Make your own 360 setlist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2010 setlist (LEAKED)

Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificant
No Line On The Horizon
Gone
Until The End Of The World
New Years Day
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Stand Up Comedy
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Walk On

Bullet The Blue Sky (vertigo tour version)
Ultraviolet
Beautiful Day / Vertigo (snippet)
Moment Of Surrender

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Last edited:
2010 setlist (LEAKED)

Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
No Line On The Horizon
Gone
New Years Day
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Stand Up Comedy
One
Walk On

Bullet The Blue Sky (vertigo tour version)
Ultraviolet
Beautiful Day / Vertigo (snippet)
Moment Of Surrender

LEAKED??? Or it's your setlist? :huh:

Decided to make a new one after playing around with different ideas:

Fez-Being Born
No Line On The Horizon
Until The End of the World
Gone
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy
Elevation
Beautiful Day
The Fly /rotate with/ Mysterious Ways and Zoo Station
Stay (Faraway, So Close) /rotate with/ Bad
Unknown Caller
Vertigo
- segues into -
Discotheque
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
- segues into -
City of Blinding Lights
Sunday Bloody Sunday / I Will Follow (snippet)
Walk On

All I Want Is You
One
With Or Without You /rotate with/ One Tree Hill and In God's Country

Where The Streets Have No Name / Sweetest Thing (snippet) / Pride (snippet)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) / Acrobat (snippet)
Moment of Surrender

25 songs!!

2010 setlist (confirmed)

Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificant
No Line On The Horizon
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
White As Anow
Vertigo
City Of Blinding Lights
Every Breaking Wave
Walk On

North Star
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment Of Surrender

2010 setlist (confirmed)

Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificant
No Line On The Horizon
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
White As Anow
Vertigo
City Of Blinding Lights
Every Breaking Wave
Walk On

North Star
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment Of Surrender

you're deadset the lamest troll i've ever seen

And I've never seen U2 perform a song called Magnificant.

TheEdge25, I can say I fully approve of your setlist! :love: Plenty of Pop&AB love there!

00 - Kingdom
01 - FEZ/Being Born
02 - Get On Your Boots
03 - No Line On The Horizon
04 - Magnificent
05 - Celtic intro/ Beautiful Day
06 - Last Night On Earth
07 - Until The End Of The World//
08 - Breathe
09 - Electrical Storm
10 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
11 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
12 - Mysterious Ways
13 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
14 - Unknown Caller
15 - The Unforgettable Fire
16 - City Of Blinding Lights
17 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18 - Bad
------------------------------
Popmusik intro
19 - Mofo//
20 - Crazy Tonight (remix)
21 - Vertigo
Desmond Tutu speech
22 - One
23 - MLK
24 - Where The Streets Have No Name
25 - Moment Of Surrender

:drool:

00 - Kingdom
01 - FEZ/Being Born
02 - Get On Your Boots
03 - No Line On The Horizon
04 - Magnificent
05 - Celtic intro/ Beautiful Day
06 - Last Night On Earth
07 - Until The End Of The World//
08 - Breathe
09 - Electrical Storm
10 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
11 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
12 - Mysterious Ways
13 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
14 - Unknown Caller
15 - The Unforgettable Fire
16 - City Of Blinding Lights
17 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18 - Bad
Popmusik intro
19 - Mofo//
20 - Crazy Tonight (remix)
21 - Vertigo
Desmond Tutu speech
22 - One
23 - MLK
24 - Where The Streets Have No Name
25 - Moment Of Surrender

:drool:

Dude, you can't cut ULTRAVIOLET! It's the greatest part of the show! :doh:

I'm not going to do a list, but I have some thoughts.

I can't believe U2 will stay with Breathe as the opener. Great song, just not a great opener along the lines of COBL and Elevation.

So that begs the question: what does open 360 this time around? It's gotta be a NLOTH song. Get on yer boots is a great 2nd song (as is Vertigo). I think Magnificent could work nicely with an extended intro.

