Mysterious Ways... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Mysterious Ways...

I've heard a lot of rumors that MW will be quite stripped down if played at all on this tour. I'm not an opponent of experimentation or anything, but seriously would anyone agree that the sexy A3 flange-wah is what makes that song so epic? I really hope they leave it in

Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
I've heard a lot of rumors that MW will be quite stripped down if played at all on this tour. I'm not an opponent of experimentation or anything, but seriously would anyone agree that the sexy A3 flange-wah is what makes that song so epic? I really hope they leave it in
I do agree with you. However, I do look forward to hearing songs in different ways. We shall see.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:30 PM
MW is as strong a staple as Streets and Pride.....I still can't believe they skipped it this time around.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:30 AM
They rehearsed it acoustically yes, and BEFORE you condemn it, listen to it first. It's on youtube and IMO it sounds pretty damn COOL. It's a 12 string acoustic as far as I'm aware.

It's something fresh, different, I don't mind it. They'll bring it in the set once they're ready for it. It's only been rehearsed a few times.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
The Fly

Nooooooo don't tempt me - I utterly refuse to watch any footage or look at any setlists until July 27th. One of the epic things about Vertigo was that apart from seeing the video backdrop in the CoBL video, I didn't know anything about what to expect or what it would be like ('twas my first U2 gig ). I'm not ruining the anticipation by peeking! :P
Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:30 AM
I've heard a bit last night in shit quality, so that doesn't give much away, and I've seen a bit of visuals and MW rehearsals. That's all. Besides I'm holding out till next week saturday!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...