Predictions: How much will the set change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look for songs where Bono either plays or generally holds a guitar. They'll want to limit his movement for the first couple of weeks, and holding a guitar typically does that. I think you'll see a couple of those type of tracks being worked in.

You might even get him playing piano on a track or two.

Look for songs where Bono either plays or generally holds a guitar. They'll want to limit his movement for the first couple of weeks, and holding a guitar typically does that. I think you'll see a couple of those type of tracks being worked in.

good thinking, so we might get sweatest thing?

I think they boys are aware the UV was a highlight of 360. Same as UF. I'd be shocked if these did not stay - ditto for CT. I always thought the acoustic stuff was to rest Larry. The tempo of songs usually changes frequently as to not tire their drummer. Man acoustic stuck seems to take the wind out of the stadium. If so, then eff it: do Drowning Man! The band have come to rely on UTEOTW as an easy to play, easy to please song. Bono does not have to go high at all in verse or chorus. Then for the same reason when why not try The Fly?

Intro: Get On Your Boots (Fish Out of Water remix)
1. GOYB
2. Magnificent
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. ROTATE -----> Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW
5. Beautiful Day
6. In God's Country
7. In A Little While
8. ROTATE -----> New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found
9. ROTATE -----> Stand Up Comedy, I Will Follow
10. Mofo
11. ROTATE -----> Please, Staring at the Sun (full band)
12. ROTATE -----> Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. City of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight remix
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Unknown Caller -------> drop Walk On

19. One
20. Streets

21. Ultra Violet
22. Drowning Man -------> drop WOWY
23. Moment of Surrender

Also drop: the entire acoustic set, MLK

Intro: Get On Your Boots (Fish Out of Water remix)
1. GOYB
2. Magnificent
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. ROTATE -----> Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW
5. Beautiful Day
6. In God's Country
7. In A Little While
8. ROTATE -----> New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found
9. ROTATE -----> Stand Up Comedy, I Will Follow
10. Mofo
11. ROTATE -----> Please, Staring at the Sun (full band)
12. ROTATE -----> Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. City of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight remix
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Unknown Caller -------> drop Walk On

19. One
20. Streets

21. Ultra Violet
23. Moment of Surrender

Also drop: the entire acoustic set, MLK
and COBL!!

...acoustic Stuck. Yes, its fun to hear live, even to watch on youtube, but still, when I first saw it pop up on a 360 set list I was thinking "really, guys?" U2 has many better songs to put in its place. Also, you could not be more right about acoustic Stuck being pointless. In Europe, the Desire/Angel of Harlem/Stay/Electrical Storm rotating slot was one of the most vital in the set list.

I agree completely. I didn't/still don't get the point of that whole acoustic set. If the point was to do an Elevation Tour-esque, "let's get closer to the audience despite this huge stage " mini-set, it was kind of counter-productive that Edge and Bono stayed on the main stage.

23. Moment of Surrender

[/B]

Are you trying to put the audience to sleep so they wont leave??? :lol: ;)

Drowning Man isn't going to happen, the band gave it up and did not feel that it worked at all live. It was a novel concept to try it, they may do another song that has seldom been played or never played, but it wont be Drowning Man.

Whatever Bono is calling the song that was "Every Breaking Wave" will probably be done at some point. They seem motivated (at least for now) to finally play a new unreleased song live. Still, don't hold your breath until it actually happens! :)

well lets see, judging by past tours:

nloth
one

(new)
11 o'clock tick tock
a day without me
i fall down
exit
in god's country
silver & gold
hawkmoon 269
the fly
dirty day
gone
last night on earth
stand up comedy - i would hope if they play this it will have 2 guitars that you can hear

:drool::rockon:

songs he should be playing guitar that he doesnt anymore:

ISHFWILF
WOWY
Desire
Walk On
AIWIY

and bono, you know you are allowed to play other guitars and not just the irish falcon right? and you're allowed to change up the tone so it's not always that overdriven screeching from those overly bright gretsch pickups?

:up::up:
well lets see, judging by past tours:

exit
in god's country
hawkmoon 269
the fly
dirty day
gone
last night on earth

:drool::rockon:
:up::up::up:

Glad to see a consensus developing(somewhat) on everything in that list but exit.

Exit, I'd love to see, but I don't know how many others feel that way.

I'll be happy as hell with IGC and LNOE!

And I think Hawkmoon would fit really well with No Line On The Horizon.

