Setlist varies Glad USA is second leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badu2fan

The Fly
THis is why it is great the band practise in Europe before landing in USA> they start to vary things as they must get bored and maybe with a little practice they feel comfortable making changes.......

We are so lucky to have second leg. Now lets hear some Popmart music please!!!!

Hear hear! Though as a European, I'd be kind of disappointed missing out but fair enough, they've practised on America for the last four tours at least!

For the 3rd and 4th leg I'm sure they'll drop songs and add others... Maybe saving White as Snow and SUC and some other gems.. Or maybe add a bunch from Songs of Accent

I just hope they get a DVD out from these 2 legs cause id hate for the lights of crazy tonight remix, until the end of the world, UV and UF to be dropped and not have a place on the DVD.

I wish for once they'd release a DVD and put songs that they've been playing, but weren't played at the show they filmed the DVD as extras or something..

Gloria, The Ocean and Bad come to mind from the Vertigo tour..

I see them on the 29th and I'm dying for them to play at least ONE of these four...

Your Blue Room
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

If I had to choose though, I'd probably take Your Blue Room, only because I absolutely LOVE how it is sounding live and, I'd be able to say that I was at one of the first few shows in which it was played. :wink:

But, if not that, then definitely UTEOTW because it's in my Top 10 songs ever.

I think it has to do that the European crowds love the material as is, but we as Americans are generally bored during concerts.

mmm well as a European I'm glad we got the show first- made a welcome change from having to wait months before they're finished touring the US.

Also meant that when I saw that first show at Nou Camp I had no idea what I was going to see or hear- and I'm alot less bothered than many round here abour rotating set lists and hearing stuff like DM and YBR which frankly mean nothing to me at all- much rather have the "hits" than those 2 songs any day

I am glad I'm European and went to the concerts of the first leg, because honestly nothing I've heard and seen so far from the US leg has convinced me that it's the better set. In fact I think European shows were better, set-wise and audience-wise. The only thing that's new is Your Blue Room, a great song, but not good in a live setting, so I don't mind missing that one. The two Milan shows were the best I've ever seen, everything was so fresh, band in good mood, excellent audience, great Bono voice and a lot of good songs and rarities in the set. I've heard songs played in Europe that I'm sure they won't play in the US, even though I'd be happy for the American fans if they did. So I'd say Europeans definitely had the better leg of the tour. :D

I think Your Blue Room is great live and I'm dying for them to play it in Landover. If they played that, UTEOTW, and Stay, I'd probably die right on the spot. :drool:

I'm a little peeved that "Bad" hasn't been played as much as I thought it would be - they were really starting to create something different with the song i.e. London and Cardiff with Bono noodling on guitar...just when I thought it was going to be a staple on the tour they quit playing it...c'mon boys...BRING BACK "BAD"!!!!

It is nice to be seeing a fully warmed-up band and production after seeing the first ten Vertigo shows. The vertigo shows were good, but the band and the show improved and settled into a groove and were drastically better by the time I saw them on leg 2 in Europe. I'm looking forward to Phoenix/Vegas/LA.

Back
Top Bottom