Return of Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simply Beautiful! Has anyone figured out the lyric changes Bono made in this version? I can make some of them out, but not all. I believe Bono has said he wanted to rewrite the lyrics (more like complete them) one day.

That's a great version of Bad. Yeah I think they were playing it a little faster which is always good. This track needs a bit of propulsion. I've liked all the versions of the song this tour, I like the full-throated 'Wide Awakes', sounds more dramatic IMO, like the old days.

Bono actually played the guitar on this song in the Milan 92 version, there was some rough footage of the gig on Youtube once but I think its gone now. So not the first time he's done this. :)

One of my favorite songs, a brilliant performance last night. :) I'd give an arm and a leg to hear it live. :(

I thought this was just one of those times when Bono likes to hold the guitar a bit. :D However, it surprised me. :)

He uses the guitar so he can rest it on his tummy to help him belt out those notes.:wink:

Am I imagining things or is the first in the second round of "Wide Awakes" the same as the album version?

That has to be at least the high C, if not the C#... anybody know for sure?
:drool::drool:

This was just awesome! I had the biggest smile on my face all through this song last night. Was so pleased they played it, and finished it off with the few lines of 40.... It was Beautiful :)

Simply Beautiful! Has anyone figured out the lyric changes Bono made in this version? I can make some of them out, but not all. I believe Bono has said he wanted to rewrite the lyrics (more like complete them) one day.

Has anyone figured out the lyric changes Bono made in this version?

Best version of "Bad" this tour. Here's hoping they continue it, even expand on it. Was this show broadcast on Radio??? If so, please, someone tell me where to get a copy!!!

What a shame, all those people filing up the stairs toward the exits during such a rare, epic live performance... :no: Who chooses a time like this to leave? Surely they could wait for a beer or the toilet. And surely they are not trying to beat the crowd to the car! Do they have any clue what some of us would give to experience this?

My fellow Brits: would someone please kindly but firmly explain to the neophytes that, when Bad is played, you stand and partake in solemn reverence, even if it means you piss yourself?!!! SOILED GARMENTS JUST MIGHT BE THE (SMALL) PRICE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF EXPERIENCING "BAD" IN PERSON!
:D

What a shame, all those people filing up the stairs toward the exits during such a rare, epic live performance... :no: Who chooses a time like this to leave? Surely they could wait for a beer or the toilet. And surely they are not trying to beat the crowd to the car! Do they have any clue what some of us would give to experience this?

My fellow Brits: would someone please kindly but firmly explain to the neophytes that, when Bad is played, you stand and partake in solemn reverence, even if it means you piss yourself?!!! SOILED GARMENTS JUST MIGHT BE THE (SMALL) PRICE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF EXPERIENCING "BAD" IN PERSON!

This.

I know it probably shouldn't, but when I see people heading for the exits before the show is finished, it really, really pisses me off....so annoying.

I know it probably shouldn't, but when I see people heading for the exits before the show is finished, it really, really pisses me off....so annoying.

Try being the one walking to the exit.

We HAD to catch the tube to get to the train to get back to Hinchley Wood to sleep well to get back to Leicester.

Plus, as a smaller member of the crowd, I didn't want to get crushed let alone miss our journey.

We barely made it having missed Moment of surrender.

Please, has anyone figured out the lyric change?
thank you

YouTube - U2 360° Tour London 15 August 2009 Bad

for what it's worth, this is my guess after listening to the second verse for 30 minutes on repeat...reeeally hard to decipher exactly what he's saying...I know this is wrong, but maybe someone could work off this and get a better idea of it...I don't know :shrug:

If they,
Should ask,
Maybe they,
Tell me what I should say,
True colors fly,
And the sum of that friction,
And the lives and hearts,
Are now broken with addiction,
And then heart to the floor,
In a way that won’t get old,
And you’re breaking free,
And there’s nothing that can be yourself,
All that song, (no fucking clue what he sings here, listened to it 100 times… dammit Bono)
Lets out again…

I'm sure a lot of that is wrong...sorry haha....It's getting really frustrating though, I have to stop.

Time to drift away to Beach Sequence and Your Blue Room...so soothing :heart:

for what it's worth, this is my guess after listening to the second verse for 30 minutes on repeat...reeeally hard to decipher exactly what he's saying...I know this is wrong, but maybe someone could work off this and get a better idea of it...I don't know :shrug:

If they,
Should ask,
Maybe they,
Tell me what I should say,
True colors fly,
And the sum of that friction,
And the lives and hearts,
Are now broken with addiction,
And then heart to the floor,
In a way that won’t get old,
And you’re breaking free,
And there’s nothing that can be yourself,
All that song, (no fucking clue what he sings here, listened to it 100 times… dammit Bono)
Lets out again…

I'm sure a lot of that is wrong...sorry haha....It's getting really frustrating though, I have to stop.

Time to drift away to Beach Sequence and Your Blue Room...so soothing :heart:

thank very very much for your efforts
very appréciated
very nice of you

I'm praying for Bad when they hit the states, at least every other night, but i can guess thats not going to happen, but i would love to hear it in Atlanta:):up::applaud:

Whatever Bono was doing at the start of Bad last night... wasn't very good. Not sure if it was deliberate, or a vocal problem or whatever.

Still, the guitar part he played at the end was nice.

Back
Top Bottom