Last song of the night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are they going to close the show with?

Since the "Opening Song" thread was such a hit, maybe this one will be too.

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks and i'm going to go out on a limb and throw "Moment of Surrender" out there.

It's a 7:24 opus which doesn't feel 7:24. It has a building intro that will give B enough time to give the "thanks for spending your hard earned on us..." speech.

It has a nice solo for E to strut his stuff and we will all be able to do the 'oh, oh, oh's' at the end.

If it's not played in the 4-7 slots in the setlist, I can really see them closing with it.

Thoughts, guesses, speculation, discussion and arguments in 3, 2, 1...

-dan

I know exactly what he means by it. I feel the same way. MOS is such a great song that you don't notice the song is over 7 minutes long.

What does this mean, exactly?

:doh: Nevermind I realize now...

I'm a little slow today, late night last night.

I thought he was trying to say 24/7 just saying it backwards, or it was some phrase I've never heard, I didn't realize it was the track length he was talking about...:lol:

:reject:

I think Moment of Surrender is a bit bleak to be the final song U2 plays. I think it'll occupy the spot that Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own occupied the last tour. You know, the "ok, let's get somber for a second here" slot. Only this time the song lives up to the moment (pardon the pun).

I would much rather hear a fast-paced song to close the show. I don't want to end on a slow note.

Which means that yes, I am hoping to see the permanent retirement of 40 as closer. They wheeled it back out for some shows last tour, I'd prefer they leave it out this tour.

Bad is a slower song, but it's a classic with great energy, and that works great as a closer. So either a faster song to pump us up before shooting us out the doors, or Bad.

all apologies for making a new thread. i didn't go back far enough when i was looking for something similar

looking like i was thinknig what some others already thought

-dan

Maybe it's just me, but I can picture MOS getting the Wake Up Dead Man treatment from Elevation- maybe a very abbreviated acoustic version, just a verse and the chorus...

I just hope it isn't the closer, seeing as it's my 4th least favorite U2 song, and so, well, that would just suck.

Mothers of the disappeared would be great with the band leaving the stage with the crowd chanting the "Woh! Oh! Oh!...Woh.oh oh..

If they can reproduce Unknown Caller, with its big chorus and Edge going into hyperspace at the end, then I reckon it would be a great closing song.

Otherwise I'd love to see a return of Love Is Blindness. Surely it deserves another go. It wasn't that so tied into Zoo TV that it needs to be moth balled.

Unknown Caller will end the first set. Moment of Surrender will end the first Encore, Second Encore will end with NLOTH. CoL will not be played.

I don't see Breathe closing and I don't see cedars being played ever. But I honestly think it will be an older song they haven't closed with ever. I can maybe see "One" being utilized with the band playing in a circle all facing each other on the circular stage.

Maybe Streets (i hope), but it will be an older, uplifting and catchy song so the crowd will sing along. Whatever it is- I know they won't disappoint!

I think Windows In The Sky would be a good, upbeat way to close the show.
Leave everyone with that energy as they file out of the stadiums.

I think Streets would be a bad choice of ending song. It never fails to release such jubilation and energy from people that it would be wasted if the show were to simply end after it. A good ending song is one that uplifts but at the same time has a sense of finality to it, such as 'Walk On' or 'One'.

Streets needs to be placed at the end of the main set where it normally is.

My favorite show that I saw during the Vertigo Tour on October 8, 2005, ended with "40." This is not a coincidence.

I felt like we were all singing the guys off the stage, and it was a very powerful experience.

I would always be happy with "40" as the closing song.

My favorite show that I saw during the Vertigo Tour on October 8, 2005, ended with "40." This is not a coincidence.

I felt like we were all singing the guys off the stage, and it was a very powerful experience.

I would always be happy with "40" as the closing song.

I was at that show as well, and i couldnt agree more. The crowd singing while the members left stage one by one was an awesome experience. 40 is the perfect closing song.

Back
Top Bottom