Is The 360 Tour The New "Pop" Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the amount of tickets floating about for very little cash is hilarious. I couldn't shift a GA for Croke 1!! and i'm watching pairs of £85 tickets for as little as £40.

Still can't call the tour a flop though

Oh I agree it shows how bad some of these reviewers are but it also says that for whatever reason, NLOTH isn't garnering the same response. It's a shame and yes, I agree with you that it's utterly wrong-headed but that's how it is.

Also note that Metacritic reviews are all from right around when the albums were released, ATYCLB and HTDAAB are both much more obvious in their successes and flaws to the listener, many fans and plenty of reviewers (even some who have negative or mixed reviews posted there) have said how NLOTH isn't as easy to wrap your head around, its not on the level of JT and AB, but its something that takes longer to digest. So the fact that the aggregate score from right around its release is lower, doesn't mean its derided or written off in comparison.

Also, CT seems likely to make the NLOTH comparison to Pop having no songs remembered by the public untrue.

people calling this tour a failure are idiots. plain and simple.
That this is their worst tour in temrs of passion, emotion, power, relevance etc since ehmmmm ever is a shame but inevitable.

The last time I listened to NLOTH was in march by the way. A damn shame but I guess SOA will be what NLOTH should have been. A KICK ASS RECORD

That this is their worst tour in temrs of passion, emotion, power, relevance etc since ehmmmm ever is a shame but inevitable.

The last time I listened to NLOTH was in march by the way. A damn shame but I guess SOA will be what NLOTH should have been. A KICK ASS RECORD

:| wow yet another negative post by zwervers2 what a suprise.

how can you say its there worst tour for passion, emotion and power?, and isnt having 16 sold out shows being relevent enough for you? and IMO NLOTH is just fine thanks.

Now I'm convinced this tour sucks. Who wants my tickets? :wave:

So this poster has a point. I don't agree that this is POP part two though, because people still talk about Pop and this tour has been forgotten already.

people have already forgotten about this tour? Its getting pretty good reviews and its sold a bunch of tickets...could go on to be one of the highest grossing ever.

With an average crowd so far of about 80,000 it is shaping up to be a total calamity.

:doh:

My thoughts exactly.

I am sorry.... but just because some venues still show available tickets it doesn't actually mean thousands of available tickets. Been to 3 venues on this tour, 3 cities... and... well - looked pretty damn packed to me!! And certainly didn't seem like a bad show, nor have a read a bad review about the tour so far. So :hmm:

:| wow yet another negative post by zwervers2 what a suprise.

how can you say its there worst tour for passion, emotion and power?, and isnt having 16 sold out shows being relevent enough for you? and IMO NLOTH is just fine thanks.

Could you please explain to me the negatisme in my post?

First of all I said that anyone who call this tour a failure is an idiot.
Second I didnt say this is a bad concert, it is not.It is a very good one but I realy do not think that this holds a candle to the vertigoshows, let alone the elevationshows and lets not even begin a debate about pop, zoo, lovetown, JT because with all due respect, it just isnt that great as that.

What you keep failing to understand is the difference between bitching and seeing things differently but apparently you can not have a discussion here on this board anymore. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion but some people constantly acting as U2's lifeguard and see negativity in everything that "atttacks "THEIR band.

I don't even know why I keep defending myself to people who didnt see zootv for instance because of age ( it is not their fault) but I will say one thing, I find it unbelievable and hard to believe that U2 HAS to play certain songs to keep an audience interested. If you do not know their cataloque, what the hell are doing there anyway and why should longlife fans be to blame for wanting something different when THEY (WE) are the ones that actually made this band. Not the "oh U2 is in town, Beautifull day" people.

I hate to say it but U2 is slowly becomming a nostalgia act like the stones and with relevance I mean the relvance to the music scene. NLOTH isnt scoring too good, the singles have ZERO impact and that is strange for a band that has such a well known name and a large fanbase.I still think they missed out big time with NLOTH and it could have sounded so much better. SOA will be the record NLTOH could have been I guess.

As a fan you are entitled to NOTHING and U2 can do as they please ,it is their music and I decide to go to a concert or buy the record. If I feel that "they have a kick ass monster in the garden but they are feeding it dogbisquites"let me say that without you or some other persons constant berating like I am some little child with zero knowledge, zero taste.

But zwervers2 your posts always come across as if your opinion is more valid than anyone elses, you go on about NLOTH not scoring to well but your not looking at the facts, its the biggest selling album of the year wordwide upto now, how on earth is that not scoring to well?, as for the singles not have any impact thats just not true either, after each single here in the UK the album has seen a rise in position and sales, so imo that is a single having an impact on an album,

and there will be some people who find this tour to be better than ZooTv, of course there will, and they dont really need you to keep telling them otherwise, just because "you where there".

Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling this tour will blow Elevation and Vertigo away easily once it's all over and the initial media reaction is far better than Popmart.

But zwervers2 your posts always come across as if your opinion is more valid than anyone elses, you go on about NLOTH not scoring to well but your not looking at the facts, its the biggest selling album of the year wordwide upto now, how on earth is that not scoring to well?, as for the singles not have any impact thats just not true either, after each single here in the UK the album has seen a rise in position and sales, so imo that is a single having an impact on an album,

and there will be some people who find this tour to be better than ZooTv, of course there will, and they dont really need you to keep telling them otherwise, just because "you where there".

