Not impressed by the set-list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leamspaceman

The Fly
Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?

Could be so much better. It's very predictable and contains some songs that should have been dropped from the live show long ago (Pride, RTSS to name but two).

:confused:
Why is it predictable? Because they're playing songs they haven't played for 15 - 20 years? Because they revived some other songs not played on the last tour? Because they're playing plenty of new tracks?
And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)

Anyone else a little underwhelmed and slightly disappointed with the set-lists so far?

No.
We're three concerts into the tour. U2 have brought out some gems, some crowd-pleasers and have mixed it up a little bit (before they're even comfortable with playing all the new stuff, IMO). I'm excited to see them again in 10 days.
Woo!

I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.

And WHY are they opening with 'Breathe'.....? C'mon guys, it HAS to be 'FEZ.' Play the opening as the band comes on and then blast into the guitar part. It'd be just like 'Zoo Station' opening ZooTV.

First of all there are already what? three of these threads...

Second, it's only been three shows.

Third, RTSS??? Why should we take you seriously if you don't know what you are talking about?

And last but not least this whole idea of calling it predictable but then saying "it HAS to be Fez...it would be just like ZooTV" is just outright :lmao:

I think the concept of the tour is pretty disappointing, couting on what the album seemed to promise.
Average setlist, a poor choice for the opener, the lack of good songs from NLOTH live, the lack of the characters and the more conceptual style of the album and the lyrics and... let's be honest: 360 Tour is a recycle of the concepts of the last tours and it doesn't bring anything groundbreaking besides the stage concept.

Is this an opinion or fact? and i dont see any "recycle of the cocepts" at all, but its just about right for people to start bitching when a tour has just begun it happens all the time.

:confused:

And how serious can I take your rant if your talking about songs they should drop that they're not playing at all??? (The last time they played Running To Stand Still was on 15 July 2005, so 4 years ago. They haven't played it (yet?) on this tour.)

In my view, the more important numbers are the 11 years without Mofo, Last Night On Earth and Please, and the 16 years without Dirty Day, Zooropa and a full-band rendition of Stay. Not good enough. Some of us want more than Stuck In A Moment.

So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.

So far it's one of the more disapointing setlists I've seen, and most people agree. They've chosen a lot of okay songs, but they're leaving out some huge crowd pleasers (Fly, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, Gone, Elevation etc....) plus the staple encore is all slow songs (UV is slow, awesome but slow), kick it up an notch and scratch WOWY. Maybe it's different live - I won't see 360 until Sept.

Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.

Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again.

I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.

Ok, ok, I get your point. There are no specific threads like this just many that have turned into one of these. My mistake.

Sorry.:reject:

:lol:

Seriously though, I'd be happy to merge if there was. Contrary to popular belief, I cant read every single thread here.

Like you, I want to hear EBTTRT, MW and Gone again. Without them the show is a bit too delicate. WOWY really needs scrapping.

The CLAW is clearly a throwback to the 90's, to skip the staple 90's tracks makes no sense. I don't know why they didn't do an indoor-Elevation style tour this time due to the slower/mellow set-list....things may change.....

I think this is what these types of gripes really come down to, people aren't hearing the songs THEY want to hear.

Like I said in another thread... 90,000 fans. 4 members of the band. And hunrdreds of Interferencers... There is NO setlist that would please everyone.

They are leaving lot of bigger hits out.....I'm not asking for individual songs, just more upbeat songs to complement the CLAW.

i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.

i must say that i'm really not enjoying these shows from home. i just can't hear anything.

:lol:

Its just funny every tour we get these threads, but yet the people who normally bitch havent even been to a show yet :hmm:

also i gotta love these "most people agree" comments, because yes you have really gone around the 180.000 or so people that attended the 2 shows in Barcelona, plus the 150.000 that have attended the 2 shows in Milan.

They are leaving lot of bigger hits out.....I'm not asking for individual songs, just more upbeat songs to complement the CLAW.

I agree 100%. They have so many hits. They should just rotate them (5 or 6 every night)

The 3 shows so far have got practically the same setlist

I also agree about the upbeat songs. More 90's songs please...

I agree 100%. They have so many hits. They should just rotate them (5 or 6 every night)

The 3 shows so far have got practically the same setlist

it just sucks for those people that don't read setlists online and only see one show.

Popmart had pretty much the same setlist night after night after the first few shows, so i really really dont understand the complaints again!,

and people are going on about the fly, elevation etc etc, but where they not played last tour? they play them we would have more people bitching that it would be like the vertigo tour setlist, the band litreally cannot win, but you know what? i bet the people at the actual show have a really good time, and thats what i will be doing come August.

What exactly do YOU mean by upbeat songs, because I've seen you describe songs that most in here would describe as upbeat but you called them slow?

Popmart had pretty much the same setlist night after night after the first few shows, so i really really dont understand the complaints again!,

but there wasn't any internet then. remember, U2 is playing these shows for the people at home, not those in attendance.

if anyone wants a surprising setlist, don't go to a U2 show. Go Sonic Youth. U2 are a tired greatest hits roadshow, the new Rolling Stones.

if anyone wants a surprising setlist, don't go to a U2 show. Go Sonic Youth. U2 are a tired greatest hits roadshow, the new Rolling Stones.

you're so right. i'm so tired of hearing songs like:

In A Little While
Party Girl
Electrical Storm
Ultraviolet
Their new album
Stand By Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom