Norman OK crew interviews.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uuu222

The Fly
Here's a cool interview about tonight's Norman show with the production manager. Looks like the Norman show may be one of the best shows to go to...wish I was there. Perhaps some real changes to the setlist tonight since it's a college town? At least the production manager seems to think so.

NewsOK

it will be a cool show, looking forward to the pictures

but they aren't going to mess with the setlist

-dan

Charlottesville is a college town too and they didn't change the setlist there.

OK, so I was reading reviews of this show on atu2's forum, and someone there evidentally talked to Sam O'Sullivan.

He said that
they will get to Mofo "soon"
and also to expect some surprises like
In God's Country

Don't know if I can take that with more than a grain of salt, but that's what I read.

OK, so I was reading reviews of this show on atu2's forum, and someone there evidentally talked to Sam O'Sullivan.

He said that
they will get to Mofo "soon"
and also to expect some surprises like
In God's Country

Don't know if I can take that with more than a grain of salt, but that's what I read.

I think your second spoiler is imminent:wink:

They aren't doing many public soundchecks atm, seems like it is the crew usually, or if they do, they play the same old songs. It is perfectly feasible they are working out the songs privately so as not to ruin the surprise

History

IGC has appeared as at least a snippet/acoustic version the last 2 tours when in AZ. It was reported as far back as Cardiff that the song was s/checked. I would say its pretty likely to appear either tagged onto the end of B Day, replacing Stuck as the acoustic or replacing Elevation as full band

The report of that was evidently false. I've spoken to multiple people and none of them heard it.

fair enough, i knew i'd seen it reported somewhere though:lol:
Irrespective of that
i think it will make an appearance in some form at the next show (is that sentence really a spoiler?)

wouldn't that song referred to in the spoiler make sense considering the venue of one of the remaining shows?
we're not talking rattle & hum performance here, we're talking an acoustic snippet where bono messes up the lyrics- thats what it probably means

wouldn't that song referred to in the spoiler make sense considering the venue of one of the remaining shows?
we're not talking rattle & hum performance here, we're talking an acoustic snippet where bono messes up the lyrics- thats what it probably means

:lol:

yep, must be waaaaaay too much to play an acoustic 3 minute song, let alone a FULL BAND version :ohmy:

Yeah, how hard would it have been to sub out Stuck or IALW in favour of IGC? Come on, U2. It's really not a tough ask.

IGC most definitely wasn't soundchecked at Cardiff. I was at the turnstile all morning and afternoon. The soundcheck could be easily heard and IGC wasn't part of it!

Back
Top Bottom