Hopes for Leg 4 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
surely there is more to talk about!

There really isn't. Only when the rehearsals/concerts begin again, then people will start lurking around more. Besides, they most likely won't make many changes to the setlist once the next leg gets going. I have a feeling a lot of what they were playing before is going to remain in the show. This means most of the same complaints are going to pop up once again. "They should drop (insert post-2000 song), why aren't they playing (insert Pop song)" rinse, repeat.

[/QUOTE]
There really isn't. Only when the rehearsals/concerts begin again, then people will start lurking around more. Besides, they most likely won't make many changes to the setlist once the next leg gets going. I have a feeling a lot of what they were playing before is going to remain in the show. This means most of the same complaints are going to pop up once again. "They should drop (insert post-2000 song), why aren't they playing (insert Pop song)" rinse, repeat.

I'd sooner take 1980-83 and more JT album tracks than I would Pop, but that's just me! That doesn't mean that I am not all for Gone, Please, LNOE and MOFO if U2 are, but being a realist, I think I have a better shot at the others on my wish list!

I will point out that the set got a lot different on Vertigo when it hit down under. We know One Tree Hill will be there, and we also are coming off Leg 3 where they shook things up a lot more than Legs 1&2. Maybe OTH will lead them to rediscover other songs, maybe a Lovetown homage since they've stopped promoting NLOTH, maybe they'll get songs like EBTTRT and Trying to Throw.. in there like they've been discussing for a while. We are pretty sure they'll play a few brand new songs that weren't heard on the European leg.

You are right, it would be foolish to expect a complete overhaul, and unlikely that 2000s stuff takes the back bench, but its not likely to be as static as you suggest.

The full quote was this:

surely there is more to talk about than the same stupid joke repeated over and over!!

I think most us would rather speculate on the hand full of changes that are very likely to be in order next week than they would hear "U2 never plays (insert 360 staple here) I want to hear that, no fair, look at me I'm so funny" over and over again.

But that's just me:wink:

Is it possible that U2 get Aung San Suu Kyi to come on stage? They did it with Salaman Rushdie. I could see this happening....

That would be right up there with Sarajevo in the band's minds, thats for sure. It would be huge for them, something they've cared deeply about for so long. Oceania is the closest they come geographically to Burma, so logistically, it may work.

The only hang up I could see, and this comes with the disclaimer that I know next to nothing about the Junta in Burma(I think most are with me, its a very secretive regime), is she'd be worried that they wouldn't let her back into the country.

The only hang up I could see [...] is she'd be worried that they wouldn't let her back into the country.

I think that's the main reason why she will not join U2. She can't leave the country, or if she does she can't return. At least that was the case in the past couple of decades (when she wasn't imprisoned or under house arrest). She even couldn't visit her dying husband (who lived in London, I think) out of fear of not able to be let back in.

So no, there will be no Aung San Suu Kyi on stage. Being released from house arrest is not the same as being free. At least in Birma.

Back
Top Bottom