I have never said my points are more valid. I have never told anyone that their opinion is not valid. I have never insulted anyone by calling him narrowminded and I do not berate anyone who has a different opinion except for maybe a girl with a horn but she just drives me crazy sometimes :)
I love this band and sometimes it is a bit difficult to get the feelign from someone on a blue screen that you are not. Remember: love als includes critisme, otherwise it is adoration

I still feel that 3.3 million copies is very poor for U2. And crisis or not, they are now in the salesleague of Lady Gaga for Christ sake, that IS a fact.
Could you provide me with the singles sales for Boots, magnificent and crazy compared to vertigo, blinding lights and SYCMIOYO?

That I think I am right doesn't make you wrong..

I am not telling them, that is my opinion. What I think is extremly annoying is the fact that a lot of people are saying that this tour is better than pop or zootv while they havent attended those shows live. When I "complain" about the setlist you get the "you have to be there to fully appreciate it" excuse however. You can see where I am going with this I hope

You can call me anything you want, at least I am consistent :wink:

Well what about the people who have attended 25 shows or more (including ZooTv and Popmart) that are saying this is the best they have seen?

and as for lady gaga of course she sells more, she has a wider appeal than a rock band, she appeals to teenagers alot more than U2 will, lets wait until KOL, or coldplay release a new album during these times and then compare, plus add ATYCLB and HTDAAB where released during a holiday season, and benifited hugely from the grammys in the US.

and yes your correct boots and mag both flopped sales wise, but there is no denying that they did have an affect on the album, and its a bit early to rule crazy out, its had a promosing start yet and it isnt even release as a single download until monday here in the UK.

Well what about the people who have attended 25 shows or more (including ZooTv and Popmart) that are saying this is the best they have seen?

that is the: this was the best holiday ever remark when you just came back but after few months the initial excitement wears down just like with some records and you release that it actualy wasnt that great compared to your earlier holidays :wink:

and as for lady gaga of course she sells more, she has a wider appeal than a rock band, she appeals to teenagers alot more than U2 will, lets wait until KOL, or coldplay release a new album during these times and then compare, plus add the last 2 U2 albums where released during a holiday season, and benifited hugely from the grammys in the US.
So teenagers are the ones who buy records nowadays? That IS a new development.

and yes your correct boots and mag both flopped sales wise, but there is no denying that they did have an affect on the album, and its a bit early to rule crazy out, its had a promosing start yet and it isnt even release as a single download until monday here in the UK.
Crazy wont be a hit (Fact :)). I hope for the lads that it will be but let's face it. This is not the earthmoving song that people will rush to the store for.

In general, going to a U2 concert is like sex. Bare with me for a moment. Zootv was the most gourgeous woman in the club ending up in your lucky arms for a fantastic night. 360 is a nice girl that you end up having a nice couple of years with. Both have their appeal, but when it comms to rockshow I prefer the hot one night stand. I am happily married now with a beautiful girl so...ehmmm..I must be in the elevationstage or something :)

at least you come up with good points! :up:

that is the: this was the best holiday ever remark when you just came back but after few months the initial excitement wears down just like with some records and you release that it actualy wasnt that great compared to your earlier holidays :wink:
......................................................................................................
I'll take that as sarcastic :wink:

So teenagers are the ones who buy records nowadays? That IS a new development.
.....................................................................................................
I didnt say teenagers are the only ones who buy records, because of course they are not, HOWEVER, how many people who are into U2 would actually go out and buy lady gaga? infact how many rock bands are up there with lady gaga at present? (i am talking albums released this year).

Crazy wont be a hit (Fact :)). I hope for the lads that it will be but let's face it. This is not the earthmoving song that people will rush to the store for.

IMHO i still think crazy has a chance of becoming a hit single (fact :wink:)
.....................................................................................................
In general, going to a U2 concert is like sex. Bare with me for a moment. Zootv was the most gourgeous woman in the club ending up in your lucky arms for a fantastic night. 360 is a nice girl that you end up having a nice couple of years with. Both have their appeal, but when it comms to rockshow I prefer the hot one night stand. I am happily married now with a beautiful girl so...ehmmm..I must be in the elevationstage or something :)
......................................................................................................
And again we come back to opinions and tastes being subjective, someone may find the nice girl to be better looking than the girl you find to be gergeous, or may not like girls full stop and are actully into lady gaga and buying her albums :|

still not sure how to do the muti quote thing by the way ;)

[

still not sure how to do the muti quote thing by the way ;)

I finally figured it out after 5 long years. like you said, it is subjective but I think I said that wit hthe "both have their appeal" remark.

IN conclusion: I am not a mean person :) Okay I complain (i HATE the bitchword), but that is only because I expect the very best from my favourite band and sometimes I feel that they do not deliver as well as they could. My opinion of course and lets be honest. My wife and I want to go to new zealand, if they play there it would be FANTASTIC even if they would play Boots x16..:up:

I still feel that 3.3 million copies is very poor for U2. And crisis or not, they are now in the salesleague of Lady Gaga for Christ sake, that IS a fact.
Could you provide me with the singles sales for Boots, magnificent and crazy compared to vertigo, blinding lights and SYCMIOYO?

This is just you not knowing the current market...

This is just you not knowing the current market...

That's what you get when you get married, buy a house, record a record and work on your second novel I guess. My head hurts, give me a break :wink:

That's what you get when you get married, buy a house, record a record and work on your second novel I guess. My head hurts, give me a break :wink:

There are only two demographics that really buy music anymore.

Teenyboppers and Soccermoms, U2 only has one of those markets someone like Gaga has both. Teenyboppers have the disposable "income" and Soccermoms are left over from a generation where downloading wasn't the norm. Pretty soon that demo will be gone...

The demographic that used to be the demo that was sought after 20-30 somethings have dropped their actual buying dramatically, add a failing economy on top of that...

Back
Top Bottom