New Q mag - we may be about to see some Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are definitely a lot of spots where they could squeeze in Pop songs and make it work well.

- SATS or/and IGWSHA on one of the two spots after ISHFWILF.
- Discotheque where Crazy Tonight is now.
- Please between One and Streets.
- Gone as the first song in the second encore where HMTMKMKM and UV is now. If they're really awesome they'll do both HMTMKMKM and Gone after each other on the second encore. That'd be something. :up:

Urghhh lighten up!
:wink:

Somebody has to be "that guy."

Besides, if you don't expect it, it will happen. That's the rule in life. Go back to March 29th. Would you have thought they would have played Zooropa? Nope. No one expected that. So don't expect anything from Pop, and maybe they'll play it. This makes a lot more sense if you've been drinking.. :wink:

It's the biggest party in the setlist. And one of the last NLOTH songs left. I both doubt and hope not that it will be replaced.

This would be perfect, especially if CT segued into Discotheque...:drool:

In my brain it would go like the Discotheque snippet, Edge slowly starts to seque the guitar in already in taht version, what if Bono kept singing "You can reach, but you can't grab it, you can hold it control it, but you can't bag it, you can push"... with Edge keeps doing the seque part and Adam changes to Discotheque's bassline(which isn't that far off CT's), then after the "bubblegum/you just can't get enough, of that lovey dovey stuff" Larry stops drumming with a Whack on the big tom, and Edge kicks in the full riff. Then band goes fully into the song.

In my brain it would go like the Discotheque snippet, Edge slowly starts to seque the guitar in already in taht version, what if Bono kept singing "You can reach, but you can't grab it, you can hold it control it, but you can't bag it, you can push"... with Edge keeps doing the seque part and Adam changes to Discotheque's bassline(which isn't that far off CT's), then after the "bubblegum/you just can't get enough, of that lovey dovey stuff" Larry stops drumming with a Whack on the big tom, and Edge kicks in the full riff. Then band goes fully into the song.

that.... would be pretty fucking cool.

Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Remix
Discotheque

awesome.

Guys I don't think they should play anything from POP.

I think Interference would have a mutual brain aneurysm :wink:

that.... would be pretty fucking cool.

Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Remix
Discotheque

awesome.

:fuckyeah:

And it would take care of the haters too, because that would mean the "Turn on your radio" part would be deleted. :wink:
Discotheque > SBS works too.. from the Boomcha's to the drum intro. Try it, Discotheque does really fit between Crazy and SBS!

zoopop said:
Mmm, quite a few Popmart references coming from the band :hyper:

As this tour has gone on the band has remembered quite a few albums,

Boy - Follow & OOC
October - Scarlet played
War - Drowning Man rehearsed
JT - One Tree Hill and the others
UF - Title song
RnH - Down under rant by Bono, Love Rescue Me
AB - UV & Real Thing
Zooropa - Title song
ATYCLB -.......

Don't count Bomb since it was the last album

Pop is the only one missing

Lest we forget, Stay was also played from Zooropa :)

Back
Top Bottom