I hope they stick with the ZooTV/Pop segment. Really adds a lot of cool to the show. Would love to see them bring back the Elevation Tour's version of the Fly, but maybe try Lemon this time or Even Better than that Real Thing, Discotheque or Mofo. The remixed Crazy Tonight could fit nicely here.

Would LOVE to see them bring back Sydney's Running to Stand Still transition into Streets.

Only other requests would be to add one or two of the new songs and a couple old gem surprises, ala Out of Control and Unforgettable Fire. Maybe Stories for Boys this time, or Surrender, or Sort of Homecoming.

I'm not going to do a list, but I have some thoughts.

I can't believe U2 will stay with Breathe as the opener. Great song, just not a great opener along the lines of COBL and Elevation.

So that begs the question: what does open 360 this time around? It's gotta be a NLOTH song. Get on yer boots is a great 2nd song (as is Vertigo). I think Magnificent could work nicely with an extended intro.

I hope they stick with the ZooTV/Pop segment. Really adds a lot of cool to the show. Would love to see them bring back the Elevation Tour's version of the Fly, but maybe try Lemon this time or Even Better than that Real Thing, Discotheque or Mofo. The remixed Crazy Tonight could fit nicely here.

Would LOVE to see them bring back Sydney's Running to Stand Still transition into Streets.

Only other requests would be to add one or two of the new songs and a couple old gem surprises, ala Out of Control and Unforgettable Fire. Maybe Stories for Boys this time, or Surrender, or Sort of Homecoming.

Definitely agree right here. :up:

i think songs from October should come in. It is a lonely album that needs attention! U2 needs a brick thrown through their window for not playing enough October songs in their gigs since the 80's

01 Van Diemen's land (Edge alone)
02 Fez/Being born
03 No line on the horizon
04 Get on your boots
05 Magnificent
06 Mysterious ways
07 One/White as snow (snippet, ala "Unchained melody")
08 Gone
09 City of blinding lights
10 Vertigo
11 Unknown caller
12 The unforgettable fire
13 Beautiful day
14 Until the end of the world
15 Mofo
16 Crazy tonight
17 Seconds
18 Electrical storm
19 Breathe
Encore
20 Lemon or Bad
21 Ultraviolet
22 Moment of surrender

Fez - Being born
Even better than the real thing
I will follow
Magificent
All I want is you
Beautiful Day
One
Until the end of the World
New Year's Day
Unknown caller
City of blinding lights
Vertigo
Mofo
Please
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Where the streets have no name

Hold me thrill me Kiss me kill me
No line on the Horizon
Elevation

Ultra violet
With or without you
Moment of Surrender

Not a prediction but a wishlist..

- Kingdom -
1. Desire (start with Larry then balls out full band):drool:
2. Boots
3. MW/the Fly/UTEOTW
3. NLOTH
4. EBTTRT
5. Stand up Comedy
6. Beautiful Day
7. Still haven't found...
8. New Years Day
9. Elevation
10. Unforgettable Fire
11. COBL
12. Vertigo
13. Crazy Tonight Remix
13. SBS
14. Bullet The Blue Sky (Exit/Acrobat/Gone ....something dark please!):drool:
15. Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (full band)
16. 40 snippet-Streets
17. One
18. Magnificent
------
19. UV
20. All I Want is You

-------
21. Moment of Surrender
22. Bad

a few gems but on the whole fairly realistic. No Bass Trap or Scarlet.....ooh! Scarlet would actually be better than Space Oddity or Kindgom :drool:

I always thought it would be fun that at a certain moment in the show, 3 song choices would appear on the big screen and Bono randomly asking someone in public which one should be performed.
That way they wouldn't get some interferencer screaming "ACROBAAAAAaaaaaTTTttt YAYAYYAYAY" following a totally sucky acoustic version of acrobat with bono mumbling some lyrics he mostly forgot, which you would get if it were totally up to the audience.
If they practice 2/3 choices beforehand it could be a fun controlled randomness and make the setlist different each night :drool:

