Hopes for LEG 3 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is the setlists for next year will be very close to legs 1 & 2. It will be nowhere close to a complete overhaul. Since they think NLOTH is 'too complex' (discussed elsewhere) a few of those songs will be dropped and a few SOA songs might get added. Wouldn't be surprised if they cave in and add I Will Follow.

All right, dream setlist time! While I'm quite happy with the current setlist, I do have a few ideas:
-First of all, I'd love to see Stand Up Comedy live. Granted, it's not my favorite song on NLOTH, but I think it could be really great live. Plus, I'd love to hear an extended version of Edge's solo.
-Secondly, DROP WOWY. Or at least move it. Right now, it's just killing momentum.
-And, finally, a random list of songs I'd love to see played on 360:
* The Fly
* White As Snow (way better fit for the "acoustic song" slot than IALW, if you ask me.)
* Discotheque
* MOFO
* HMTMKMKM
* Disappearing Act

All right, dream setlist time! While I'm quite happy with the current setlist, I do have a few ideas:
-First of all, I'd love to see Stand Up Comedy live. Granted, it's not my favorite song on NLOTH, but I think it could be really great live. Plus, I'd love to hear an extended version of Edge's solo.
-Secondly, DROP WOWY. Or at least move it. Right now, it's just killing momentum.
-And, finally, a random list of songs I'd love to see played on 360:
* The Fly
* White As Snow (way better fit for the "acoustic song" slot than IALW, if you ask me.)
* Discotheque
* MOFO
* HMTMKMKM
* Disappearing Act

I want to hear SUC, FEZ, and WAS. At least try them!
Disapearing Act getting a shot would be a miracle! But I'd love to hear it!
Drop Walk On, Elevation, Stuck - replace them with the three above!

I'd also like to hear HMTHKMKM again, EBTTRT, Gone, Luminous Times, and Drowning Man - But that's just me! ;)

Where do I begin?

Well, I guess where the set begins: one of my hopes for the subsequent legs is a different opener. I'd particularly love U2 to break the cliche of opening with a new song and go for something old. UTEOTW followed by NLOTH would be a sensational way to open the show, breaking the cliche but still keeping new material up front.

i have to disagree. imo, at this point in U2's lengthy career, opening with an old song would kill the immediacy of U2's new album(s). they are on tour for NLOTH (/Songs of Ascent, hopefully). they should be very up front about it.

the set will def need a freshen up..
think i mentioned in another thread
Fez has to be introduced to the set
Stand up comedy should be one that
stays in the 2010 set through out..
a couple of songs from POP added
and i will follow back in since its a
cool oldie song...

i would drop One or WOWY and put in
'White as snow' and 'one step closer'

how about a dance set in the the middle? discotheque/mofo/even better/crazy tonight/lemon to get things going?

Songs they need to bury and Play for 3rd leg...

These are songs I hope are given a rest for the 3rd Leg:

I Still Haven't Found What i'm Looking For
Mysterious Ways
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
With or Without You (Torn on this One)

The 1st 2 songs have been beaten down every tour and I was glad they stopped playing BTBS.

These are some suggestions of songs that need to be played or aternated nightly to keep the setlist fresh.

Kite/ Sometimes You Cant Make it on Your Own
Bad/ All I Want Is You
Even Better Than the Real Thing/Gone/Last Night on Earth
One Tree Hill (a Must)/In Gods Country
Stay/Electrical Storm
So Cruel/Sweetest thing
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Years Day
New York/Miracle Drug
I'll Go Crazy (not conga style but regular)
Elcectric Co/Gloria/Two Hearts Beat as One

This would keep the set list from being so stagnant and predicable on a nightly basis. I went to both Vegas and Rose Bowl shows and they were identical.

I want to hear SUC, FEZ, and WAS. At least try them!
Disapearing Act getting a shot would be a miracle! But I'd love to hear it!
Drop Walk On, Elevation, Stuck - replace them with the three above!

I'd also like to hear HMTHKMKM again, EBTTRT, Gone, Luminous Times, and Drowning Man - But that's just me! ;)

No, it is not just you. Me, too:wink:

I would be heartbroken if they dropped UC, Magnificent, GOYB or Breathe or MOS..... unless SOA is far superior... :/

&& And actually As a YBR switch every once in awhile they should play Zooropa in it's place. I think it's a perfect song for the whole spacey-ness.

Something, anything from Pop, even if its just U2's way of saying "Yes we are aware this album exists".

yes.

