Is anyone else upset that U2 have dropped The Returm of the Stringray Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stingray would be a great transition...kinda like Muse uses pieces of music in between songs to launch into something else. Have it go into something like I Will Follow or Out of Control without a break a few songs in the set and I think it would be epic.

Stingray was in my top 3 songs for the 360 tour - it f'ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! atmosphere when they come on is unbelievable - a very original / cool tune!

:drool:

yeah, it's really un-U2 and that's what I love about it. shame they ditched it, and there's ZERO chance of hearing it at glastonbury :lol:

if the forfeit's to show you've got some balls and open a show with an instrumental I hope they lose more often :wink:

my thoughts exactly! was hoping to hear stingray but if they're opening with EBTTRT and playing Zooropa, all is forgiven on this leg of the tour, america's just fucking lucky to be getting a whole extra leg :drool::drool:

gareth brown said:
my thoughts exactly! was hoping to hear stingray but if they're opening with EBTTRT and playing Zooropa, all is forgiven on this leg of the tour, america's just fucking lucky to be getting a whole extra leg :drool::drool:

a whole extra leg? wut?

after last night, I would still rather hear stingray, but as has been said previously, not with bd

i just walked in the door. i'm pulling my videos off my camera and they will be uploaded in the next couple of hours.

i was on the outside rail under the right speaker stack if you are looking at the stage.

i thought the show was awesome

it doesn't matter what they open with (we all have our preferences), once oddity starts, it's game on.

i heard the same show on friday night so there were no surprises.

it was nice to hear all i want is you

zooropa was awesome

those suits were a trip, but i think it looks kinda silly. i would be surprised if they keep them the rest of the way

really liked the will you still love me tomorrow snippet.

my clips turned out awesome. looking forward to getting them up.

a whole extra leg? wut?

forgive me I totally forgot that Europe had a second leg too last year!!! :ohmy: seems so long ago now

to rephrase, you guys are lucky the (usual) second US leg was delayed to the point that it falls in the middle of some really exciting setlist changes!

Back
Top Bottom