Is this tour frustrating you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what i don't understand is how some folks think a set list varies as a result of minor tweaks. I think we all agree that the US setlists after Chicago and Toronto have been almost carbon copies of each other. That's fine, not much argument there. But then I always read the inexplicable corollary that the European 360 shows had varied setlists. Why? because those valuable 7-8 slots sometimes mixed it up between the same five or six songs - desire, aoh, es, stay, etc.?

When I can predict 90% of a setlist night after night after night (yes, for the european shows) without any change to speak of during the encore...well to me that is not set list variety. I'm not condemning it; U2 is what U2 is and I don't have other expectations. I just don't get the whole camp that thinks the european shows had variety other than when compared to the US shows.

Exactly.

i just think that there are people here that will naturally see everything in a negative light and look for flaws in everything.

It's interesting that you say that because I feel that you see only the negative in posts that are provided as constructive criticism or as tough love...

First of all, you did not put frustrated in "quotations" in the title and honestly whether you use "quotations" or not it still comes off as "complaining" for the sake of "complaining". That's great that this is all your "opinion" and all but to act all shocked and surprised when people do not like your "opinion" seems pretty "narrow-minded" if you ask me... but that is just my "opinion"...

I am not shocked, neither am i surprised. It was a legitimate question that I wanted to ask because I feel this way. I can honestly say that the word narrowminded is not something you would use when it comes to me if you would know me personally, and I can say this without any hesitating and I do not mean this arrogant.Sometimes it difficult to express you feelings without misinterpretation by others. Not that is other peoples fault, it is just the way it works.

Concerning the tour. The second leg is almost over and I feel it is safe to say that in comparrison to the first two legs of the last tour (which I loved by the way allthough I didnt really care for the record) the setlists are very safe and stale and this is an understatement.

What I do not get sometimes is the "hatred" from people when you tell them the band doesn't affect you as much as it used to and that you feel they have lost their edge. Is is MY loss not of the people that are defending for the sake of God knows what. I wish I had my band back, the one I play like crazy and that I would defend against people like I am now apparently. In other words: I hate myself :|

:wink:

take care :wave:

What I do not get sometimes is the "hatred" from people when you tell them the band doesn't affect you as much as it used to and that you feel they have lost their edge. Is is MY loss not of the people that are defending for the sake of God knows what. I wish I had my band back, the one I play like crazy and that I would defend against people like I am now apparently. In other words: I hate myself :|

Don't worry zwervers, there's a whole bunch of us who share your opinion. In my opinion, some are determined to believe that U2 can do no wrong and expect Bono to give them a cookie.

Don't worry zwervers, there's a whole bunch of us who share your opinion. In my opinion, some are determined to believe that U2 can do no wrong and expect Bono to give them a cookie.

2 or 3 people in one thread = whole bunch
Interesting math there.

I'm not sharing my cookies with you, that's for sure.

It's interesting that you say that because I feel that you see only the negative in posts that are provided as constructive criticism or as tough love...

then you obviously haven't read all of my posts. how old are you, by the way? how many shows have you seen? could you please provide proof?

No, the negativity on this forum is frustrating me.

I don't follow the tour closesly because a. I'm not very much interested in what they're doing right now, since I cannot go to any show and b. I have other things to do.

My life is frustrating enough. U2 are not part of that frustration.

then you obviously haven't read all of my posts. how old are you, by the way? how many shows have you seen? could you please provide proof?

All I'm saying is that you always tend to see the negative in my posts (and like zwervers, I'm coming from a good place... a "tough love" place). But, let's not turn this into an argument between you and I...

um....it's really hard not to after the last time you and i debated about something. i don't think accusing someone of lying about going to a concert and then making fun of them because of their age is "coming from a good place". i'll leave it at that and i'll stay out of this thread from here.

um....it's really hard not to after the last time you and i debated about something. i don't think accusing someone of lying about going to a concert and then making fun of them because of their age is "coming from a good place". i'll leave it at that and i'll stay out of this thread from here.

You really should clarify because to post that and leave it up to interpretation is really weak. I have no idea what you're talking about or who you're referring to... who made fun of who because of their age? Not me. The only age-related query I've seen is your recent one.

Again, you really should follow-up. You can't post something unfounded like that and say "I won't post anymore in this thread".

I thought mikal wasnt going to post here anymo.. ah well yeah once you go blue crack you can never go back.

This tour is frustrating me because I STILL have not seen a show yet. 9 more days :angry:

I will just be grateful to see my favorite band play some songs. Too bad everyone cant feel that way.

Is posting in this thread a prerequisite to having this opinion?

It's Bono that has the cookies, not you.

Probably yes. How else would you know people share your opinion?

Look, I'm not saying you're wrong having the opinion you have. I'm just saying that it's obvious the majority does not agree with you.

And you're wrong there. He just gave me his cookies and has to wait for a new batch himself. So he doesn't have any cookies atm.

:drool: Chocolate chip.

I'm just saying that it's obvious the majority does not agree with you.

Doesn't that require the same leap of logic of which you accuse me? You're speaking for people that haven't posted. Or, are you only referring to the "majority" in this particular thread? To that, I'd reply that there's a whole bunch of reasons why people may not have had the op to post in this thread. To compensate, I can bring info learned elsewhere (other threads) into this thread... it seems to me that "setlist complaints" are commonplace.

And you're wrong there. He just gave me his cookies and has to wait for a new batch himself. So he doesn't have any cookies atm.

:drool: Chocolate chip.

Bono enjoys the way I challenge the band... he is preparing some oatmeal cookies for me as we speak.

For all of us who love to watch setlists on a computer screen it's really fucking frustrating and we deserve more. Bono owes me, I've given him a great life, he owes me variety for when I read them. They owe me b-sides, they owe me longer sets who cares if that's what they've been doing for 30 years it's time they fucking man up. I'm sick and tired of Edge's leatherman micphone bullshit. I'm tired of Adam Clayton's posh collars. And I'm just flat out tired of Larry. Why haven't they fired Paul? They've made enough money. Musicians shouldn't be rich, they should be clueless when it comes to politics yet they should always be angry at politicians but without really doing anything for that's lame. U2 should just be Radiohead. Why can't they just be Radiohead. Radiohead rulz. Thom is the greatest singer on the planet, he's like sex on toast.

For all of us who love to watch setlists on a computer screen it's really fucking frustrating and we deserve more. Bono owes me, I've given him a great life, he owes me variety for when I read them. They owe me b-sides, they owe me longer sets who cares if that's what they've been doing for 30 years it's time they fucking man up. I'm sick and tired of Edge's leatherman micphone bullshit. I'm tired of Adam Clayton's posh collars. And I'm just flat out tired of Larry. Why haven't they fired Paul? They've made enough money. Musicians shouldn't be rich, they should be clueless when it comes to politics yet they should always be angry at politicians but without really doing anything for that's lame. U2 should just be Radiohead. Why can't they just be Radiohead. Radiohead rulz. Thom is the greatest singer on the planet, he's like sex on toast.

Message from Bono:

"BVS... thx for the sarcastic post that put all in their place. Please advise on cookie preference and postal situation.

Yours,

B"

Doesn't that require the same leap of logic of which you accuse me? You're speaking for people that haven't posted. Or, are you only referring to the "majority" in this particular thread? To that, I'd reply that there's a whole bunch of reasons why people may not have had the op to post in this thread. To compensate, I can bring info learned elsewhere (other threads) into this thread... it seems to me that "setlist complaints" are commonplace.

Bono enjoys the way I challenge the band... he is preparing some oatmeal cookies for me as we speak.

Do you only read threads in the setlist forum or also on the rest of the forum? Since, I can safely say I speak for the majority of the people who post on Interference.

following your own logic Bono wouldn't give you cookies. You are not sheep enough.

BVS :love:

:lol:

For every complaint I make online, he sends me one less cookie, so I really need to watch myself. :(

I think he's sometimes OK with constructive criticism, too much can be overwhelming I guess. I haven't seen my cookie supply dwindle, perhaps you've been overly-harsh? In event, I'd be happy to send some of my oatmeal cookies your way.

Do you only read threads in the setlist forum or also on the rest of the forum? Since, I can safely say I speak for the majority of the people who post on Interference.

With all due respect, I doubt it.

following your own logic Bono wouldn't give you cookies. You are not sheep enough.

I've expounded on criteria for receiving Bono cookies...

The tour doesn't frustrate me, and I absolutely cannot wait to see them myself.
The same predictable usernames always coming in and whining about the band/tour/setlist to anyone who will listen definitely do though. I hate having to weed through those posts just to get to someone who actually attended the show and loved every second of it. So annoying!

evening BVS :wave:

the funny thing is, with the exception of Adam's coat, clueless musicians, Thom being the greatest and the sex on toast remark I actually agree on the rest.

I HATE that mic :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom