Is this tour frustrating you? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Is this tour frustrating you?

Dear fellow INTERFERENCERS.

In the last couple of years there have been (wonderfull) debats between us, the people who clearly love the band, for so long, about new songs, setlists, Bono's hair etc. For the first time (although I have been very critical of the band the last 7 to 8 years) I notice that I get more and more "frustrated" with the decisions the band makes when it commes to songselection on the album as well as on tour etc.

Be honest and ask yourself: are there wrinkles appearing on your U2 appreciation face or are you still the 100% devotee you have allways been and they can do no more wrong/right then they used to do?

I am clearly in the first category. There is still a lot of love but a lot less marvel if you know what I mean.

I am curious

Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
45:33

Local Time: 04:28 AM
in my opinion if people who are sitting thousands of miles away are getting frustrated and wound up etc over whatever, then they really need to just step away from here for a while.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 07:28 PM
I know I'm hating Live Nation's interference more and more.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:58 AM
It's not U2 that have changed so much, it's the fucking INTERNET!!!! I keep saying this, having instant access to every little teeny weeny piece of information/setlist/photo/Bono fart is taking the mystique of things. I've been a fan for centuries, back in the dim dark past I had to wait for 3 month old NMEs and Melody Makers to find out set lists, tour info, what Bono's mullet looked like.

Now if I so want to, I know instantly. And most of the time, I don't, don't read the set lists, don't follow the set list parties, I only read the whinging threads, they're fun
Old 10-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
It's not U2 that have changed so much, it's the fucking INTERNET!!!! I keep saying this, having instant access to every little teeny weeny piece of information/setlist/photo/Bono fart is taking the mystique of things. I've been a fan for centuries, back in the dim dark past I had to wait for 3 month old NMEs and Melody Makers to find out set lists, tour info, what Bono's mullet looked like.

Now if I so want to, I know instantly. And most of the time, I don't, don't read the set lists, don't follow the set list parties, I only read the whinging threads, they're fun

sicy, you're awesome.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sicy??? yeah she's awesome, but..
Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Does this mean you get to ban people?

God that would be fun!

(uh... but remember -- you like me. )
Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:

While I understand your argument the last two tours have been in the internet age and they haven't frustrated me like this one. I think it's the potential of that stage and the dropping of new songs that is frustrating. Also, hearing that Drowning Man had been rehearsed!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
oh, i agree with your point entirely i was just thanking sicy for adding that cute smiley.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:28 PM
So BEG doesn't get to ban people?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
Galeonbroad

That thing is awesome!!

And yeah, I'm totally frustrated. But not with U2. More with their fans. To me this new album is awesome, so much better than the last two. I loved seeing it all live and to me I even enjoyed songs like SBS, Streets and *gasp* even WOWY. I'm getting more and more sick and tired of the same people always bitching whatever U2 do. They change setlists, add obscure songs, and STILL it's not enough. The bitching will continue whatever U2 do. I'd bet if U2 started playing a set full of rarities without warhorses these people would be the first to complain.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
So BEG doesn't get to ban people?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
And yeah, I'm totally frustrated. But not with U2. More with their fans. To me this new album is awesome, so much better than the last two. I loved seeing it all live and to me I even enjoyed songs like SBS, Streets and *gasp* even WOWY. I'm getting more and more sick and tired of the same people always bitching whatever U2 do. They change setlists, add obscure songs, and STILL it's not enough. The bitching will continue whatever U2 do. I'd bet if U2 started playing a set full of rarities without warhorses these people would be the first to complain.
oh, exactly. if u2 started playing clubs alongside the 360 tour, people would start moaning that drowning man was being played every night. they can't win. basically, so many people want u2 to become something they've never been re: setlists. it ain't gonna change.

i will admit, there are some things that bug me a bit about the tour - they've got an amazing stage and they aren't doing everything they can with it, plus they're playing songs i don't much care for (now, when i saw them in chicago it was another story, sort of) so if i was seeing them tomorrow i'd be a bit bummed internet or not.

overall, i love this tour. i'd love to see it reach it's full potential (in my opinion), but even now it's still one of their best tours. i love it so much.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:50 AM   #14
Galeonbroad

Agreed fully Ian. They just can't win.

And yeah, the only minor thing I'd like to see them change is adding more songs that fit the claw. IE Gone, The Fly, Mofo or Discotheque. That would really really rock. Perhaps SUC would be nice live. but that's all things I"d like to hear. I don't get frustrated when I don't, because in the end, what's the use? It's not like me getting frustrated will change anything since the band decide what they play.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 10-14-2009, 04:53 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Agreed fully Ian. They just can't win.

And yeah, the only minor thing I'd like to see them change is adding more songs that fit the claw. IE Gone, The Fly, Mofo or Discotheque. That would really really rock. Perhaps SUC would be nice live. but that's all things I"d like to hear. I don't get frustrated when I don't, because in the end, what's the use? It's not like me getting frustrated will change anything since the band decide what they play.
exactly. i think after unknown caller (rip ) stand up comedy is such a surprising song to not be playing. you're right too, there's no point really getting upset about it. it may really annoy me that they keep playing elevation and stuck in a moment, but i can't do anything about it.