Pls U2 add 'The Wanderer' to 360 set list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you're just full of smiles and sunshine, aren’t you?

I really think the Original album version is the best, I really do not like Edge's "WA-WA-WANDERER!" addition - it actually kind of ruins the song for me...

i cringe every time i hear that

just reading it from your post makes me wince

i do like the original though

-dan

I was disappointed that they only played it the once....

I was genuinely surprised they never played it at a third leg Vertigo show, given how much time they spent rehearsing it and how easy it would've been to slot into the encore.

And I personally like Edge's backing vocals. Never understood why they seem to be near-universally hated on this forum.

the reason for me is the the backing vocals sound like a song from the 50s or 60s called runaway

-dan

I was genuinely surprised they never played it at a third leg Vertigo show, given how much time they spent rehearsing it and how easy it would've been to slot into the encore.

And I personally like Edge's backing vocals. Never understood why they seem to be near-universally hated on this forum.

Same. I really like that performance.

I didn't know that it was disliked. I was surprised by how good it sounded, and yeah, I also expected it to show up in the Vertigo set.... It would have only gotten better with a few more performances...

I seriously doubt it would ever show up again now though.

If this was added, first its would kill any atmosphere live, and second people will be winging that its taking up a spot for a better song.

I LOVE the live version of the song....even edges wanderer line (I like to match his singing). I would happily sit through its inclusion in the set.:drool:

If this was added, first its would kill any atmosphere live, and second people will be winging that its taking up a spot for a better song.

agreed...also add DM & YBR to the "atmosphere killer" category- obscure songs are not for stadium shows

I like it and I think it'd be cool to hear again. I like this live version better than the album version. I even like The Edge's backing vocals. Not really sure it'd fit in durring an actual full U2 show. I honestly think it wold probably kill the momentum of the shows. Nice song but maybe best left as a rareity.

Back
Top Bottom