Opening Nights Vs. Second Nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
From Barcelona we can tell that the second night was obviously better (set list, tighter playing for the most part). Now, I'm not talking about the launch of the tour. I'm curious about the entire tour in general. Over the years, has the second night for U2 been the better night to attend? Has the set list been more interesting, mixing it up, surprises, just more fun in general? If so, could this be because opening nights in cities may attract alot of "casual" fans and corporate people who just get expensive tickets through the company and they cater to them (in terms of track listing)? Ive only been to two opening shows a long time ago so i cant really remember the set list and personally couldnt compare since ive never attended night #2. Is this a pattern normally done by u2?

Im really interested in knowing because my friend sold tickets to night number two on Ebay. We didnt get the tickets yet so they havent been sent out. Im about to tell him to refund the guy his money so we can go to night number 2. I will be so disappointed if the second night has such a better set list.

The second night I went (although I wasn't at the first, it was broadcast around the country and I've watched it) was way better than the first here in Brazil. Some surprises (Desire, closing with All I Want Is You, The First Time)

"Setlist tighter" (on Night 2)... ???

They're not starting from scratch in each new city. Experience gathered from previous dates still transfers to new cities... You were probably observing the difference between absolute night 1 and absolute night 2. Absolute night 3 will be better, despite the fact that it happens to be night 1 relative to a new city.

The second night I went (although I wasn't at the first, it was broadcast around the country and I've watched it) was way better than the first here in Brazil. Some surprises (Desire, closing with All I Want Is You, The First Time)

Broadcast on TV?!

"Setlist tighter" (on Night 2)... ???

They're not starting from scratch in each new city. Experience gathered from previous dates still transfers to new cities... You were probably observing the difference between absolute night 1 and absolute night 2. Absolute night 3 will be better, despite the fact that it happens to be night 1 relative to a new city.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom