If you heard the bootlegs or seen the show...how do you rank the NLOTH songs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1. Breathe
2. Crazy tonight
3. MOS
4. NLOTH
5. Boots/Magnificent

6. Unkown caller (I thought the "oh oh oh" chanting would work better ... )

1. Crazy Tonight
... fair bit of daylight ...
2. No Line On The Horizon
... bit more daylight ...
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Unknown Caller
6. Moment Of Surrender

... fucking lots of daylight ...

... yeah, more ...

70,000. Breathe

1. Moment of Surrender
2. Breathe
3. Magnificent
4. No Line on the Horizon
5. Unknown Caller
6. Crazy Tonight
7. Get on Your Boots

1: Breathe
2: Unknown Caller
3: Magnificent
4: No Line on The Horizon
5: Moment of Surrender
6: Get on Your Boots
7: Crazy Tonight

1. Crazy Tonight

Lots of awesomeness. It's all sorts of awesome.

2. Unknown Caller (The whole singalong worked brilliantly)
3. Get On Your Boots (It just rocks. Jump and forget about everything else)
4. Breathe (I like the drum intro)
5. No Line on the Horizon (Great song, works brilliantly live)
6. Magnificent (Still not my fave song, but it wasn't bad at all)
7. Moment of Surrender (Can't stand the studio version, but live it's not bad)

I don't think you can compare listening to bootlegs to seeing it live. At all.

just going by bootlegs here:

1. Crazy Tonight
2. Unknown Caller
3. GOYB
4. NLOTH
5. MOS
6. Magnificent
7. Breathe

axver, do you think it's possible the band could drop their opening song? lol!

i feel the same way about Breathe. it's not a bad song, but it is one of the more overrated U2 songs. i'd rather they open with something else and then give Fez-Being Born a try....or maybe an acoustic version of White As Snow.

Breathe is just plain boring. It feels like it's part of the intro music; besides Larry's intro, it hasn't got enough energy and means nothing to me. I consider NLOTH to be the "true" concert opener.

Breathe is just plain boring. It feels like it's part of the intro music; besides Larry's intro, it hasn't got enough energy and means nothing to me. I consider NLOTH to be the "true" concert opener.

yeah, i think Magnificent could work too. Breathe's beat is just not fast enough to be an opener. the first couple chords pump up the crowd, but judging by YouTube vids, it just seems like halfway through the song, the crowd is just begging for something more exciting.

From the youtube video.... (waiting like a lion in a cage for London1...:hyper:)

1. Crazy tonight REMIX (unreal to me with such a weak studio version)
2. NOOOO LINEEEE!!!! (Reminds me more and more of an AB song.... love it)
3. GOYB (found it great live, one of the highlight)
4. Moment of surrender (first 3.5 minutes)
5. Unknown caller
6. Magnificent (kind of disappointed actually....)
7. Breathe (besides Larry entrance, it sucks.... )

1. Crazy Tonight - the remix is excellent. Helps that it is played after COBL and Vertigo.

2. Moment of Surrender - Following Ultraviolet and WOWY certain aids it, but it's a great closer to the show.

3. NLOTH - The live version is much heavier and more rock-oriented than the album version

4. Magnificent - Might be better as the opener.

5. Breathe - A good opener and provides the backdrop to NLOTH

6. GYOB - Much better live than on the album

7. Unknown Caller - Decent live and gets the people singing, but it's more of a concert recovery song than anything else.

All the new songs are great live..

1.Breathe (perfect opener espec for Larry :) luv this tune
2.Magnificent( surely a classic in time like 'pride'
3.Get on your boots( great tune to jump around too)
4.No line on the horizon( great tune espec edge on backing vox)
5.Unknown caller(Awesome sing along song and edges end guitar solo :applaud:
6.Crazy tonight remix( great idea and works well live)
7.Moment of surrender( perfect song to end the night ive heard
it 3 times live now and still luv hearing it oh oh ohh ohh ohh ohh

they just need to throw in 'Stand up Comedy' :up:

BB

yeah, i think Magnificent could work too. Breathe's beat is just not fast enough to be an opener. the first couple chords pump up the crowd, but judging by YouTube vids, it just seems like halfway through the song, the crowd is just begging for something more exciting.

I have to politely disagree with this and reiterate the statement that bootlegs and youtube vids do not even remotely do it justice, comparatively to being there. At Dublin 2 and 3 people were going *absolutely insane* during Breathe (myself included). The energy when Edge hits those chords and they charge into the song was unbelievable.

Listen, before I went to these two shows, I was in your camp.....I totally thought that Breathe was going to be horrible and really mean nothing to me as a show opener. But after I saw it, heard it, experienced it, it took on a whole new life and my perspective changed completely.

That last part was just my opinion, but what I saw at the concerts is absolutely true....people seemed to absolutely love it, not be waiting for it to end. Trust me, nobody (that I could see) was bored in Dublin during Breathe :)

Others mileage may vary, as some people absolutely loved the Crazy Tonight remix and others hated it.

1. Crazy Tonight (So incredibly awesome)
2. Unknown Caller (The solo, the chant just great)
3. Magnificent (Magnificent as always)
4. No Line on the Horizon (Rocking but in a much better way than NLOTH 2, great live song)
5. Breathe (Builds energy nicely, crowd goes crazy when the song kicks off, probably be better opening an encore though)
6. Moment of Surrender (Love it until the end, it just ends...needs a longer solo or a 40 ending)
7. Boots (The chorus sounds even more awkward than the studio version, still really fun though)

I've been to four shows and listened to about 5 bootlegs.

1. Crazy Tonight
2. Moment of Surrender (though I don't like the studio version)
3. Breathe (maybe just for the excitement of opening the show)
4. No Line on The Horizon
5. Get on Your Boots (love the intro)
6. Magnificent (seems "empty" live, even though I love the song)
7. Unknown Caller (I dislike the studio version but live it is pretty decent)

There is nothing being played which I dislike anywhere near as much as ABOY or OOTS from the last tour :cute:

At Dublin 2 and 3 people were going *absolutely insane* during Breathe (myself included).

You clearly weren't standing anywhere near me.

At most shows I saw, I didn't feel the crowd really got going until NLOTH and Boots. I certainly didn't, and I spent a lot of time looking around me during Breathe just for something to do. Sure, the drum intro gets things off to a good start, but by the middle of the song, it's all stalled.

i've made a point of watching these songs evolve live, so...

1. Breathe, i think it's one of the best songs they've written, it holds it's own as a song rather than a intro pump up play
2. No Line on The Horizon, strong live, though i do feel it will never live up to potential, should be used as an extended opener sometimes
3. Crazy, saved the wow factor, this one shocked me and i like the scene, the the best part of the whole mix is the last few seconds, u know that full synth mode that should transition into mofo...
3. Magnificent, never agreed with the abreviated timing during the introduction, i say the more intro bars on the one, the better the song
4. Unknown Caller, hate the oh fest live, like a crowd of zombie or something, good one for guitar though, don't say shush, ever.
5. Moment of Surrender, cool song, had to end the show on such a downer, makes sense though, can't think of a better closer now
7. Get on Your Boots, hate the song since day 1, worst song ever.hopefully will be too loud and won't be able to distinguish it anyhow

Overall, love the new songs, best parts of the show.

Yeah..I have listened to several boots, from different sources..

1. Crazy Tonight (remix)
2. Moment of Surrender
3. Breathe
4. Unknown Caller
5. No Line on the Horizon
6. Magnificent
7. Get on your Boots

Is it just me or is it a HUGE LETDOWN to have Bono singing "Buh, Buh, Bum Bum Bum, Buh, Buh, Buh Buh Bum" were the awesome French Horn section is on the album right before the guitar solo? That part is Epic (even more so on the beach clips). I just really feel Edge could use some effect to make that awesome, but instead it's a letdown...and I love the song!

Just going by Bootlegs

Crazy love the remix :)

Unknown Caller love the album version,and its one song I look forward to seeing live.

No Line..WOW:hyper: sounds awesome!!...sometimes I think they should open with this one :up:

Breathe..It might not be my favorite track but sounds good to me

Magnificent..sounds good I like it..but I expected something more hearing this song live which I haven't really felt listening to the bootlegs.

GOYB I still love this song ..even live :)

OHHH I forgot MOS!...:doh:...I love this song, and I think when I hear it close the shows in September I might cry...

Last edited:
From going to 3 shows

1. Crazy Tonight
2. Unknown Caller
3. Moment of Surrender
4. NLOTH
5. Magnificient
6 Breathe
7. GOYB

Only hear 1 bootleg, but saw 3 shows on this tour, so my judging is based more on the live shows:

1. Breathe
2. MOS/Crazy
3. Magnificent
4. Unknown Caller
5. Boots
6. NLOTH

After listning almost every boot outthere

01 No Line on the Horizon :hyper:
02 Magnificent :heart:
03 Breathe:drool:
04 Get on your Boots :wink:
05 Crazy Tonight (remix):applaud: