Not impressed by the set-list! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Not impressed by the set-list!

Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamspaceman View Post
Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

Why is it predictable? Because they're playing songs they haven't played for 15 - 20 years? Because they revived some other songs not played on the last tour? Because they're playing plenty of new tracks?
And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)

Quote:
Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?
No.
We're three concerts into the tour. U2 have brought out some gems, some crowd-pleasers and have mixed it up a little bit (before they're even comfortable with playing all the new stuff, IMO). I'm excited to see them again in 10 days.
Woo!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

every tour we get a thread like this
Old 07-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:41 AM
I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamspaceman View Post

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

First of all there are already what? three of these threads...

Second, it's only been three shows.

Third, RTSS??? Why should we take you seriously if you don't know what you are talking about?

And last but not least this whole idea of calling it predictable but then saying "it HAS to be Fez...it would be just like ZooTV" is just outright
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
First of all there are already what? three of these threads...

Where? Please point them out to me Mr. Moderator.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygo View Post
I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.
Is this an opinion or fact? and i dont see any "recycle of the cocepts" at all, but its just about right for people to start bitching when a tour has just begun it happens all the time.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post

And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)
In my view, the more important numbers are the 11 years without Mofo, Last Night On Earth and Please, and the 16 years without Dirty Day, Zooropa and a full-band rendition of Stay. Not good enough. Some of us want more than Stuck In A Moment.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:41 PM
So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Where? Please point them out to me Mr. Moderator.
Ok, ok, I get your point. There are no specific threads like this just many that have turned into one of these. My mistake.

Sorry.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
and most people agree.
Good luck trying to prove that...
Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur fly View Post
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again.
I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Ok, ok, I get your point. There are no specific threads like this just many that have turned into one of these. My mistake.

Sorry.

Seriously though, I'd be happy to merge if there was. Contrary to popular belief, I cant read every single thread here.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur fly View Post
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.
The CLAW is clearly a throwback to the 90's, to skip the staple 90's tracks makes no sense. I don't know why they didn't do an indoor-Elevation style tour this time due to the slower/mellow set-list....things may change.....
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
Acrobat

Quote:
I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.
They are leaving lot of bigger hits out.....I'm not asking for individual songs, just more upbeat songs to complement the CLAW.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.

Its just funny every tour we get these threads, but yet the people who normally bitch havent even been to a show yet

also i gotta love these "most people agree" comments, because yes you have really gone around the 180.000 or so people that attended the 2 shows in Barcelona, plus the 150.000 that have attended the 2 shows in Milan.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #20
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
Oh, it's different live.