How many times has UTEOTW been played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
360° Tour
· 2009-07-21 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
· 2009-07-24 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
· 2009-07-31 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadion
· 2009-08-09 - Zagreb, Croatia - Stadium Maksimir
· 2009-08-15 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 2009-09-13 - Chicago, Illinois - Soldier Field
· 2009-09-16 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre
· 2009-09-21 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Gillette Stadium
· 2009-09-24 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Giants Stadium
· 2009-10-06 - Atlanta, Georgia - Georgia Dome
· 2009-10-09 - Tampa, Florida - Raymond James Stadium
· 2009-10-12 - Arlington, Texas - New Cowboys Stadium
· 2009-10-14 - Houston, Texas - Reliant Stadium

U2 Until The End Of The World - U2 on tour

Got to see the season premiere in amsterdam:drool: What a song, I was going ape shit when I heard the intro.

Wow, very cool video! I was lucky enough to be in TO on the 16th for this one, in RZ, so I didn't get the full impact of all the "effects" especially at the end, that the full stadium got. Seeing that vid just confirms how awesome a spectacle this band is, and their winning formula works which is (IMO): 1) Great song (first and foremost), 2) Passionate perfomance and 3) Outstanding technical presentation.
This vid has it all.
Cheers,

AMSTERDAM was fabulous! I was there front row .. getting crazy completely. I jumped for the full 5minutes. This was such a surprise. Until the end of the world rocks/kicks ass. I will never ever forget this!

I have to say up until this tour I thought UTEOTW was getting a bit tired, not great, not awful, just sort there as filler in the setlist. But it is perfect for the staging and U2 are playing it very well this tour, it definately belongs in the setlist for 360. (then again so does HMTMKMKM ;) )

It's definitely a song that rises and falls on the bands enthusiasm for it - Zoo, Popmart, and Elevation versions were spectacular, but it always felt out of place on Vertigo to me, and some of those 4th leg versions are just boring.

But I haven't heard a 360 performance yet, hopefully it'll be in there Sunday night.

Last edited:
:bow:The staging of UTEOTW on this tour is brilliant. It was worth the crapload of money they spent on those two bridges to have that visual. That's how you use technology in a concert. It's not just empty spectacle. It actually enhances the meaning of the song.

:bow:The staging of UTEOTW on this tour is brilliant. It was worth the crapload of money they spent on those two bridges to have that visual. That's how you use technology in a concert. It's not just empty spectacle. It actually enhances the meaning of the song.

:up:

songs that need a rest and ones needed for 3rd leg

These are songs I hope are given a rest for the 3rd Leg:

I Still Haven't Found What i'm Looking For
Mysterious Ways
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
With or Without You (Torn on this One)

The 1st 2 songs have been beaten down every tour and I was glad they stopped playing BTBS.

These are some suggestions of songs that need to be played or aternated nightly to keep the setlist fresh.

Kite/ Sometimes You Cant Make it on Your Own
Bad/ All I Want Is You
Even Better Than the Real Thing/Gone/Last Night on Earth
One Tree Hill (a Must)/In Gods Country
Stay/Electrical Storm
So Cruel/Sweetest thing
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Years Day
New York/Miracle Drug
I'll Go Crazy (not conga style but regular)
Elcectric Co/Gloria/Two Hearts Beat as One

This would keep the set list from being so stagnant and predicable on a nightly basis. I went to both Vegas and Rose Bowl shows and they were identical.

To be fair the reason they had identical set lists for Vegas and the Rose Bowl was the DVD.

Phoenix was the same set list as well (we went to all 3 shows).

Back on topic - UTEOTW must stay in the setlist for the next leg. As others have said, the staging, lighting, performance, etc. are impressive on the 360 stage. This is a home run!

I feel lucky that we got the exact same set in Vancouver. For some reason, I feared a shorter set and missing UTEOTW. Thankfully, this wasn't the case. I hadn't seen UTEOTW since Elevation in Vancouver, so in a way, it was due back.

Back
Top Bottom