Leaked Barcelona set list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macphisto54

The Fly
Anyone seen this? Not sure how accurate it is, but I'm stoked to see Ultraviolet and the Unforgettable Fire in there!

http://www.chartattack.com/news/71237/u2-tour-setlist-leaked

"Beautiful Day"
"Vertigo"
"Magnificent"
"Get On Your Boots"
"I'll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight"
"I Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For"
"Drowning Man"
"Breathe"
"In A Little While"
"Angel Of Harlem"
"(Space Chat)"
"Unknown Caller"
"The Unforgettable Fire"
"City Of Blinding Light"
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
"MLK"
"Where The Streets Have No Name"
"Ultraviolet (Light My Way)"
"With Or Without You"
"Walk On"

Encore:
"No Line On The Horizon"
"Elevation"
"One"
"Moment Of Surrender"
"(Ava Maria)"

I personally don't think they have setlists established yet and have a hard time believing they would open with Beautiful Day. As subjective as this is, I'm pretty sure they will open with something off of NLOTH. I'd have to bet it's a decoy (the presumed setlist) but I guess we'll find out in 10 days.

I mean, c'mon, everytime something leaks, one person reports the band and camp are pissed off, then the other argument is that that it was all part of the master plan. Obviously the stuff they are rehearsing is something they will play but they are more than likely trying to fine tune some of the songs to the stadium environment and wiping the cob webs off some songs they haven't performed in a while.

I'm glad I'm not catching the show until October, that means they will be completely in form and hopefully have some extra tricks up their sleeve. (This is not to say they won't be in form in Barcelona!)

All the songs in there look plausible, though I highly doubt they will open with Beautiful Day. If they did, it would be the first time since Lovetown that a song from a current album was not used consistently to open up the show(most Lovetown opened with Streets from JT when R&H was the current album).

So all of these have very good chances of being played. My big problem with this is the fact that the article says "U2 tour setlist leaked." U2 never goes with the same unchanged setlist throughout a tour, especially at the beginning when they are seeing what works and what doesn't, revising things, etc.

I would suggest that this is simply a list of all songs that various people have heard rehearsed over the last few days, and is just 24 of the usual 36-40 songs they have ready to throw in on any given tour.

A running order, rotation of classics like they did on Vertigo, etc, is, I have no doubt, very much a work in progress.

picard_facepalm.jpg

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom