So'll long Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will just say I was upper deck side stage at every 360 show I went to and I saw most of the crowd sit down when Miss Sarajevo was played, go get beer, start texting, etc.... I also saw the same thing with Your Blue Room when I saw it done from the same type of location. Maybe it is different in different parts of the stadium. But where I was at, that is what happened. I'm not making this up to upset people, it is what I saw. If everyone was into it, excited, etc.. I would be saying, I think its a mediocre song but the crowd really gets into it and Bono loves it so I see why they are playing it. That has not been my experience on this tour or on Vertigo.

So about Miss Sarajevo, this goes to show that Bono's vote can beat 60,000 + 3 other people! :lol:

In multiple interviews, Bono has said Miss Sarajevo is his favorite song. He loves to sing it, no doubt.

By 60,000 people, I mean the casual local fans (those who go get beers during the song). I guess the rest of the band are neutral to playing Sarajevo (even Larry).

I know for sure the people in the pit between Bono and Edge love it, because it's part of the 'stage blocking' to ensure even distribution of Bono for the GA crowd:D

I love it when people assume that Bono makes these executive type decisions to play songs that the rest of the band hate/dont want to play or at minimum are neutral about.

Glad I made you happy then :D

I'm fairly certain of this MS theory of mine (and it's only a theory). When it comes to musical decisions, insn't it only between the 4 band members? Since it's setlist, Willie W. would have a say too, I suppose. I think (because I was not on the first 360 leg) that if it boiled down purely to crowd response, MS would have been dropped faster than NLOTH, Breathe, or even Unknown Caller.

B has also been documented in playing a big role in conceiving the stage set-up (the preliminary design, at least :lol:). The guy's just so involved in every aspect of the tour

I remember reading a piece from long ago about how Adam disliked playing SBS, but who do you think wanted it as part of the political message? B & E, at least

Back
Top Bottom