I think Mofo would rock The Claw hard, and it's really a crime that they haven't played Gone since Bono is literally wearing a suit of lights.

Some new songs, hopefully.

Maybe a tad less ATYCLB. Keep BD obviously, and I actually really love Elevation live. Walk On was cool but I wouldn't mind seeing something else instead. and Stuck, again, fine, but there are better songs (Stay for example).

A pipe dream: full band GBHF. It'll never happen, but it would make my life if it did.

Keep YBR.

In general - more rockers, more 90's. Maybe The Fly, EBTTRT, HMTMKMKM?

That said, I liked 360's setlist. Good stuff.

I have a list of suggestions that I would love to see realized :drool:

First of, I think they really need to bring back songs from Zooropa, Lemon and Zooropa would be fine :D Your Blue Room would be an excellent surprise, and throwing in Discotheque or Numb would be mega awesome :hyper: But my main wish is to have Lemon brought back along with Macphisto :heart:

I don't get it though, if U2 thinks NLOTH was too complex and therefore take songs off the set-list :'( :'(.... why would they play songs from POP when that was an ever more poorly received album?....

Don't take off any songs from NLOTH.. they are perfect... sure maybe the band could play them a little differently but they didn't seem to give it much of a chance for everybody i think... :(

Is it because he isn't trying or just is so tired from all the shows?

It all depends on who you talk to, I remember a few posters bitching because he was trying too hard, that "he shows off too much with this over the top operatic bullshit", and then you have some that think his voice is great, and others won't ever be happy(EVER).

Personally, I think Bono's voice is in great shape, he's not exactly in the best shape, and because of that he's inconsistent this tour.

i think his voice is great. certainly at the start of the us leg he was really nailing the end of walk on. i didn't care for the song, but his voice was going well enough to get me to make a comment on it.

He was well rested at Union Chapel. A little different situation during the tour.

* Live debuts of Cedarse Of Lebanon and Fez...

*Themed first encores

( Unforgettable Fire encore

Disappearing Act / Fez (Being Born) / A Sort of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
MLK
Bad

interchangable with

Early 80's Encore

11 O'Clock Tick Tock / Gloria
Drowning Man / Threw A Brick / A Day Without Me
Out Of Control / Celebration

Achtung Baby Encore

Ultraviolet
Lady With The Spinning Head / Real Thing
Trying To Throw Your Arms
The Fly

* Love Is Blindness revived as a closer

* Your Blue Room EVERY NIGHT

* Gloria :drool:

My hopes – it would be awesome to listen to some of these tunes in concert:

- Stand Up Comedy
- Cedars Of Lebanon
- White As Snow
- Winter
- Wave Of Sorrow
- Crumbs From Your Table
- Electrical Storm
- Discothéque
- Your Blue Room
- Dirty Day
- Acrobat
- God Part II
- Exit
- A Sort Of Homcoming
- Drowning Man
- October
- Twilight

I just realized edge sings more of that song, which maybe why it sounds a little better. I hope it does surface as some sort of B-side, which would be really really cool.

I can't wait for next year!!!

My ideal realistic setlist:

1) No Line on the Horizon
2) Breath
3) Even Better Than the Real Thing
4) Elevation
5) Unknown Caller
6) Your Blue Room
7) Magnificent
8) Beautiful Day
9) All I Want is You
10) Until the End of the World
11) Get On Your Boots
12) City of Blinding Lights
13) Unforgettable Fire
14) Vertigo
15) Bad
16) Streets.
---
17) Last Night on Earth
18) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't...
19) One
---
20) Ultraviolet
21) Walk On
22) Moment of Surrender

No set list here, but I have big, big hopes for Winter, Sort of Homecoming, Stand Up Comedy and Miss Sarajevo.

It all depends on who you talk to, I remember a few posters bitching because he was trying too hard, that "he shows off too much with this over the top operatic bullshit", and then you have some that think his voice is great, and others won't ever be happy(EVER).

Personally, I think Bono's voice is in great shape, he's not exactly in the best shape, and because of that he's inconsistent this tour.

Yes I think that is a fair assessment. I would say Bono has done a very good job so far. His voice on 360 has been better than on all tours since ZOO TV with the exception of the final leg of Vertigo, when it sounded amazing- falsetto included. I just wish he would use the depth of his voice more often, like he did on ZOO TV. It's hard to describe but I jut loved the way he sang One, Mysterious Ways etc on that tour.

Back
Top Bottom