Request: WAVE OF SORROW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to hear this song on the tour.

:up: Me, too, still hope, that it will be in a piano-slot as "Miss Sarajewo" was on the last tour. "Wave Of Sorrow" is a beautiful tune, that would replace the tune perfectly and does fit the mood of the new album, too ...

This song is relevant now.....listening to it....wow, it would blow people away especially complimented with right mood lighting and imagery.

We have almost no chance of getting this song... but WOW it's killer... love the YouTube Video that shows Bono in 2007 listening to the song, singing over it... happy like a school boy as he does so.

We have almost no chance of getting this song... but WOW it's killer... love the YouTube Video that shows Bono in 2007 listening to the song, singing over it... happy like a school boy as he does so.

More like one in a million? So, you're telling me there's a chance? :wink:

No. they have so many better songs. please don't waste a spot on a really old b-side.

Maybe , but you won't get to hear them live. This is a possible piano driven, acoustic, quiet ballad spot. A spot thay may come after "Bullet" or in a similar position. A spot, that was 2005/06 occupied by the still beautiful "Running" (which they will not play on the next tour, IMO) or by the opera-act "Miss Sarajewo" (which I do hope, they will ot play ...).
So a good choice for this kind of spot is WOS – a tune with great lyrics, a haunting melody. If you exclude it, you have to replace it by a tune, that is similar/identical in atmosphere. The question is not "God Part II" or WOS, okay?:wink:

A spot, that was 2005/06 occupied by the still beautiful "Running" (which they will not play on the next tour, IMO) or by the opera-act "Miss Sarajewo" (which I do hope, they will ot play ...).
So a good choice for this kind of spot is WOS – a tune with great lyrics, a haunting melody. If you exclude it, you have to replace it by a tune, that is similar/identical in atmosphere. The question is not "God Part II" or WOS, okay?:wink:

yeah, so if they have to replace songs with a similar feel (which there is absolutely no reason they need to do that- miss sarajevo was the biggest snooze fest of the whole vertigo tour) all of the following are miles better than a weak b-side:
ground beneath her feet
please
running to stand still (i would rather hear this 100x's than wos once)
white as snow
wake up dead man
your blue room (a far superior song, that deserves to be played live way before wos ever sees the light of day)
one step closer (so much better than than wos)
the wanderer (not one i really want to see live, but by comparison to wos seems great)

yeah, so if they have to replace songs with a similar feel (which there is absolutely no reason they need to do that- miss sarajevo was the biggest snooze fest of the whole vertigo tour) all of the following are miles better than a weak b-side:
ground beneath her feet
please
running to stand still (i would rather hear this 100x's than wos once)
white as snow
wake up dead man
your blue room (a far superior song, that deserves to be played live way before wos ever sees the light of day)
one step closer (so much better than than wos)
the wanderer (not one i really want to see live, but by comparison to wos seems great)
Ahem, no :|

Back
Top Bottom