Could lead to some dangerous situations though, if it's Lemon teamed up vs Boots and someone picks boots. I'd have to watch myself not to smash that persons head in:lol:

Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Even Better Then The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Elevation
White As Snow/Stay - Acoustic
No Line On The Horizon
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride/Bullet The Blue Sky
MLK
Walk On/Bad

One

Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment Of Surrender

I think this one is ready enough to be brought forward for discussion. You'll find my comments and thoughts included at the end.

Edge89's 360° 2010 Wishlist/prediction:
Pre-Show (PA):
David Bowie - Space Oddity --> U2 - Soon

1. Stand Up Comedy
(w/ extended siren intro)
2. Get On Your Boots

3. ("We Love You") -> Beautiful Day
4. (NEW SONG)

5. No Line On The Horizon

6. ROTATION Theme - Bounce-tempo: Mysterious Ways / I Will Follow/ Two Hearts Beat As One
7. ROTATION Theme - Live classics: Bad / New Year's Day / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. ROTATION Theme - Downtempo: Drowning Man / If God Will Send His Angels (Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) snippet)/ Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (acoustic)
9. ROTATION Theme - Rockers: Until The End Of The World / Vertigo (Vertigo Tour Version)/ Last Night On Earth
10. ROTATION Theme - Space: In A Little While (Babyface snippet) / Your Blue Room / Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
11. FEZ - Being Born
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Magnificent
(w/ Do You Feel Loved snippet before slide solo: It looks like the sun/But it feels like rain/This is The Edge...)
14. Even Better Than The Real Thing (standard live version)
15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360° Remix)
16. Breathe
(with Tehran visuals and green light)

--
INTERMISSION: TUTU SPEECH --

17. Unknown Caller
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. One
(incl. Hear Us Coming Lord coda and Amazing Grace snippet) ->
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. Moment of Surrender

-- INTERMISSION: 3 Questions (with Zooropa interference/piano intro) and ZOO BABY --

Encore(s):
22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. Gone
24. With Or Without You
(incl. Shine Like Stars coda)
25. Every Breaking Wave (? depending on the mood/tempo of the track)

Post-Show (PA):
Sir Elton John - Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long Long Time).

Acts
:
A) "Bono envisages himself as a young man, struggling to find his feet in life and in search of some kind of personal epiphany."
1-5: (Mostly) new songs. - The cocky astronaut Bono gets on his boots and steps inside the spaceship.
6-10: Rotation of classics and more rare material - As he is reminiscing about his life on Earth with mixed emotions, the final countdown starts...
11-12: The engines roar as spaceman Bono observes the many cities of blinding lights on planet Earth below.

B) "The second act begins in which he moves from the personal to the political, wrestling with the problems of the wider world"
13-15: Dance songs.
16-21: After the massive disorientation, U2 initiate the "Africa/Politics" act of the show, starting with the Tutu speech. Soon, the spaceman has second thoughts about what he's gotten himself into: "Life is short/It's the longest thing you'll ever do..." The audience is left with a cliffhanger moment for the encore.

C) "U2 at their most raw and vulnerable, stripped to the metaphorical bone, when we have all been exhausted by the outpouring of collective emotion and ready just to get down to the dirty truth"
22-25: The spaceman Bono emerges in his spacesuit still looking to find his feet. Home-sick and alone, the young man ultimately realizes that the place where he belongs is on Earth, not at the edge of the known universe.

