Is Ultraviolet permanantly gone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
Am I the only one who prefers Ultraviolet (x 10) to HMTMKMKM live in the encore slot?

I mean I love hold me but Ultraviolet is one of their best songs! (IMO). For those who have attended different shows with both HMTM and UV, was there a noticeably better response from the crowd for HMTM? Do you guys think that it will be absent for the rest of the tour (since its been missing since Mexico II) and go the way of the Unforgettable Fire (RIP)?

I really hope it makes a return for Miami :pray:

Anaheim and Montreal might get it. (ie cities with 2 shows where 360 hasn't been through before.

Otherwise, I think your out of luck.

Am I the only one who prefers Ultraviolet (x 10) to HMTMKMKM live in the encore slot?

I mean I love hold me but Ultraviolet is one of their best songs! (IMO). For those who have attended different shows with both HMTM and UV, was there a noticeably better response from the crowd for HMTM? Do you guys think that it will be absent for the rest of the tour (since its been missing since Mexico II) and go the way of the Unforgettable Fire (RIP)?

I really hope it makes a return for Miami :pray:

I really love that song. I would've loved to had heard it last night here in Edmonton. But I dunno, HMTMKMKM was pretty good live too. So perhaps one day there will be room for both of them in a set

Odds are it will probably return for Anaheim II, though I'd much prefer The Fly. We all got to experience UV back in '09 so it's had its time in North America. I've never experienced HMTMKMKM live, and personally I cannot wait to hear it.

Anaheim and Montreal might get it. (ie cities with 2 shows where 360 hasn't been through before.

Otherwise, I think your out of luck.

This. Minus the grammatical errors. :tongue:

Personally, good riddance. Wish they'd been doing HMTMKMKM from the start.

I like both songs, but definitely lean UV. I think UV has a better light/stage show, but not as good of a crowd response as HMTMKMKM.

I agree that probably only Anaheim and Montreal will get UV--too bad the U.S. and Canada didn't get a few more 2nd nights this leg.

Ultraviolet is my favorite song. So naturally I prefer to hear it. HMetcetera is a good song in my opinion, but I don't like it nearly as much UV. And UV->WOWY works really well.

I expect UV to be played in Anaheim and Montreal, and then never again.

I prefer HMTMKMKM
but I thought Ultraviolet did a far better job at that position in the setlist

I really wish they'd just play both. It wouldn't kill them to play an extra song in the encore.

I really wish they'd just play both. It wouldn't kill them to play an extra song in the encore.

In Winnipeg, they didn't even finish the encore!:angry::wink:

I loved seeing HMTMKMKM, but UV is my fav, and I am so glad I am doing Montreal 1 and 2.

As much as I love UV, I don't think it's coming back until the 2nd nighters in Anaheim and Montreal, unfortunately - in my case since I've been wanting to see it live. Though I'm really excited to see HMTMKMKM live, as it's also a favorite of mine.

But as it has been said, it doesn't kill adding an extra song in the encore (e.g. Horsens II). But with the current set, there went my chances.

UV in Miami 2011!!

Amen! Miami is the only time I will get to see them this tour so they better decide to play both (or UV) :pray:

I just love UV because the guitar is just a total rush of ambient noise that I want to get enveloped in live. HMTM doesnt have that same effect but its more 'kick ass', - Ill take the guitar noise of UV over it any day though!

zooropop40 said:
Amen! Miami is the only time I will get to see them this tour so they better decide to play both (or UV) :pray:

I just love UV because the guitar is just a total rush of ambient noise that I want to get enveloped in live. HMTM doesnt have that same effect but its more 'kick ass', - Ill take the guitar noise of UV over it any day though!

I'll see you in Miami too :D Will be my first ever U2 show, don't care if they play one or the other, but both would be just amazing - and I hope they play both. HMTM is really kick-ass but UV is mind-blowing and "beautiful".

Having heard them both now, I prefer UV. It was my favorite song of the whole set. HMTM is great too, but I'd take UV over it any day.

I like both songs, but definitely lean UV. I think UV has a better light/stage show, but not as good of a crowd response as HMTMKMKM.

I agree that probably only Anaheim and Montreal will get UV--too bad the U.S. and Canada didn't get a few more 2nd nights this leg.

This.

I certainly was glad HMTMKMKM was brought back, and it was good to have it in the set. However, it's working nowhere near as well as UV did. Plus, I think UV is the better song.

If they're not going to play both(which I think most of us, myself included, would say is ideal), then I don't think UV should get the ax over HMTMKMKM.

Realistically, given what's already been pointed out by others here about the 09 NA leg staple status of UV, it will only appear in Montreal and Anaheim.

Oh, well. I really have very few complaints about the current set, would have found the axing of UV to be a lot more offensive back in 2009 when they were, in my opinion, playing some of the worst set lists of their career.

I certainly was glad HMTMKMKM was brought back, and it was good to have it in the set. However, it's working nowhere near as well as UV did.

How not? The crowd response for HMTMKMKM is noticeably greater than that for UV. In terms of working as the second encore opener, it's self-evidently doing the job better. And it works much better with the taped intro than UV did with any of its intros, which seemed to have precious little to do with the song.

playing some of the worst set lists of their career.

In part due to UV. :tongue:

I go back to the NA opener, Chicago Night 2:
The women next to me in the stands was having the time of her life seeing U2 for the first time. UV cranks up to open the encore, and she gets up to go to the bathroom. :shrug:

I love UV, but for some reason HMTMKMKM connects with the crowd more. I just wish it had better lighting to go with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom