Pride going going Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No "Pride..." tonight in Boston... I suppose it's taking a rest, it really just felt out of place in the setlist.

Wonder if Sunday Bloody Sunday will get the axe eventually too?

So far this leg:

MLK: 5/5 shows
The Unforgettable Fire: 5/5 shows
Pride: 1/5 shows

Ha ha ha.

Yeah, if they're going to cut classics that they're no longer really feeling, WOWY looks like the obvious chance to be dropped. SBS has spark for the first time in a long time.

It BETTER be back for Boston 2. After that, I don't care if its ever played again!

Pride officially retired? I effing hope not. An utter classic, and unlike many other folk, I adore it live. But it needs a rest, maybe not as much as Elevation, Mysty Ways and With Or Without You need a rest, but it could do with some time playing in the 2's.

they won't drop SBS because of the video montage they have to go along with it

dropping pride in favor of nyd is going in the wrong direction

they might as well bring back btbs while they're at it

-dan

they won't drop SBS because of the video montage they have to go along with it

dropping pride in favor of nyd is going in the wrong direction

they might as well bring back btbs while they're at it

-dan

No, dropping Pride in favour of NYD is going in exactly the right direction, because NYD doesn't suck live. Partly because its centrepieces are Edge's double duty and Adam's bass. Bono doesn't NEED to try too hard to sing it. Meanwhile, Pride just falls flat if he can't sing the chorus, which is the case for most of its performances. Good riddance to it.

No, dropping Pride in favour of NYD is going in exactly the right direction, because NYD doesn't suck live. Partly because its centrepieces are Edge's double duty and Adam's bass. Bono doesn't NEED to try too hard to sing it. Meanwhile, Pride just falls flat if he can't sing the chorus, which is the case for most of its performances. Good riddance to it.

:up:

they will probably bring it back for my show NYC 2 lol

I do not know of any live performances of Pride that are better than the album version, which is very rare. And NYD is a great song live... not my favorite, but I'd much rather see it in a set than Pride. It can bring insane intensity to stadiums, but Pride seemed to be falling flat with both the audience and the band.

I'm actually missing Pride now....I hope they keep it in rotation instead of dropping it altogether...I'm thinking it'll have a fresh energy to it when they play it next.

I do not know of any live performances of Pride that are better than the album version, which is very rare.

Look up 31 August 1984, Wellington and the 9 March 1987, Belfast performance for the Old Grey Whistle Test.

REPLACE PRIDE's SPOT WITH GONE :hyper:

Yes.

The reaction for Pride was weaker than the reactions for TUF and Bad at Chicago 1... that might have influenced their decision.

True! At least where I was. Of course the people who had waited all day to be in the front would be die-hards, but still. i was very pleased with the enthusiasm for UF.

Pride was not a highlight for me, and I was surprised that the crowd (around me at least) didn't seem as into it as ... well, almost every other song. Elevation and CT remix got much better reactions than Pride, for example. I enjoy hearing it, but I certainly wouldn't miss it. There are a lot of U2 songs I like more, and when it comes to the "warhorses" i think there are many more that U2 do better live. Like NYD.

Quoted for truth.

While this is true, I'll be disappointed if I don't get to sing Pride's chorus in Phoenix.

Y'know, first show and all...

Back
Top Bottom