Interesting fact about Zooropa album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Adam and Larry have not performed ANY song from Zooropa since 10 December 1993, except for the one-off performance of The Wanderer in 2005.
Stay and First Time are the only songs to be played from it since Zoo TV's end, and all those versions have been Bono & Edge acoustic. I wonder if Adam and Larry even remember the album exists!

Zooropa: 3 times, in Glasgow and London
Babyface: 5 times, all in the UK
Numb: 33 times
Lemon: 10 times, all in Australia, NZ and Japan
Stay: 23 times full band on Zoo TV. Acoustic after that.
Crashed Car: 10 times, all in Australia, NZ and Japan
Some Days: NEVER
First Time: Only snippeted until 12 years later
Dirty Day: 10 times, all in Australia, NZ and Japan
Wanderer: 1 time, 12 years later for the Johnny Cash tribute

for some reason, i believe that the song "Zooropa" will be played this tour. yes, i know there haven't been any rehearsal reports or anything like that, but i just have this feeling.

for some reason, i believe that the song "Zooropa" will be played this tour. yes, i know there haven't been any rehearsal reports or anything like that, but i just have this feeling.

That would make me extremely happy, although I highly doubt it. But I'll buy stock in your feelings.

I can't complain... I was lucky enough to see The First Time live on its entirely. :drool:

Anyway, I don't know... both Larry and Adam seem to like this album. Maybe the band feel it doesn't work live without Zoo TV.

I guess its a special song for Adam, because Bono wrote the lyrics about him!

I personally think its an amazing song! sounds v different, dreamy and atmospheric,
a real hint at what was gonna follow on TUF!

You're right... it was once, in Chicago (third leg, first night).

I guess its a special song for Adam, because Bono wrote the lyrics about him!

This sounds like a PLEBA fan fic in the making...

Zooropa just isn't a strong album for live performances. I love the album, it's my favorite of U2's, but I am not at all surprised by these statistics.

I really like your feeling.

and I also would put Drowning Man in my top 20 or so :up:

I hope you're right:up: I was lucky enought to be at the Glasgow gig the first time this was ever played live. It's time it made an overdue comeback:hyper:

Actually, I looked it up and it's true, I guess Bono did write "Drowning Man" about Adam not being a part of the religious group U2 were in during the October era.

Sorry I took so long getting back to you on that,

I'm not sure where I heard it tbh, but yeah I guess you found it for yourself,
All of U2 except Adam had v strong Christian beliefs and this caused a tension between the band,

In the early days the band almost split up as they thought been in a band conflicted with there beliefs! Edge was about to leave but he was talked out of it by Bono.

I also heard (dunno if its true) that Adam had alot of problems in his personal life and Bono wrote the song about Adam's lack of faith, and if he just believed he would be saved.

Dunno if that's true but the lyrical context makes sense!

Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
I'll cross the sky for your love
For I have promised
Oh, to be with you tonight
And for the time that will come
Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
And I understand
These winds and tides
This change of times
Won't drag you away
Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, and don't let go
Of my love

The storms will pass...the storm will pass...
It won't be long now...it won't be long now...
This love will last
This love will last...forever

Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
Give you what I hold dear

Hold on, hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
Rise up, rise up
With wings like eagles
You run, you run
You run and not grow weary

...Take my hand, take my hand...
Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
To this love...last forever
To this love...last forever

Take my hand

Zooropa songs might need too much technology in order to play full band. That's probably the reason why they chose to play only acoustic stuff since 93 (First time and stay...) It's a shame, it's a great album (not 1 of my favourite), but it has some very complex-fun songs to be played live!

Considering they only ever played Lemon a handful of times, I thought it was a monumental live song. Imagine what it could be if they gave it a chance. The Lemon -> WOWY segue thats on the Zoo TV DVD is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom