If they did the "Crazy" remix, why not go for a "All Because Of You" Remix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the same reason I think that the 1987-1992 versions of With or Without You, with a little Edge solo and Shine Like Stars, are the best versions of those songs. A U2 show where they play album arrangements would be boring.

that comparison makes zero sense to me. those versions of wowoy are better, (and i agree those extras make them great), BUT they still sound like the original for the most part and it still sounds like a U2 song. those versions are not someone else's interpretation of the song that u2 then decides to do a cover of. the remixes, are like u2 playing streets the way the pet shop boys covered it. i would never got to a u2 show to see that.

to compare that version of wowoy with a remix, by some dj, were its unrecognizable as a u2 song makes no sense to me. I don't know anyone that goes to a concert to hear their favorite band play a completely, unrecognizable version of their own songs- so much so, that it doesn't even sound like the band.

enhancing an already great song, is one thing. completely redoing a great song, to where it sounds nothing like the original is something completely different.

NOOO no no ABOY remix please..I like ABOY but I don't want to hear a live remix of the song.:wink:

that comparison makes zero sense to me. those versions of wowoy are better, (and i agree those extras make them great), BUT they still sound like the original for the most part and it still sounds like a U2 song. those versions are not someone else's interpretation of the song that u2 then decides to do a cover of. the remixes, are like u2 playing streets the way the pet shop boys covered it. i would never got to a u2 show to see that.

to compare that version of wowoy with a remix, by some dj, were its unrecognizable as a u2 song makes no sense to me. I don't know anyone that goes to a concert to hear their favorite band play a completely, unrecognizable version of their own songs- so much so, that it doesn't even sound like the band.

enhancing an already great song, is one thing. completely redoing a great song, to where it sounds nothing like the original is something completely different.

I'd assume that U2 think that this remix enhances their original composition, or they wouldn't be playing it.

Back
Top Bottom