I'm with edge-evans on the acoustic set. The whole point of that would be to rest the drummer. Plus I didn't mind some of the acoustic performances, the show I saw had a beautiful version of SIAMYCGOO.

Anyway songs I think they should throw in to the set would be:

The Fly
Mofo
Zoo Station (Vertigo Tour version)
Bad
Stand Up Comedy (at least try it once!!!:angry:)
I Will Follow
All I Want Is You
Even Better Than The Real Thing

All in exchange for other songs of course. They should definitely take out Elevation and do the extended solo for Mysterious Ways as they did on Vertigo.

I'm with edge-evans on the acoustic set. The whole point of that would be to rest the drummer. Plus I didn't mind some of the acoustic performances, the show I saw had a beautiful version of SIAMYCGOO.

Anyway songs I think they should throw in to the set would be:

The Fly
Mofo
Zoo Station (Vertigo Tour version)
Bad
Stand Up Comedy (at least try it once!!!:angry:)
I Will Follow
All I Want Is You
Even Better Than The Real Thing

All in exchange for other songs of course. They should definitely take out Elevation and do the extended solo for Mysterious Ways as they did on Vertigo.
Zoo Station (ZooTv tour version)!!!!!!

My guess is that they will for sure add Stand Up Comedy.

I'm guessing that Even Better Than The Real Thing will be added for sure as well, possibly even The Fly too.

They've had so many requests for POP songs that I'm sure they've thought about playing them and will most likely do so. I bet I Will Follow makes a comeback and All I Want Is You will be played in between One and Streets.

I think they should remove Stuck In A Moment and Elevation. Replace Stuck with New York, maybe? If they want to keep doing lots of ATYCLB songs. Also, they should open with NLOTH. And I think they should play Love Is Blindness....or at least snippet it.

I'd also really like to see Running To Stand Still played on this tour.

Yeah I wouldn't think they'd play NY again. I loved it live and just watched the Elevation Boston DVD yesterday, my goodness was New York one of the highlights of that show.

If they are going to play any more of ATYCLB they should debut WILATW. If that tribute band can kick ass playing it why can't U2 give it a shot?

I didn't really like WILATW much when I first listened. I don't think I listened to it much after that and then I saw the Lemon tribute band cover on YouTube and I listened to it again. It really surprised me how much better I enjoyed the song. Weird.

I hope unforgettable fire & ultraviolet stay. Some less atyclb would be good. Would love the blue room to appear in Europe!

If they are going to play any more of ATYCLB they should debut WILATW. If that tribute band can kick ass playing it why can't U2 give it a shot?

One of the most underrated U2 songs ever, especially by the band. It's one of the few ATYCLB songs I love unconditionally at any moment, would love to have them try the whole song live, rather than snippet it. Sure as hell would beat Stuck and In a little yawn!

U2 need to take lessons from that Lemon Tribute band. Listen to U2's attempt at IGWSHA vs. Lemon's version, for example. Some of the songs they've done that U2 have never tried are amazing. Heartland, Love comes tumbling, WILATW, Acrobat, Fez-Being Born, Promenade... great versions.

Since I'm sure the setlist will be very different by the time my 2011 shows come around, I really find myself indifferent about what songs they play for this leg. I'm just happy they're going to be playing again very soon!

U2 need to take lessons from that Lemon Tribute band. Listen to U2's attempt at IGWSHA vs. Lemon's version, for example. Some of the songs they've done that U2 have never tried are amazing. Heartland, Love comes tumbling, WILATW, Acrobat, Fez-Being Born, Promenade... great versions.

Since I'm sure the setlist will be very different by the time my 2011 shows come around, I really find myself indifferent about what songs they play for this leg. I'm just happy they're going to be playing again very soon!

^^

Don't ask me why, but I suddenly have a reasonably good hunch that Hawkmoon is very much a possibility. Sonically, it goes well with No Line On The Horizon(song) and in general feel too. Its atmospheric, moody and intense, like much of the NLOTH album.

Really underrated U2 song if you ask me.

What are the changes to see U2 play a NLOTH song that hasn't been played before (Based on previoustours)? Why would they do that if they don't release it as a single?

I hope they drop City of Blinding lights and Until the end of the world. They do nothing for me but I guess its personal taste.

With Achtung being rereleased later this year I think theres a good chance that songs from that album could surface......I love So Cruel:love:

So Cruel isn't gonna happen. I could see Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses happen though. Perhaps EBTTRT, since they did rehearse a perfecto mix of it. :hmm: I hope they keep UTEOTW, loved that song live.

Back
Top Bottom