Hopes for LEG 3 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDon169

The Fly
Where is the Hard EDGE this band used to have.
Moment of Disappointment...
I sure hope Leg 3 has at least 3 of these songs

11 Tick Tock, Gloria, Wire, Electric CO., I Fall Down, One Tree Hill
Sort of Homecoming, Exit, 2 Hearts Beat as One, Trip Through your Wires!

This Current Setlist is just soooo:love: Vanilla Ice!

Your Thoughts...

Maybe some POP (really fits with the stage)?? And YBR should be permanent (they didn't play this one at Giants), I saw the boys at Giants, and it was amazing, crowd was electric, but I think throwing in a few POP songs would up the tempo, one can dream right - U2 should pull a real 360 - and play Pop! Either way, I'm going back, don't miss this one.

I think the setlist of the last four shows is damn near perfect. I'd love to see YBR on there instead of IALW, but that's just a minor switch. So they could play this set every day next year and I'd be happy.

However, I really need to hear SOA before I can make a wish list for next year.

perhaps all i want is you to replace with or without you. and some more rockers in there.

I think the setlist of the last four shows is damn near perfect. I'd love to see YBR on there instead of IALW, but that's just a minor switch. So they could play this set every day next year and I'd be happy.

However, I really need to hear SOA before I can make a wish list for next year.

i think the past four setlists, with Your Blue Room instead of Elevation and Stay instead of Stuck, would be just about perfection and they could play that for the rest of the tour.

As others have said, if they would switch out Stay in place of Stuck and Your Blue Room in place of In A Little While, the set list would have been perfect for this tour. The only thing that could have made it better then would be if they would have played Stand Up Comedy.

We can't start making up set-lists for next year though because it's almost guaranteed that they'll be releasing Songs Of Ascent before the next tour, so we have no way of creating a Wish Set-List.

Where do I begin?

Well, I guess where the set begins: one of my hopes for the subsequent legs is a different opener. I'd particularly love U2 to break the cliche of opening with a new song and go for something old. UTEOTW followed by NLOTH would be a sensational way to open the show, breaking the cliche but still keeping new material up front.

Where is the Hard EDGE this band used to have.
Moment of Disappointment...
I sure hope Leg 3 has at least 3 of these songs

11 Tick Tock, Gloria, Wire, Electric CO., I Fall Down, One Tree Hill
Sort of Homecoming, Exit, 2 Hearts Beat as One, Trip Through your Wires!
SOH, OTH, Trip, 2 Hearts are what you consider "hard Edge"? Really?

This Current Setlist is just soooo:love: Vanilla Ice!

Because it slices like a ninja, or rocks a mic like a vandal?

Please let them NEVER resurrect trip ever again. :scream:

The only song I really want added is Gone/Mofo. Besides that, take out Stuck and I'm a very happy camper with this setlist! :up:

hefri4.jpg

-Rotate some Boy/October in- maybe only need 1 or 2 per night, but pick from a list something like: I Will Follow, Out of Control, Electric Co, Another Time Another Place, A Day Without Me,Rejoice, Gloria, October. Again, no more than one or 2 per night, didn't do the math, but go fully through this list every 5 or 6 shows, u get the idea.

-When New Year's Day is not in the set, you can almost guarantee 5 songs from ATYCLB are. When NYD is not in the set, how about 2 Hearts, Surrender or Like A Song? Even if NYD is in the set, I would take a War song in place of Elevation every third or fourth show. Again, stress that I am well aware the structure of this tour or U2's habits in general does not lend itself to playing 5 songs/night off boy or war, but 3 per night from these 2 albums is more than feasible. And, come on, its not that long, just play the 2 minute plus album version of 40 after MOS at 1/4 of the shows and let Larry and the crowd send us home! A significant group of concert goers honestly miss 40 as the closer, Vertigo Tour satisfied this group without neglecting other good closers.

I feel it would take care of one of the biggest complaints I have heard about this tour, both from here and in general: the lack of early 1980s material.

-Goes without saying, but Even Better Than The Real Thing, Gone, Last Night On Earth, MOFO, DYFL, HMTMKMKM, Zooropa, Dirty Day fit this stage perfectly. I think the only place they need a real overhaul in this set is here. They definitely need to add an encore before the current one with 90s mini sets, or if some nights, Pop material makes up 2 of the 3 songs or more, a Pop mini set with Pop Muzik like they did for Zoo on Vertigo.

-Back to ATYCLB, they only need BD(for obvious reasons) and Walk On, because it fits with the political issues they are promoting this tour. If they run with 2 and not 5 from this album, then we have a few more odd ball spots for songs like Wild Horses, Trying to throw....., Trip Through Your Wire, In God's Country, Exit, Wire, A Sort of Homecoming, The Fly, etc.

ATYCLB is good, great in spots, but lets face it. I have not found anyone here who would argue it is better than UF, JT or AB. Plus, songs from NLOTH sound a little awkward next to ATYCLB.

Do a little experiment with a playlist- what sounds better- Acoustic Stuck>>No Line or THE FLY>>NO LINE???????

I forgot about VI being in Ninja Turtles.

Greatest cameo in a movie ever. and most likely greatest rap song about a ninja turtle ever.

Leg 3 Opening should be:-

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Ultra Violet
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Every Breaking Wave
Winter
Magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom