Mofo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
i had to start a new thread because i found out that riff from sexy boots and chorus for mofo live have similar or the same notes just different rhytm.
so...
you all know what i want to say.
play mofo on this tour!!!:drool:

i had to start a new thread because i found out that riff from sexy boots and chorus for mofo live have similar or the same notes just different rhytm.

That's what it reminded me of! I couldn't place it until now.

so...
you all know what i want to say.
play mofo on this tour!!!:drool:

so maybe they can just not play boots, and play mofo instead. :hmm:

One mention of that song and my keyboard automatically needs to be taken to a computer shop to get fixed.

:drool:

As much as I'd love to hear "Mofo" again, I hope the boys don't do another encore set like Vertigo! The "ZooTV" encore in 2005 was awesome and unexpected and that's why it should be left as what it was: Unique! If the boys install a "Popmart" encore into the 2009 setlist, in my eyes it just looks a bit desperate (maybe a harsh word). We had that idea in 2005 and it worked great, but to have a mini-concert of an old concert in the new concert each tour seems desperately nostalgic to me: Longing for something you no longer can have.

Why not re-invent the song somewhere into the setlist in a new version like the mindblowing "oh-my-God-what-the-fudge-is-this-version-all-about-because-I'm-about-to-cream-my-pants" version of Discothéque in 2005?

Bottom line: Play it, for the love of GOD play it! Just don't copy yourself and have a Popmart encore again with the whole Popmusik intro etc., because that was 12 years ago and should be put to rest, as great as it was.

My 2 cents...

This tour is or will be begging for MOFO!

Holy crap after watching endless clips of the first two shows, seeing the stage design, seeing the band do the remix of Crazy and seeing the fans react to it, I'd say MOFO is an absolute must on this tour at some point. They gotta do it. It'd be pefect!!

I love Mofo- as Q magazine famously described it, "the sound of U2 with... balls." Bring it back! And let's have LNOE while we're at it.

Back
Top Bottom