Is MOFO coming? Where is it going? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:32 PM
Is MOFO coming? Where is it going?

U2 gigs says the song itself(not the now familiar COBL snippet) was soundchecked (any help Ax??)

We know on Vertigo leg 3 they were about an inch from bringing it back. Are we there? Is it coming any night now? I have a feeling it is, given the fact that Boston 2 seemed to start a shake up in the set list!

Where in the set would a song like Hold me thrill me..., MOFO, Last Night On Earth, Even better...real thing or Discoteque fit? Do we need a middle encore? Or should U2 drop WOWY and open with one of these rockers into Ultraviolet>MOS?

Other thoughts?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:32 PM
I have a feeling that U2 are obsessed with the idea of revamping the current setlist, i sense restlessness, hence some of their behaviour in relation to the messing with the first 5 songs in recent nights, a mid tour crisis maybe?

I sense a change coming to the encore, maybe Mofo will fit in here, replacing Ultraviolet maybe?

Or possibly replace Vertigo or City Of Blinding Lights? Things are getting interesting, MoFo could certainly work together with Crazy Tonight Redanka.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 PM
They sure as hell better not mess with Ultraviolet. It's got to stay.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:32 PM
It can come to Vegas if it wants.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
U2 gigs says the song itself(not the now familiar COBL snippet) was soundchecked (any help Ax??)
The U2Start guys broke the news ... certainly makes sense to me, it explains why a lyric from it suddenly cropped up as a snippet.

(Makes you wonder about that ADWM snippet in UF late on the first leg too, huh ...)

Personally, I'm all for the encore being revamped. Replace Ultra Violet with a good song, i.e. Mofo, and replace WOWY with a song that the band can still perform well (and that sounds OK after Mofo).

Now, I may be talking out of my arse here, but I wonder if it'll come back in Raleigh to make up for the cancelled Popmart concert there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
It can come to Vegas if it wants.
..and stay for Pasadena
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:32 AM
I think it would go great with the Crazy Remix. So maybe they'll replace Vertigo with it.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 10:32 PM
Where is it? It's in the locked room of great stadium songs they'll never play again.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Mofo is overrated. There are hundreds of other songs I'd rather like to hear.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
I think it would go great with the Crazy Remix. So maybe they'll replace Vertigo with it.
I say play it between Vertigo and Crazy, and to make room, boot Elevation out from earlier in the main set.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:32 AM
I don't think they'll drop Vertigo, regardless of what people think, the casuals go bat shit crazy for it, and ultimately it works better than Elevation or Get on your Boots as a stadium rock track. City of Blinding Lights will probably be played every night, given that it's the biggest set piece light show in the set. If Mofo is played it'll be pretty early in the set.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I say play it between Vertigo and Crazy, and to make room, boot Elevation out from earlier in the main set.
absolutely...

Pride is out, next stop Elevation, then WOWY...
Old 09-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
Jim
Refugee

Local Time: 02:32 AM
Nah the ape-shit levels created by Vertigo / Crazy / Sunday are off the rickter scale.. Mofo in the middle would be too much. But it has to appear somewhere..dare I say it, interchange it with UV?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 PM
MOFO coming to Raleigh

I beleive the band will play MOFO for Raleigh as a nod to the canceled show from PopMart. (it was rehearsed in NJ last night) I would prefer Gone or Please.
How many folks are going that had tickets for Pop there?
I still have my ticket and think I will bring it along and try to get a autograph.
I remember seeing the stage setup in place before they canceled due to technical issues after DC storm. (Not that I beleive that as they had only sold 10,000 tickets or so) Claw will arrive on Sunday from NJ for assembly.
Raleigh is only city to ever have a show canceled by u2 if I am not mistaken. Even Austraila got a show when Adam was out misbehaving.......
Maybe they will bring out the lemon just for the kick of it... LOL
Old 09-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking.

I have a strong feeling Mofo will show up. This is the second tour in a row they've worked on it, and we all know that Bono loves it. Not to mention, it would fit in really well at that spot. The other spot I can see it fitting in really well is as a replacement to or right before Ultraviolet in the encore (preferably the latter).

Tags
mofo