:: I have an amazing prediction (must-read; amazing prediction)::

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Firstly, here are the facts that form the basis of my amazing prediction:

1. The U2 360 Tour, during its early shows and perhaps during the recent ones (I haven't been following) had an International Space Station, mock, link-up
2. Guy Laliberté and U2 are good friends. Ex., during the most recent stop in Montréal (2005), U2 thanked Guy Laliberté for a "grand fête"
(fyi: Mr. Laliberté is the creator of Cirque du soleil)
3. Mr. Laliberté is the first Canadian space tourist and is on (if not, will shortly be on) the International Space Station. He paid $35 million for this privilege (flying via the Russian Space Program out of Kazakhstan today)

--- BASED ON THIS, I ZooMacPhisto800 predict ---

That there will be a real International Space Station link-up during an upcoming U2 show...

--- AND FURTHERMORE ---

This might involve U2 playing Acrobat

they wont ever play acrobat... that my prediction, and its based on a quote from Bono saying they will never play acrobat live

When I saw this thread from the forum index I thought it was the Slow Loris posting. :sigh:

Firstly, here are the facts that form the basis of my amazing prediction:

1. The U2 360 Tour, during its early shows and perhaps during the recent ones (I haven't been following) had an International Space Station, mock, link-up
2. Guy Laliberté and U2 are good friends. Ex., during the most recent stop in Montréal (2005), U2 thanked Guy Laliberté for a "grand fête"
(fyi: Mr. Laliberté is the creator of Cirque du soleil)
3. Mr. Laliberté is the first Canadian space tourist and is on (if not, will shortly be on) the International Space Station. He paid $35 million for this privilege (flying via the Russian Space Program out of Kazakhstan today)

--- BASED ON THIS, I ZooMacPhisto800 predict ---

That there will be a real International Space Station link-up during an upcoming U2 show...

--- AND FURTHERMORE ---

This might involve U2 playing Acrobat

---FURTHER FURTHERMORE---

It will be transmitted from David Bowie's nipple.

The prediction is the real ISS link-up...

If it didn't initially occur to Bono to play Acrobat at said opportunity, I'm sure it has now. Bono, it's time. Make it so.

If they were to do a link-up, they'd play In A Little While, as Bono dedicated the song to Guy Laliberté during the European leg, even adjusting the lyrics to suit him.

If they were to do a link-up, they'd play In A Little While, as Bono dedicated the song to Guy Laliberté during the European leg, even adjusting the lyrics to suit him.

The thoughts of a fellow influential Interferencer is most welcome. You might be right on the IALW front... Acrobat is a bit of a wish you know...

nope, someone here told me that before the tour started. Ax, do you know where it is?

The only quote I can think of is when somebody asked Bono before an Elevation gig if they'd play Acrobat for her birthday, and he replied that Edge would have to meditate in a tree for a month first, or something to that effect.

As far as I'm concerned, Edge needs to get meditating!

ZOOMACPHISTO800 IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING FURTHER PROOF TO HIS EARLIER STATED CONVICTIONS:

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2009/09/29/u2-gore-mcconaughey-headline-lalibertes-global-water-event/

"The event will take place simultaneously on October 9th at 20:00 EDT (-4 GMT) in Montreal, Moscow, Santa Monica, New York City, Johannesburg, Mumbai, Marrakesh, Sydney, Osaka, Tampa, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Paris, London and the International Space Station"

U2 is in Tampa on Oct. 9th - FACT
U2 is involved in the event - FACT
The (entire) event takes place at 20.00 EDT and will last for 2 hours... this coincides with U2 showtime

Space link up and "Acrobat" doesn't really make sense. Maybe if you said "Satellite of Love" or something, you know, space related...I'd be more apt to subscribe to your ideas. More than likely, it would be around "Unknown Caller" or "In A Little While" like someone else said...

Space link up and "Acrobat" doesn't really make sense. Maybe if you said "Satellite of Love" or something, you know, space related...I'd be more apt to subscribe to your ideas. More than likely, it would be around "Unknown Caller" or "In A Little While" like someone else said...

Cirque du soleil is all about acrobats...

How do we join the Order of Fellow Influential Interferencers?

Is this anything like the Freemasons? I'm game so long as I don't have to re-enact the murder of any biblical folk.

Naw, the Stonecutters!

stonecutter.jpg

Another article on this.

Guy Laliberte Takes Clown Act to ISS

ut the biggest event is scheduled for Oct. 9, when Laliberte plans to coordinate from space a 14-city show on Earth featuring former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, Peter Gabriel and U2, seeking to raise awareness through "artistic illustration of the humanitarian struggles and solutions associated with water." Laliberte is founder of the One Drop Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that everyone across the planet has access to water.

The event will take place simultaneously in Montreal, Moscow, New York, Johannesburg, Sydney, Tampa, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Paris and London, as well as Santa Monica, Calif.; Tampa, Fla.; Mumbai, India; Marrakesh, Morocco; and Osaka, Japan. The 120-minute show will be globally broadcast, and will also be made available as a Webcast through the One Drop Foundation.

Back
Top Bottom