Know what the band should do to make up for having to postpone the tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Since today was going to be the opening of the North American tour in 2010 and due to Bono's back troubles, I think U2 should post what the setlist was going to be tonight. Or at least give us some hints as to what the new opener or some of the songs played on opening night would've been.

Who agrees?

Make up? Make up? They don't have to make up for anything! :huh: Wtf? It's not like Bono broke his bloody beck on fuckin' PURPOSE. It's a shit situation but shit happens. You can't seriously blame the band for this. :|

I don't want to know, because my sneaking suspicion was that it was going to be unhappily similar to the fall's setlists.

*Not "unhappily" because it was bad, just disappointing because a lot of people were hoping for a shake-up*

I don't want to know, because my sneaking suspicion was that it was going to be unhappily similar to the fall's setlists.

*Not "unhappily" because it was bad, just disappointing because a lot of people were hoping for a shake-up*

If they wanted to be really disappointing to fans what they should do is release a setlist for each postponed show and make each of them completely different -- and with loads of rarities.

Fans would love it!

...and then would be horribly upset when at their actual shows the band didn't play wildly different setlists every night. :lol:

Ha! That would be both hilarious and mean if they did that.

"Oh yeah, we were going to debut Acrobat in Seattle. Now, it just seems inappropriate to do a song called Acrobat when Bono's got such troubles. He most certainly must NOT be an acrobat."

"Oh yeah, we were going to debut Acrobat in Seattle. Now, it just seems inappropriate to do a song called Acrobat when Bono's got such troubles. He most certainly must NOT be an acrobat."

:yes: :evil:

What for? So that you just end up pissed off that they did or did not play certain songs?

What for? So that you just end up pissed off that they did or did not play certain songs?

yep! And that would make for some really wild threads here. And that would entertain us while the tour is postponed. :)

Ok, so it would drive you nuts. But it would be fun for us! :D

I've seen some bad ideas in here but this one has to come in as one of the top 3.

First of all, how does reading a setlist "make up" for anything? And secondly, why ruin the actual first 2010 show?

:doh:

I would be happy with a nice demo/rehearsal version of the "new song" they were going to do.

Of course only for paying members of u2.com :)

is there going to be a non-setlist party from 9-11 mountain time where someone keeps a list of the songs that aren't played tonight?

Make up? Make up? They don't have to make up for anything! :huh: Wtf? It's not like Bono broke his bloody beck on fuckin' PURPOSE. It's a shit situation but shit happens. You can't seriously blame the band for this. :|

I agree.....U2 has absolutely nothing to make up for. Bono has had back problems for years. And never wanting to disappoint his listeners. Has performed anyway. Regardless, of what kind of pain he was suffering. Anyone of us here, myself included, who has had a back injury (torn ligament, bulging disc and compressed Sciatic Nerve, etc.) can tell you exactly what it is like.

As the story goes.....his recent injury only exasperated an existing problem. I am thrilled, Bono is walking again. It really could have gone the other way.

A bone fragment in the spinal canal is very serious problem and always requires emergency surgery. If not. You can end up in a wheel chair for life. Especially, if it damages the spinal cord nerves. This is pretty much, irreversible.

God bless Bono. He will make a full recovery. But, it will take time.

:lmao:
This would be the best/worst setlist party ever.

:lol:I cannot even begin to imagine what a disaster Interference would be if that happened. It'd be riots everywhere.

:angry::madwife: GRAB THEM PITCHFORKS Y'ALL!

I agree with an earalier post that they don't really have to "make up" for anything. its not like an intentional act on U2's part. This was an accident.

I'm as dissapointed as the next person since I had extremly nice seats and now will not get to see them for a while.

At the same time, I hope they use this forced time off to work on and maybe finish new material so we can have a new album by the time they hit the road again.

I talked with Dallas before Boston 2. Apparently, the band decides on the setlist in the hour before each show. 30 minutes before Boston 2, he said they changed the setlist 4 times already and during our conversation I saw a new list being distributed.

I talked with Dallas before Boston 2. Apparently, the band decides on the setlist in the hour before each show. 30 minutes before Boston 2, he said they changed the setlist 4 times already and during our conversation I saw a new list being distributed.
All in favor of getting someone from here to disguise themselves as official staff in order to circulate fake setlists...

EDIT:
Was that the show where they started with Magnificent? I could see that discussion taking many changes, but I can't imagine it takes them more than ten seconds to have the following conversation:

"So ... any changes?"

"Um ... we could add Bad."

"That it?"

"Sure."

"Awesome. Wake me up in twenty minutes."
This conversation should happen before EVERY U2 show. Bad = :love:

Was that the show where they started with Magnificent? I could see that discussion taking many changes, but I can't imagine it takes them more than ten seconds to have the following conversation:

"So ... any changes?"

"Um ... we could add Bad."

"That it?"

"Sure."

"Awesome. Wake me up in twenty minutes."

Oh seriously... this must be so hard. The decision most nights is to copy and paste the setlist from the previous show which itself is a copy and paste from the previous show etc... Decisions decisions! They could get one of the truck drivers to do it.

Oh seriously... this must be so hard. The decision most nights is to copy and paste the setlist from the previous show which itself is a copy and paste from the previous show etc... Decisions decisions! They could get one of the truck drivers to do it.

maybe they use a cheap printer and won't go on until each individual setlist is printed straight on the page, not crooked at all.

that's more likely than them considering different songs.

Don't the Avett Brothers always do wildly different setlists. They're probably looking for fans. :)

Back
Top Bottom