Not impressed by the set-list! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
The Fly
 
leamspaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Local Time: 01:41 AM
Not impressed by the set-list!

Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?
__________________

leamspaceman is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,730
Local Time: 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamspaceman View Post
Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

Why is it predictable? Because they're playing songs they haven't played for 15 - 20 years? Because they revived some other songs not played on the last tour? Because they're playing plenty of new tracks?
And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)

Quote:
Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?
No.
We're three concerts into the tour. U2 have brought out some gems, some crowd-pleasers and have mixed it up a little bit (before they're even comfortable with playing all the new stuff, IMO). I'm excited to see them again in 10 days.
Woo!
__________________

Popmartijn is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 01:41 AM
every tour we get a thread like this
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Aygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Barcelona, Spain [Lisbon, Portugal]
Posts: 3,543
Local Time: 02:41 AM
I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.
Aygo is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamspaceman View Post
Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?

First of all there are already what? three of these threads...

Second, it's only been three shows.

Third, RTSS??? Why should we take you seriously if you don't know what you are talking about?

And last but not least this whole idea of calling it predictable but then saying "it HAS to be Fez...it would be just like ZooTV" is just outright
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,343
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
First of all there are already what? three of these threads...

Where? Please point them out to me Mr. Moderator.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 06:41 PM
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygo View Post
I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.
Is this an opinion or fact? and i dont see any "recycle of the cocepts" at all, but its just about right for people to start bitching when a tour has just begun it happens all the time.
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 793
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post


And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)
In my view, the more important numbers are the 11 years without Mofo, Last Night On Earth and Please, and the 16 years without Dirty Day, Zooropa and a full-band rendition of Stay. Not good enough. Some of us want more than Stuck In A Moment.
monsieur fly is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
Acrobat
 
bizkitgto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Local Time: 09:41 PM
So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
bizkitgto is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Where? Please point them out to me Mr. Moderator.
Ok, ok, I get your point. There are no specific threads like this just many that have turned into one of these. My mistake.

Sorry.
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 793
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.
monsieur fly is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
and most people agree.
Good luck trying to prove that...
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur fly View Post
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again.
I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,343
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Ok, ok, I get your point. There are no specific threads like this just many that have turned into one of these. My mistake.

Sorry.


Seriously though, I'd be happy to merge if there was. Contrary to popular belief, I cant read every single thread here.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
Acrobat
 
bizkitgto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur fly View Post
Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.
The CLAW is clearly a throwback to the 90's, to skip the staple 90's tracks makes no sense. I don't know why they didn't do an indoor-Elevation style tour this time due to the slower/mellow set-list....things may change.....
bizkitgto is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
Acrobat
 
bizkitgto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.
They are leaving lot of bigger hits out.....I'm not asking for individual songs, just more upbeat songs to complement the CLAW.
bizkitgto is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 25,562
Local Time: 08:41 PM
i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.
mikal is online now  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.


Its just funny every tour we get these threads, but yet the people who normally bitch havent even been to a show yet

also i gotta love these "most people agree" comments, because yes you have really gone around the 180.000 or so people that attended the 2 shows in Barcelona, plus the 150.000 that have attended the 2 shows in Milan.
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #20
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,862
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.
Oh, it's different live.
__________________

__________________
ramblinrose[at]interference.com
ramblin rose is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U2 360 Set List - what do you think? bizkitgto Set Lists & Songs 305 08-21-2009 09:55 AM
10/14 set list controversy jonathan26 U2 Setlists 6 10-20-2005 05:49 AM
Set list variation...this is how all bands should do it no matter how big or small quasi1970 U2 Setlists 66 07-18-2005 06:24 PM
Set list WildHonee Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 5 10-13-2001 12:40 PM
ND set list please zooropa1993 Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 7 10-10-2001 10:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×