Something that is really starting to confuse me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I read on this forum all the time how they should drop pride, and bring Breathe back as an opener (when it was dropped), but yet i come to read some reviews from some other sites, and i see "Dissapointed they dropped Pride", "They should drop Breathe"), etc etc, i just think it goes to show that the band cannot win, no matter what they do someone somewhere is always dissapointed.

I think you'll find it's called plurality and thank goodness we have it, even if it creates disagreement.

Well, that's the thing when you've got a band that's been on top of the world for 20 years or so and has a gajillion fans - you're just never going to please everybody.

Well, that's the thing when you've got a band that's been on top of the world for 20 years or so and has a gajillion fans - you're just never going to please everybody.

Hell, it happens with cult bands with small fan bases too.

I read on this forum all the time how they should drop pride, and bring Breathe back as an opener (when it was dropped), but yet i come to read some reviews from some other sites, and i see "Dissapointed they dropped Pride", "They should drop Breathe"), etc etc, i just think it goes to show that the band cannot win, no matter what they do someone somewhere is always dissapointed.

How is that confusing? Someone somewhere has a different opinion...

Furthermore, it doesn't mean change is useless. If 30% of the fanbase is content at present, there's obviously room for improvement... this despite the fact that, post-changes, ZooMac202222 creates a thread saying he dislikes said changes.

It's just starting to confuse you? :lol:

I'm getting used to it, it's normal. I think it's quite entertaining.

There is just no need to make countless new threads for every little thing that someone here might like or not like about a certain show.

Much as I like them to mix things up I'm still delighted to hear Pride when I'm at a gig. It's great to see the casual fans going nuts for it, it makes for a much better atmosphere.

I'm actually gonna be pretty pissed if I don't hear Pride at Vegas or Rose Bowl....I was glad they dropped it at first, but I never wanted Pride dropped permanently....the best thing for Pride, and for that matter, any of these classics, is rotation...simple as that! :)

You're confused because you're speaking to generalities here. A more accurate assessment would be to look at the users who commented that they want Pride to be dropped, and see if any of them were disappointed when it was, and same for Breathe.

It's absurd to assume that the whole fan base has one solid opinion. We're as diverse as the bacteria in your mouth.

Can we make that the official tagline for this site?

Interference: As diverse as the bacteria in your mouth!

I don't give a shit what they play. The last 2 nights made me appreciate every moment I get to hear those guys rock out! :drool::drool::drool:

I'm resigned to the reality that I'll never go to a show where ALL of my favorite songs will be played...I could care less actually- I'm just damn glad that they're coming to PHX, which is only two hours away from me...I feel for those who have to travel across states or international borders to see the band, and even more for those who don't have the means to see them at all- they can't even complain about what songs were or were not played at "their shows"

"While the bacteria in my mouth play a striptease..." :lol:

Back
Top Bottom