Lament for Fez Being Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they should add 2 songs to setlist and play Fez being born plus another rare song. This is a short show for all the bucks spent on special effects. Pink Floyd would play close to 3 hours when they were being the top touring act with great light show etc. COme on boys you are making enough $$ in fewer shows so add a couple of special songs each night. Here is a quote from Bruce at a recent show in florida during an equipment adjustment break in his show.

Sherry Darling" by request came before the request-portion-proper, and brought all three accordionists down front... eventually. When Nils needed a little extra time to get strapped in, Bruce asked Charlie and Roy to vamp a bit: "We have to take a little break... A little break music!" "Lady of Spain" first, then "Hava Nagila" before the trio was set for "Sherry." "We don't have the big stage," said Bruce, "but you're not gonna see this at the U2 show!"

Boss sums it up pretty well.

:wink:

they should add 2 songs to setlist and play Fez being born plus another rare song. This is a short show for all the bucks spent on special effects. Pink Floyd would play close to 3 hours when they were being the top touring act with great light show etc. COme on boys you are making enough $$ in fewer shows so add a couple of special songs each night. Here is a quote from Bruce at a recent show in florida during an equipment adjustment break in his show.

Totally agreed. It's almost an insult to play only 23-24 songs (same average of the previous tour) knowing that:

- They're playing much less shows per leg (50 shows on Vertigo's 3rd leg against 20-something this time);
- They're playing for more 15/20% of the usual audience per show.

Plus, for the amount they require for a show (I know it's expensive - maybe cut 10% on the bling bling and add more on real quality), 23 songs is always too little.

Sherry Darling" by request came before the request-portion-proper, and brought all three accordionists down front... eventually. When Nils needed a little extra time to get strapped in, Bruce asked Charlie and Roy to vamp a bit: "We have to take a little break... A little break music!" "Lady of Spain" first, then "Hava Nagila" before the trio was set for "Sherry." "We don't have the big stage," said Bruce, "but you're not gonna see this at the U2 show!"

Boss sums it up pretty well.

:wink:

Does the average Bruce show have any internal thematic consistency to it whatsoever? I have my complaints about Chicago 1, but I can't deny that it flowed beautifully and was very motif-heavy.

Does the average Bruce show have any internal thematic consistency to it whatsoever? I have my complaints about Chicago 1, but I can't deny that it flowed beautifully and was very motif-heavy.
U2's whole catalogue is pretty big and versatile, so they can easily manipulate it to fit in the thematic (and the respective theme blocs of the show. The expensive-concept and the existance of a theme is not an excuse either.

It would rule as an encore opener, and imagine the sort of impressive lighting that could accompany it on this tour. I think it'd be right at home in that sort of slot.

U2, you know you want to play this in Australia.

totally agree, when i first heard this song i was saying how great of an encore song it would be. love this song

Since they are experimenting with the opening section these days, it would be a good time now to bring it as an opener.

Agree totally that U2 should be playing longer shows. Should be 2.5 hours minimum.

U2 have said in the past that they don't like to do shows much more than 2 hours, because they find the audience starts to lose it's energy after that point (I guess we're all gettin' old....). Personally, I suspect that Larry and Bono in particular may struggle with performing for more than 2 hours.....

Back
Top Bottom