. It's as regular and meaningless as a morning plop.

You ever been to a 360 show? You been there when the Claw turns green :)drool:) and Edge belts out that famous riff? You been there when Larry pounds the drums as hard as he can, trying to summon the powers they all get from being under the Claw every night?

People go crazy. It's an amazing sequence. COBL>VERTIGO>CRAZY TONIGHT>SBS

That's one of the best sequences of the entire show. It gets people pumped and excited. Sunday Bloody Sunday is one of their best songs. People know it.

They're going to keep playing it, because it is not over done, I can't believe that they would ever get sick of playing it, and it is definitely not meaningless...in fact, I would venture to say that it has more meaning nowadays.

Am I going to be pelted for saying I'd prefer a more orthodox version of Crazy, more often?

I actually love that song, despite what some might say about it.

Back
Top Bottom