Replace Miss Sarajevo for White as Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbanksy9

The Fly
Even though I love Miss Sarajevo, White as Snow would be perfect, as the second part of the song drops the screen could open up, I think it'll be brilliant, not to mention the song itself is a masterpiece.

Considering the NLOTH songs they dropped, they're not likely to add a low key track from the album at this point.

I love the song, though.

White As Snow would be good.

But I'd prefer something upbeat like In God's Country or 2 Hearts Beat As One.

In a little while -> Miss Sarejevo IS quite possibly one of the worst sections of any show I've seen. Goddam I hate it!

They'ed better drop it before the USA leg :angry:

In A Little While and Miss Sarajevo are good/decent songs. There is/was just no reason to bring them back for this tour and crowbar them into the setlist. In A Little While was great on the Elevation tour and it was a highlight. Miss Sarajevo had its run on the Vertigo tour. Both songs were good for those respective tours but should have just stayed there.

I think White As Snow is a boring song. But at least it would be something different. Would not be any different than what they are playing now, it would bring the show to a grinding halt, just like IALW and MS do now. The IALW/Miss Sarajevo is the weakest section of the current setlist. I still think opening with Beautiful Day is not great either. Now they don't even have Stingray as the intro to it. I'm looking forward to seeing them this year, but this setlist is about as mediocre to bad as it gets. A new album with new material to play appears to be the only thing that could save it. Unless U2 does something uncharacteristic and makes drastic changes for the next couple of legs.

Miss Sarajevo > In A Little While

I rather have MS in the set than IALW to be honest.

I would have loved to hear Kite before Miss Sarajevo, though - if it ended up appearing at the South African shows. :sad:

I'm about 80% sure right now that by the time they hit the US leg, the set list will be drastically different from the past three legs.

I'm about 80% sure right now that by the time they hit the US leg, the set list will be drastically different from the past three legs.

I'm kind of waiting to see if the album will happen or not. I think if the album doesn't come out this spring (and that's a HUGE if - I'm firmly on the optimistic side of the fence), they're not going to make many big changes.

Although honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, if there is an album this spring, we don't get many changes other than a few new songs, and the basic structure of the show wouldn't change much.

It's not like they're going to revamp the entire show. .... right? I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong. We'll see! :)

They REALLY should play WINTER instead of Miss S and IALW

Winter (full band) --> COBL = Gold

Winter (acoustic) it's good on its own

White As Snow could be nice. Bono would need to sing it with a bit more urgency in a live setting. Think of Wake Up Dead Man. I adore the way he sings this on the Slane DVD.

Given that they tried Your Blue Room in the same place in the setlist it seems they are mad keen to fit something particular into this slot. Maybe they will surprise us again? Drowning Man anyone?

Back
Top Bottom