My U2.com facebook clips are comically bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dal975

The Fly
I mean really, why does u2.com even bother? Today's was a :43 clip of Bono dedicating NYD in Washington to Teddy Kennedy...it starts with footage of a pedestrian walkway and mens room, zooms into a blurry wide crowd shot, spends a few seconds on a beautiful shot of a stadium power box, you see a wide shot of the claw for a moment, and then it ends with another wide-angle blur of the crowd.

It reminds me of the footage that used to be from hand held cams on VHS tape bootlegs I would discover in small record stores in the early '90s before the days of youtube when I would happily sit through two hours of migraine-inducing grainy shaky images. Now, not so much.

Who runs the show over there? If that kind of work product existed in any other industry, the responsible party would be fired immediately.

I think you're missing the point...

which would be that NYD was dedicated to Teddy? great

ETA: actually, if the person taking the video was expressing his/her feelings about that dedication, that would actually be pretty funny. But its asinine that U2.com send that to my FB page.

Is your problem with the fact that he dedicated the song to Teddy or the quality of the clips?

the quality of the clips of course, which was the point of my original post

i have no problem with the dedication, bono or teddy

i thought you were inferring that the clip was intentionally bad because the taper had something against teddy and so decided to film a bathroom- i found that mildly humorous

the quality of the clips of course, which was the point of my original post

i have no problem with the dedication, bono or teddy

i thought you were inferring that the clip was intentionally bad because the taper had something against teddy and so decided to film a bathroom- i found that mildly humorous

The point is that they are done by Adam and crew members while also doing their real job. They're teasers, nothing more nothing less.

The point is that they are done by Adam and crew members while also doing their real job. They're teasers, nothing more nothing less.

i know they are teasers. most of them are just plain poorly done, teaser or not.

It's not hard to at least TRY to point a camera straight for a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom