One Tree Hill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Far and away my favorite song of all time.

Amazing NZ gets this song each time the band goes down there. Quite an unfortunate tragedy they are tying the song to this time around, but as always it sounds beautiful.

It is one of those songs where they can simply turn the lights down and play while everyone in the room takes a moment to think.

Incredible the Edge can simply pick up his ax and pull songs like this off - too bad Bono cannot do it with the lyrics he wrote.

Great to hear it again live.

would have absolutely flipped if they did this at a show i was at.........they did it here once.......back in 87.....unfortunately a show i did not attend:angry:

Dear U2,

Your fans outside New Zealand love this song too. Especially all the ex-pat Kiwis in Australia, hint hint.

Cheers,
Interference's Ax
(As opposed to Edge's ax.)

I, for one, wouldn't mind OTH being played somewhere that isn't New Zealand for a change, especially considering how amazing the most recent performances have sounded. C'mon, guys, at least give it a rotating slot!

OTH would be a great candidate for a rotating slot all over the world. Great, great song. One of three on JT that I absolutely love.

I would love to hear the song live elsewhere than NZ, but I actually like the fact that they're not playing it very often, only on rare performance. Those few performances we get to hear become even more special. Those two performances last week was really something, I don't think it would've been that emotional if it hadn't been a special occasion.

I think One Tree Hill deserves to be played outside of New Zealand. At least play it once per leg, guys!!

But I think one of the reasons it's so fantastic is because of its rarity. When they play One Tree Hill, they really go all out. I've never heard a bad version of the song played live. It's always amazing. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom