Last song of the night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox16

The Fly
I'm not sure if this has already been talked about, but what should they end with? I know the obviously choice would be Cedars, but I'd like to on an upper.

My vote is Breathe.

Breathe strikes me as a natural encore opener. With the powerful drum intro, I imagine it would be used in an attention-grabbing slot such as that.

I don't think a new song will close. In an ideal world, I'd like them to continue using Bad/40. That was fucking magic when it appeared at some Vertigo shows. I'd rank it as the best closer U2 have ever played, even ahead of 40 by itself or Love Is Blindness.

Breathe strikes me as a natural encore opener. With the powerful drum intro, I imagine it would be used in an attention-grabbing slot such as that.

I don't think a new song will close. In an ideal world, I'd like them to continue using Bad/40. That was fucking magic when it appeared at some Vertigo shows. I'd rank it as the best closer U2 have ever played, even ahead of 40 by itself or Love Is Blindness.

Seconded.

Streets.

Wont happen, but I think it would be a cool closer and have been saying so for a couple of tours.

i've thought that for a while. similar feel to the uplifting ending walk on was, but better (i liked walk on, you just can't top streets).

bad-40 is my favorite i have seen.

40 was a little disappointing for me on the last tour, if they would play it like lovetown that would be my first choice.

I don't think Cedars will close the shows. It would be great if they closed it with Kite, like on the Australian shows. That would be perfect actually. Bringing back Love Is Blindness to that slot would be amazing too. I don't really want Breathe to close the show, but I think it would sound great as the last 3 song encore opener. It would re-inject unexpected new life into the show.

Final Encore

-Breathe
-Beautiful Day
-Moment of Surrender
:ohmy:

I would like MOS, Kite, Streets, maybe COBL, or Bad.

I don't see it being Cedars. I like the idea of closing with a song not from the new album, like they did with Popmart and Vertigo. Maybe City Of Blinding Lights, but I think a song with such a long intro would be weird to close a concert. :shrug:

How 'bout One Tree Hill? They closed the Japan show I was at with that song and it was magical.

start the encore with breathe, finish with cedars...If they want to keep cedars short like the album version then maybe finish with blindness...but cedars/blindness would be pretty dark way to finish (although very cool)..im one of those people who likes to be dropped down at the end of the gig, not giddy like a vertigo x 2 ending

to me streets should start the first encore, so it can be a "starter" song again...streets, pride, one is the first encore...and use the original DX 7 organ patch for that, try to make it as close to joshua tree as possible

I'd love Night And Day but they probably wouldn't do it. Cedars would be good or love is Blindness

Back
Top Bottom