PER ALBUM:
-----------------

BOY (1): I Will Follow
OCTOBER (0): -
WAR (3): New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beat As One, Drowning Man
UNFORGETTABLE FIRE (1): Bad
THE JOSHUA TREE (4): I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky
RATTLE AND HUM (0): -
ACHTUNG BABY (6): Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Even Better Than The Real Thing, One, Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
ZOOROPA (1): Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
POP (3): Last Night On Earth, Gone, If God Will Send His Angels
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND (2): Beautiful Day, In A Little While
HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB (2): City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo
NO LINE ON THE HORIZON (9): Stand Up Comedy, Get On Your Boots, No Line On The Horizon, FEZ - Being Born, Magnificent, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix), Breathe, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender,
NON-ALBUM (4): New Song, Your Blue Room, Every Breaking Wave

Final comments:
Willie Williams has talked about a new opener in 2010 so while keeping the exciting opening sequence of songs over the PA, I decided to let them try Stand Up Comedy as the opener with an extended intro - see this post for more details. Beautiful Day needs to be early on in the set, in case the new songs doesn't work well enough to ignite the crowd. On the other hand there has been over a year since the album was released so I sure hope it's working this time around. It was kind of frustrating to notice the significant change in response for the two shows (one GA, one seats) I attended last year after Beautiful Day whereas the first songs were kind of dull. So throw it in there (with the Europe leg intro) to get things going early on in the show! Then the crowd would be ready to hear a completely new song (one per night would be sufficient/relalistic I suppose).

I had quite a few ideas that didn't make in in the end, one involving a Drowning Man or electric full band Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Transition into Winter (Linear version). Another idea was I Still Haven't Found-> Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own or Discothéque with a snippet of Dancing Barefoot ("Oh God, I Feel For You") towards the end. To include some Rattle & Hum material I wanted to try doing God Part II -> ("Stop It! 1..2..3..4")-> When Love Comes To Town but I found no place for that. Another though decision was to leave out MOFO in favour of Even Better Than The Real Thing after Magnificent mostly because of the flow. The final idea that I would like to share was to close the show with a new take on If Your Wear That Velvet Dress, with long bluesy outro solo, kind of how Love Is Blindness closed Zoo TV, but again it was not included.

The things I suspect the band to leave out for this year is the Michael Jackson snippets, Walk On (as Daw Suu Kyi's appeal was denied in August) and the Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary promotion, leaving out the title track, Pride (In The Name Of Love) and MLK. I know, I liked Unforgettable Fire too but I just don't appreciate the way Bono can't sing the lyrics correctly. It kind of ruined the experience for me even if the music is :drool:. Perhaps they'll abandon the Radio Teheran idea too, but that would ruin my transition into Breathe that I thought of so I kept it in since Breathe needs to be moved to another slot.

The theoretical question is of course, can they rehearse all these new additions now that Bono is supposed to be on rehab? Any other questions? I'd be happy to comment.:up:

FEZ-Being Born
The Fly
Breathe
Gone
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort Of Homecoming
Original Of The Species (acoustic)
Stay (full band)
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Kite
Moment Of Surrender

-ENCORE 1-
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
One

-ENCORE 2-
Beautiful Day
Bad-40

I think this one is ready enough to be brought forward for discussion. You'll find my comments and thoughts included at the end.

Edge89's 360° 2010 Wishlist/prediction:
Pre-Show (PA):
David Bowie - Space Oddity --> U2 - Soon

1. Stand Up Comedy
(w/ extended siren intro)
2. Get On Your Boots

3. ("We Love You") -> Beautiful Day
4. (NEW SONG)

5. No Line On The Horizon

6. ROTATION Theme - Bounce-tempo: Mysterious Ways / I Will Follow/ Two Hearts Beat As One
7. ROTATION Theme - Live classics: Bad / New Year's Day / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. ROTATION Theme - Downtempo: Drowning Man / If God Will Send His Angels (Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) snippet)/ Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (acoustic)
9. ROTATION Theme - Rockers: Until The End Of The World / Vertigo (Vertigo Tour Version)/ Last Night On Earth
10. ROTATION Theme - Space: In A Little While (Babyface snippet) / Your Blue Room / Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
11. FEZ - Being Born
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Magnificent
(w/ Do You Feel Loved snippet before slide solo: It looks like the sun/But it feels like rain/This is The Edge...)
14. Even Better Than The Real Thing (standard live version)
15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360° Remix)
16. Breathe
(with Tehran visuals and green light)

--
INTERMISSION: TUTU SPEECH --

17. Unknown Caller
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. One
(incl. Hear Us Coming Lord coda and Amazing Grace snippet) ->
21. Moment of Surrender

-- INTERMISSION: 3 Questions (with Zooropa interference/piano intro) and ZOO BABY --

Encore(s):
23. Gone
24. With Or Without You
(incl. Shine Like Stars coda)
25. Every Breaking Wave (? depending on the mood/tempo of the track)

Post-Show (PA):
Sir Elton John - Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long Long Time).

Acts
:
A) "Bono envisages himself as a young man, struggling to find his feet in life and in search of some kind of personal epiphany."
1-5: (Mostly) new songs. - The cocky astronaut Bono gets on his boots and steps inside the spaceship.
6-10: Rotation of classics and more rare material - As he is reminiscing about his life on Earth with mixed emotions, the final countdown starts...
11-12: The engines roar as spaceman Bono observes the many cities of blinding lights on planet Earth below.

B) "The second act begins in which he moves from the personal to the political, wrestling with the problems of the wider world"
13-15: Dance songs.
16-21: After the massive disorientation, U2 initiate the "Africa/Politics" act of the show, starting with the Tutu speech. Soon, the spaceman has second thoughts about what he's gotten himself into: "Life is short/It's the longest thing you'll ever do..." The audience is left with a cliffhanger moment for the encore.

C) "U2 at their most raw and vulnerable, stripped to the metaphorical bone, when we have all been exhausted by the outpouring of collective emotion and ready just to get down to the dirty truth"
22-25: The spaceman Bono emerges in his spacesuit still looking to find his feet. Home-sick and alone, the young man ultimately realizes that the place where he belongs is on Earth, not at the edge of the known universe.

PER ALBUM:
-----------------

BOY (1): I Will Follow
OCTOBER (0): -
WAR (3): New Year's Day, Two Hearts Beat As One, Drowning Man
UNFORGETTABLE FIRE (1): Bad
THE JOSHUA TREE (4): I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky
RATTLE AND HUM (0): -
ACHTUNG BABY (6): Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Even Better Than The Real Thing, One, Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
ZOOROPA (1): Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
POP (3): Last Night On Earth, Gone, If God Will Send His Angels
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND (2): Beautiful Day, In A Little While
HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB (2): City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo
NO LINE ON THE HORIZON (9): Stand Up Comedy, Get On Your Boots, No Line On The Horizon, FEZ - Being Born, Magnificent, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix), Breathe, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender,
NON-ALBUM (4): New Song, Your Blue Room, Every Breaking Wave

Final comments:
Willie Williams has talked about a new opener in 2010 so while keeping the exciting opening sequence of songs over the PA, I decided to let them try Stand Up Comedy as the opener with an extended intro - see this post for more details. Beautiful Day needs to be early on in the set, in case the new songs doesn't work well enough to ignite the crowd. On the other hand there has been over a year since the album was released so I sure hope it's working this time around. It was kind of frustrating to notice the significant change in response for the two shows (one GA, one seats) I attended last year after Beautiful Day whereas the first songs were kind of dull. So throw it in there (with the Europe leg intro) to get things going early on in the show! Then the crowd would be ready to hear a completely new song (one per night would be sufficient/relalistic I suppose).

I had quite a few ideas that didn't make in in the end, one involving a Drowning Man or electric full band Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Transition into Winter (Linear version). Another idea was I Still Haven't Found-> Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own or Discothéque with a snippet of Dancing Barefoot ("Oh God, I Feel For You") towards the end. To include some Rattle & Hum material I wanted to try doing God Part II -> ("Stop It! 1..2..3..4")-> When Love Comes To Town but I found no place for that. Another though decision was to leave out MOFO in favour of Even Better Than The Real Thing after Magnificent mostly because of the flow. The final idea that I would like to share was to close the show with a new take on If Your Wear That Velvet Dress, with long bluesy outro solo, kind of how Love Is Blindness closed Zoo TV, but again it was not included.

The things I suspect the band to leave out for this year is the Michael Jackson snippets, Walk On (as Daw Suu Kyi's appeal was denied in August) and the Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary promotion, leaving out the title track, Pride (In The Name Of Love) and MLK. I know, I liked Unforgettable Fire too but I just don't appreciate the way Bono can't sing the lyrics correctly. It kind of ruined the experience for me even if the music is :drool:. Perhaps they'll abandon the Radio Teheran idea too, but that would ruin my transition into Breathe that I thought of so I kept it in since Breathe needs to be moved to another slot.

The theoretical question is of course, can they rehearse all these new additions now that Bono is supposed to be on rehab? Any other questions? I'd be happy to comment.:up:

Awesome!

Well thought out and written and I can see it working!

Always enjoy the time and thought you put into your posts.:up::up:

Awesome!

Well thought out and written and I can see it working!

Always enjoy the time and thought you put into your posts.:up::up:

Wow:eek: Thank you for the kind words. I somehow get the impression that you actually read through all of what I wrote up there :lol:, well done!
I was afraid I had put too much information in one place for a second. :lmao:

I'll experiment a little compared to the other setlists I've done...

MAIN SET
-------------------------------------------------------------
// INTRO - Soon (Kingdom) / Mix of Rose Bowl DVD intro with miscallaneous video //

Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found (What I'm Looking For)
New Year's Day
In God's Country
Please (acoustic)
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (acoustic) // ROTATION: Staring At The Sun (acoustic)
In A Little While
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight (remix) / Relax (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Walk On
Bad // ROTATION: All I Want Is You

ENCORE SET
------------------------------------------------
// ENCORE INTRO - Funeral Blues // ROTATION: ZOO BABY //

Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
One / Hear Us Coming

INXS "Devil Inside" over the PA >>>>>>>leads to Boots intro video:

1.)Get On Your Boots
2.)Even Better Than The Real Thing
3.)Desire(full band, please, thank you!)
4.)No Line On The Horizon
5.)Magnificent
6.)Gone (rotate Do You Feel Loved-if they get it down right)
7.)New Year's Day(Rotate Still Haven't Found)
8.)Beautiful Day
9.)In God's Country(Rotate full band Stay)
10.)The Unforgettable Fire(Rotate A Sort of Homecoming)
11.)City of Blinding Lights
12.)Vertigo
13.)Crazy remix
14.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
15.)Please
16.)Streets
17.)Bad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18.)Hold Me.....Kill Me
19.)Out of Control(Rotate Two Hearts Beat As One and Gloria)
20.)Mysterious Ways
21.)One/Unchained Melody
22.)Until The End of The World
23.)Breathe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24.)Ultraviolet
25.)Luminous Times
26.)Moment of Surrender

Stadium lights go out.
The Claw lights up, all white and illuminating the whole crowd.
Soon starts to play over the PA, the band comes in and sings it, along what's being played, and while it comes back to that "soooooon" part each one goes to their place.
The Claw turns off all of its light, the crowd is left on the dark.
Let me in the sound intro starts and the screen expands while everything is dark.
Let me in the sound goes getting louder and louder.
Get on Your Boots starts and the Claw lights up again, now in bright red.
01. Get on Your Boots [Some pyrotechincal effects through the whole catwalk when "Let me in the sound" breaks in and again when Larry's drums come back near the end right before the "yeah yeahs"]
[The claw goes to a orange fire like and so goes the screen]
02. Magnificent
03. No Line on the Horizon
04. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight (Remix) or Vertigo (Redanka Mix) or Discothèque (Hexidecimal Mix)
[Screen retracts]
05. Breathe
06. Unknown Caller
07. White as Snow [Bono and Edge acoustic]
08. Hawkmoon 269
09. Mysterious Ways / Love to Love You Baby (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet)
10. Bad
[Screen expands again, full of colors, like a city seen at night]
11. City of Blinding Lights [segues into]
12. Levitate [segues into]
13. Zooropa [third section][A light effect comes near the end of this, coming up from the claw's feets like if the light was "running" inside them and on the screen, like a explosion of colors]
[Screen retracts]
14. In God's Country
15. Desire [full band] / Buffalo Girls (snippet) / Elvis Ate America (snippet)
16. Even Better Than the Real Thing or I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
17. MOFO
18. Elevation
19. [Cover song that releates to the place they're playing]
--ENCORE--
20. Where the Streets Have No Name [Fireworks when the place lights up]
21. With or Without You
22. One Step Closer
--ENCORE--
[Orchestral accompaniment until the end of the show]
[Orchestral intro]
[Screen is expanded again]
23. Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix) [segues into]
24. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me [segues into]
25. Lemon [segues into] [Screen slowly retracts near the end of the song]
26. So Cruel or Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) [segues into]
27. Moment of Surrender
Stadium ligths slowly light up again and the screen keeps showing "Let me in the sound" until interferences comes up and the screen is "turned off", like if it was television.

INXS "Devil Inside" over the PA >>>>>>>leads to Boots intro video:

1.)Get On Your Boots
2.)Even Better Than The Real Thing
3.)Desire(full band, please, thank you!)
4.)No Line On The Horizon
5.)Magnificent
6.)Gone (rotate Do You Feel Loved-if they get it down right)
7.)New Year's Day(Rotate Still Haven't Found)
8.)Beautiful Day
9.)In God's Country(Rotate full band Stay)
10.)The Unforgettable Fire(Rotate A Sort of Homecoming)
11.)City of Blinding Lights
12.)Vertigo
13.)Crazy remix
14.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
15.)Please
16.)Streets
17.)Bad
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18.)Hold Me.....Kill Me
19.)Out of Control(Rotate Two Hearts Beat As One and Gloria)
20.)Mysterious Ways
21.)One/Unchained Melody
22.)Until The End of The World
23.)Breathe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24.)Ultraviolet
25.)Luminous Times
26.)Moment of Surrender
:up::up::up:
This would do very nicely indeed :)

1) Get On Your Boots
2) No Line On The Horizon
3) Even Better Than The Real Thing
4) Magnificent
5) Beautiful Day
6) Breathe
7) Last Night On Earth
8) Until The End Of The World
9) Slug (obscure but suitably celestial- Bono could go straight into the first verse, cutting out the early instrumental parts)
10) A Sort Of Homecoming
11) In God’s Country
12) The Unforgettable Fire
13) Vertigo
14) Crazy Tonight
15) Mofo
16) Running To Stand Still
17) Where The Streets Have No Name
18) Bad

19) Zooropa
20) Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
21) Mysterious Ways

22) Ultraviolet
23) Gone
24) Moment Of Surrender
25) All I Want Is You

Based on speculation, based on last years shows, not a wishlist of my favourite songs, but an educated guess on how they could freshen up the show without changing too much

LONGER INTRO WITH MORE VISUALS IS A MUST
Get On Your Boots
I Will Follow
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
These 4 songs to inject a bit more pace into the front end of the show. I felt this was lacking last year
All I want Is You (Replace ISHF as the 'singalong')
No Line On The Horizon
----new song---- (Thanks for sticking with us. This is for you kinda thing)
Stay (obligatory acoustic song)
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Even Better Than The Real Thing (Remix)
Sunday Bloody Sunday

(This section pretty much as per last year with the obvious change of 'remix' track as an indication of things to come)
One
MLK
(small tribute to Suki. No need for Walk On. The point has been made)
(These 3 songs almost played as a medley. Think a combination of Pop Tour and Superbowl)
Mofo
Gone
With Or Without You

(Pop inspired encore a la ZooTv on Vertigo Tour)

Fez Being Born
Moment of Surrender
Bad
(A reminder of the latest album, followed by a classic with a bit of '40' added in)

Get rid of the ATYCLB overload. Keep the core of the show. Make more of the intro and have 2 encores. I always though the shows felt a bit unfinished on MOS

1. Fez-Being Born
2. Get on your boots
3. Even better than the real Thing
4. Beautiful Day
5. Magnificent
6. Winter
7. New Year´s Day
8. Gone / UTEOTW
9. All I want is you / Bad
10. No Line on the Horizon
11. Out of control / Exit / God Pt.II
12. Unknown Caller
13. City of blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. Please (COL Snippet)
16. Mofo
17. I will follow
18. Kite
19. Where the streets have no Name
20. One

21. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
22. Acrobat
23. With or without you
24. Moment of Surrender

INTRO:
1. Soon/Kingdom
2. Fez (edited version of the studio version recorded, only the first minute)

MAIN SET:
3. Magnificent
4. I Will Follow
5. Beautiful Day / In God's Country (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
7. Slow Dancing (acoustic)
8. Desire (starts out acoustic before breaking out with full-band + harmonica)
9. New Year's Day
10. No Line On The Horizon
11. Get On Your Boots / Pump It Up (snippet) / Vertigo (snippet)
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)
15. Running To Stand Still
16. Bullet The Blue Sky
17. Bad / All I Want Is You (snippet)

FIRST ENCORE:
18. Gone
19. MLK
21. One

SECOND ENCORE:
23. Can't Help Falling In Love With You (snippet) / Love Is Blindness
24. Moment of Surrender / 40 (short version)

So a few notes of some songs I didn't want to stay and some that I added to my setlist/wishlist:

I removed:

Breathe: It's a good song, but I didn't like it as the opener. Unfortunalety I didn't find another way to put it in there, its intro is too weak for opening the show, it felt weird putting it in anywhere else in the main set because of its long drum intro and I don't think it's a song that fits for an encore either.

Most of the ATYCLB-songs: Elevation is gone, Stuck is gone and IALW is gone. I kept Beautiful Day as its the most recognisable and in my opinion the best live song on the album. Elevation also works live, but they've already got a bunch of similar songs that will surely keep the audience pumped up.

With Or Without You: Bono hasn't performed this song very well on the 360 tour, the passion is not there. He seems a bit tired of performing it. They shouldn't perform it if they don't want to, they've got lots of other songs that could please the audience.

Unknown Caller: In theory it should've been an absolutely awesome live song, but it's not quite there. It lacks the extra energy required to make it a real live classic.

Sunday Bloody Sunday: I don't think it has worked out great on this tour. By placing Running To Stand Still where it used to be they'll still get the chance to spread some kind of political message (like they did on Vertigo tour), but with a slower (and in my opinion, better) song.

I added:

I Will Follow: Loads of energy here, works really well in the front of the setlist.

Slow Dancing: U2 has made too few songs like this one, and it would also be a great surprise to see them dig up such a unknown song again for an acoustic segment of the show.

Running To Stand Still: Very underrated song and beautiful song if you ask me. Also a great opportunity to implement some more piano into the show, it's been way too little piano so far this tour. With NYD, TUF and Running To Stand Still all using piano we'll have a decent amount.

Bullet The Blue Sky: It's a song that has a lot of energy, but also is heavy enough to fit into the latter part of the setlist.

Gone: U2 usually goes for the slow intros nowadays for openers and encore-starters so why not unexpectedly kick off an unexpected song bound to get the audience pumped up before reaching ultra-high levels with WTSHNN shortly after.

Love Is Blindness: A song that worked great at the end of Zoo TV shows that I think should replace WOWY.

Back
Top Bottom