Raleigh Cell Phone Audio Feed Offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SethVincent

Refugee
Ok guys here is the deal someone feel free to assist:wave:

Tomorrow night will be the last show of this Leg for me:sad:

I know what it is like to be in an Interference Set List Party dying for any kind of audio:drool:

I have no idea how to do this but I am offering to use my work cell phone which I will have FREE minutes all weekend long but I do not know the logistics of how this is done:huh:

I would rather have someone I trust like LauraMullen although I have the feeling she is ready to chuck the kitchen sink at me to call & somehow link into a feed that everyone is able to hear

Can anyone help out? Or tell me if this is even doable?

I would call when Space Oddity began & I believe my cell phone would last all two hours or more but don't quote me on that:cute:

I will be in Seats tomorrow night so not sure if that makes a difference than GA

Only other consideration might be whether or not reception is good b/c last night at certain times there was NO SERVICE for a few of us close together in GA

I do know this much

I spoke w/ my Mother tonight for right at two hours on my work cell & it did not even have a full charge & it never died:up:

I hope it works out for you & us Saturday. Good luck!

I don't know how QIK works. If you can find RamblinRose, she'll be at the show too, and she had hosted in the past. Maybe you can broadcast thru the "channel" she set up :shrug:

I hope it works out for you & us Saturday. Good luck!

I don't know how QIK works. If you can find RamblinRose, she'll be at the show too, and she had hosted in the past. Maybe you can broadcast thru the "channel" she set up :shrug:

Hi Lila:wave:

Here are the parts of this that make me leary only b/c it is a work cell phone & not personal

Your telephone must transmit your own phone number. If necessary, the caller id suppression function on your telephone or cell phone must be deactivated – otherwise, an announcement requesting correction will follow.

The 1000MIKES dial in access numbers are local landline telephone numbers, without any additional hidden costs. We recommend using a landline flat rate tariff, which in turn, makes the call exempt from charges.

I can see my company being like "WTF are all these charges you TARD!":doh:

I am gonna Google QIK now:ohmy:

I thought maybe I could just dial a U.S. Number & some Computer Cell Phone Stream GeekaZoid could somehow have it LIVE for those at the Set List Party:|

Apparently this is not going to pan out & there does not seem to be any desire for it from what I can see & I am to worried about 1000Mikes having some kind of charge on my work cell phone so..... the offer still stands if anyone who will be at The Set List Party tonight would like to hear audio via a cell phone PM me & let me know.... I will be able to check email briefly once we get to the Red Roof in Raleigh

I will call you when "Ground Control To Major Tom..." begins & my cell should last until Rocket Man:up:

U.S. Resident Only:D

I can hear my work now "WTF is this Zimbabwe two hour bill!!!!!!!!"

xpirate.gif

My phone is charging now :)

Back
Top Bottom