Setlist varies Glad USA is second leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a job for Pride or BTBS... or why not just play WOWY twice?
Errr, no? I'm not complaining about YBR or suggesting they ditch it. I think it's great and unexpected. I'm just saying, you know, the majority of the crowd doesn't really seem to get it. Which is basically what I said in my other post.

Errr, no? I'm not complaining about YBR or suggesting they ditch it. I think it's great and unexpected. I'm just saying, you know, the majority of the crowd doesn't really seem to get it. Which is basically what I said in my other post.
this is where i place my fuck the majority of the crowd line.

it doesn't bother me, i'm in a bubble when i see u2 (literally, i look real awesome), i really don't care what the rest of the crowd does. i understand u2 do mind though, but i say fuck it. they're big enough, they can do what they want.

this is where i place my fuck the majority of the crowd line.

it doesn't bother me, i'm in a bubble when i see u2 (literally, i look real awesome), i really don't care what the rest of the crowd does. i understand u2 do mind though, but i say fuck it. they're big enough, they can do what they want.
Yeah, I get that perspective. But I think U2's desire to play crowd pleasers is important here, because YBR likely won't have any longevity in the setlist because the audience goes dead during it. I'm surprised they've played it as many times as they have, honestly. I'll be shocked if it makes it past this leg.

I don't think the problem with YBR is necessarily the fact that it's obscure. It's the tempo PLUS the obscurity. The crowd can't dance to it or sing along, so they just stand there looking confused.

From the bands point of view it's probably not fun to play songs where the audience just goes to the bathroom or waits for the next classic.
I think it must give a great feeling when the whoe crowd screams ELEVATION!

From the bands point of view it's probably not fun to play songs where the audience just goes to the bathroom or waits for the next classic.
I think it must give a great feeling when the whoe crowd screams ELEVATION!

But just think what response they would get for some other songs beside elevation...... Bad Desire Out of Control Gloria etc etc...... But 5 songs from an album 10 years old...... Might as well sing New York New York.... or do the whole album straight through if they like it that much....
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom